Author Topic: A wild GOIO VN appears...  (Read 26939 times)

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
A wild GOIO VN appears...
« on: December 09, 2016, 01:21:09 am »
https://youtu.be/o5VYkbAxYxI

This is just a little teaser for now that we wanted to get out before the end of the year. Which is of course, only a tiny glimpse at where we're actually at.

I do apologize as I hinted we’d be announcing something in summer. Getting the company in order took longer than anticipated. In fact there are still a few things left to do. However, we're now at a point where I feel we're able to move forward with our roll out and not leave people hanging.

Details TBA. We’ll also be doing some Q&A sessions as I'm sure not everyone from the old days is still around. But to sum it all up, the Guns of Icarus Visual Novel Project is back and yes Broken Hammer Games is a real LLC game company created for producing Visual Novels and game development that we formed out of the original TTR Studio team. Muse has been a fantastic help in not only advice but also giving us their blessing in producing this VN.

Our site is now open for all:
Our special new years video is here:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 03:03:08 am by The Mann »

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
Re: A wild GOIO VN appears...
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 02:50:47 am »
I enjoy visual novels. I always wanted to escape into the world of Guns of Icarus.

I don't know much about the lore of GOIO, but I enjoy the scenery. I always figured a graphic novel would take the scenery and possibly create a sense of mystery and adventure around it.

I would love to see this developed. I would pay money for this.

Offline Atruejedi

• Salutes: 64
    • [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 04:54:54 am »
This interests me. Looking forward to seeing what's cooking.

P.S. If you need any voice work done, I'm available to help out and I'm sure Renaulde would be interested as well.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 08:10:37 am »
Heh I recently started developing .NET library with editor for system of in-game NPC dialogues. I would offer you that, unfortunatelly:

1. The editor is WIP.
2. The library itself, even though seems like finished now, may undergo some changes during the works over editor.
3. After Im finished with all of that, then I'm going to actually prepare documentation with some manual.

4. It all takes time, and my life currently, welp. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_burUoFygtI - so few months will pass unfortunately before I will have satisfactory code and programs ready.

5. I'm using .NET2.0 Binary Serialization, so without editor you have no way of creating dialogue files.
6. If you want to use some features (dialogue actions, i.e. passing items during dialogue, and alternative dialogue nodes based on condition, i.e. character doesn't have an item, or story event is yet to happen) you have to change your game code to fit few things it requires to work.

7. Speaking of dialogue actions, I'm still yet to plan the architecture of classes for them, even though I'll probably end up with similar structure as I have for conditions now.

I can provide you with my older version of both library and editor, though

1) DLLs required won't work with Unity - tried it, that was my mistake, thus now creating new, refreshed and slightly more badass version

2) No dialogue actions nor conditions are present

3) I was coding it entirely during my period of my clinical depression recurrence - it's quite a bloody mess.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 06:02:47 pm »
A wild VN....

AND Wild Week in devapp (crazy Squid changes!)?

Too much at once! Take it back!

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 07:01:46 pm »
AND Wild Week in devapp (crazy Squid changes!)?

...? I need to know

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 07:02:00 pm »
Heh I recently started developing .NET library with editor for system of in-game NPC dialogues. I would offer you that, unfortunatelly:

1. The editor is WIP.
2. The library itself, even though seems like finished now, may undergo some changes during the works over editor.
3. After Im finished with all of that, then I'm going to actually prepare documentation with some manual.

4. It all takes time, and my life currently, welp. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_burUoFygtI - so few months will pass unfortunately before I will have satisfactory code and programs ready.

5. I'm using .NET2.0 Binary Serialization, so without editor you have no way of creating dialogue files.
6. If you want to use some features (dialogue actions, i.e. passing items during dialogue, and alternative dialogue nodes based on condition, i.e. character doesn't have an item, or story event is yet to happen) you have to change your game code to fit few things it requires to work.

7. Speaking of dialogue actions, I'm still yet to plan the architecture of classes for them, even though I'll probably end up with similar structure as I have for conditions now.

1) DLLs required won't work with Unity - tried it, that was my mistake, thus now creating new, refreshed and slightly more badass version

3) I was coding it entirely during my period of my clinical depression recurrence - it's quite a bloody mess.

Oh no worries. We've got a pretty simple, yet powerful, game engine we're using. Honestly had this kind of stuff been around back when I was in high school, I would have gone into game development sooner :D

As far as overall work on the project goes and people interested in helping, we'll likely announce things in that regards shortly. Especially after we reveal our roll out schedule and time lines. I won't say we aren't looking for more talent because, we are. We just haven't been openly recruiting like we did with TTR. Under TTR we'd drop a post, get a bunch of interest, then people make commitments and either never do anything or they'd drag things along for awhile before telling us they couldn't. That might fly for a fan project but not for a business that is aiming at a full game release.

Offline Lysanya

• Salutes: 18
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
    • Lysanya's Twitch Channel
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 08:05:37 pm »

P.S. If you need any voice work done, I'm available to help out and I'm sure Renaulde would be interested as well.

I'm also interested in lending a voice to the project, if you need it.  I'd need to know timetables before committing though.

Offline Atruejedi

• Salutes: 64
    • [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2016, 09:16:31 pm »

I'm also interested in lending a voice to the project, if you need it.  I'd need to know timetables before committing though.

We'll answer voice over questions when we handle the rest. Possibly during a Fireside. We're talking with Muse about that.  But I will say, this, there is limitations with how much voice over work can be done simply because mic quality isn't baseline. That would have to be explored.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2016, 10:38:02 am »

1. The editor is WIP.

Oh no worries. We've got a pretty simple, yet powerful, game engine we're using. Honestly had this kind of stuff been around back when I was in high school, I would have gone into game development sooner :D

Don't take that proposition I came up with as an act of good will, I thought about it more in terms of animal testing of my works.

:p

I would lend my voice too if my microphone wasn't shit.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2016, 09:02:33 pm »
Same here if you're looking for some eastern-european accent

Also, seems interesting. How much do you plan the game to cost at the release, if I may ask?

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2016, 11:13:14 pm »
Same here if you're looking for some eastern-european accent

Also, seems interesting. How much do you plan the game to cost at the release, if I may ask?

Well if you look into the GOIO lore, some of the nations do have eastern european styles and cultures.

Pricing will be discussed as we roll out more. But it will be competitive.

Offline Fynx

• Salutes: 30
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2016, 01:09:28 pm »
I'll hold my breath.

• [TBB]
    • View Profile