Author Topic: Absurd sniper gun idea  (Read 5565 times)

Offline Unarmed Civilian

• Salutes: 12
    • [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
Absurd sniper gun idea
« on: November 22, 2016, 06:29:28 pm »
Here's a terrible weapon idea.

A field artillery piece just stuffed onto a medium gun slot. Nobody knows how the gunner managed to get that thing on there, but there it is.

Arming range: 600m
Direct: 180 Explosive
Burst: 220 Explosive, 15m radius

Only one shot. 8 second reload.

With charged rounds, this does 728 damage to hull, killing everything but a Spire, Goldfish, and Galleon in one direct hit. But you have to get a direct hit. At 600m. With Lochnagar, it does 1260 damage to hull and has a more reasonable 360m arming range. Only a Galleon is surviving that.

Within its arming range, you're only getting a one-hit-kill if shooting at a Squid or Junker with Loch. Still hurts though.

Turning Speed: Think Lochnagar Artemis.
Turning Arcs: Think H Flak.

For high-risk high-reward sniper junkies. Probably horribly underpowered due to arming range. Probably hilarious to kill someone with it.

Discussion, reasons why this is an awful idea, reasons why I'm an awful person, and accusations that I don't play the game below.

Offline Helios.

• Salutes: 14
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
Re: Absurd sniper gun idea
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 07:42:53 pm »
we had big one hit guns in the form of the heavy flak, and honestly there are a lot of people who miss it, and i share their sadness. basically if you line up a merc, lets have a gun to finish the job once the merc does its job.

i think the shatter damage might be redundant, and give it further use than intended, im personally rather frustrated with the artemis being such a versatile weapon, and its resultant ubiquity. so maybe im taking my annoyance for that too far in being a wet blanket for this idea, if so, i apologize

Offline Naoura

• Salutes: 25
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 08:36:13 am »

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 10:44:22 am »
I should finish that model and animation sometime.

Offline Unarmed Civilian

• Salutes: 12
    • [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 01:50:52 pm »
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,7654.0.html

Along the lines of this?

Actually, yeah, but without the fancy speed-loader. I got caught up in the animation and wording and thought it was a 2-shot clip.

I just wanted to throw out the crazy sniper idea at its logical conclusion.

Offline Naoura

• Salutes: 25
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 07:41:35 pm »
Well, any kind of howitzer would be a welcome addition, especially if you increased Heavy Flak's projectile speed and sliiiightly reduce it's damage. It would offer Old Flak's power and skill requirement, while making New Flak an easier alternative for lower level players.

I would say make H-Flak more akin to it's lighter alternative. Drop the damage, obviously, but give us the Howitzer to make up for it. A howitzer would be able to kill lighter hulled enemies in 1-2 shots, while the flak would require 4-5, but would be a load easier to hit with.