Linked Events

• The Big Brass Revival Rules and Announcement (First Tourname: December 03, 2016
  • The Big Brass Revival Rules and Announcement (First Tourname: December 10, 2016
  • The Big Brass Revival Rules and Announcement (First Tourname: December 17, 2016

Author Topic: The Big Brass Revival Rules and Announcement (First Tournament w/ CASH Prizes)  (Read 26490 times)

Offline Keyvias

• Salutes: 83
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile

Think you're the best? Prove it and earn money for winning!
Watch the official trailer for Big Brass Revival here!

Synopsis:

Big Brass Revival will be a classic 2v2 8 player Team Deathmatch set in a Double Elimination bracket over the course of up to 3 weeks

We want to see the best of the best in our game fight and to ramp up the stakes! Join in and fight your way to the top for renown, honor, and $200!
With the help of Jub Jub, KitKatKitty, Admiral Obvious, and others from the community we want to run the best and biggest tournament possible!

Sign-Ups:

Will Open Monday, November 7th
Sign-Ups are now live and may be viewed here!

Brackets and Match-Sets & Maps:

Streamers for Big Brass Revival:

Schedule:
  • This is a 3 week long tournament starting on Saturday, December 3rd.
  • Matches will begin promptly at 7:00pm UTC/2:00pm EST.
  • All match ups and maps will be announced after Sign-Ups close
  • For further time-based inquiries please use http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/.

Teams:
  • Information requested from each team:
    • Team Name
    • Two Contacts with in-game name and Steam ID (Steam ID may be sent to competitive@musegames.com with the Subject titled "Big Brass Revival Contacts")
    • If you do not provide a Steam ID and ONLY an In-Game Contact - If there is a conflict or you are not in game to be contacted for match lobbies, the responsibility falls on the Team Captain.
    • Team Logo (Not required, but highly requested)
  • Please only sign up if you are confident that you can produce a full team for the whole tournament.

Tournament Set-Up:

Rules: (For a full list of the Rules and other tournament details: Full Rules)
  • First Match Starts at 7:00pm UTC Saturdays, all following matches do not start at a set time, so it is best to be in game and ready to go for the entire duration of the event.
  • Matches have a 20 min time limit.
  • Players can only play for one team for the entire event.
  • 1 Pause allowed per team per match. This pause is at maximum 2 minutes long.
  • Lobbies are always hosted in America, unless both teams agree they wish to play on Europe. (other servers are not acceptable because: referees and casters).
  • Referees are responsible for contacting each team’s contact and giving them the lobby password.
  • Participants are asked not to use in game chat in anyway, except for matters involving the referee (i.e. Pauses, substitutions).
  • It is the responsibility of every team to read the full rule set before signing up.

Maps:

Map Pool:
  • Battle on the Dunes
  • Canyon Ambush
  • Clash Over Blackcliff
  • Fight Over Firnfield
  • Northern Fjords
  • Paritan Rumble
  • Water Hazard
  • Duel At Dawn

Awards:
  • First place team will receive: $200 total for the team (to be split by team leader's discretion,) title: Biggest Brass Bruiser, badge, and name an in-game AI.
  • Second place team will receive:  $100 total for the team (to be split by team leader's discretion,) title: Bigger Brass Bruiser, and a badge
  • Third place team will receive: $50 total for the team (to be split by team leader's discretion,) title: Big Brass Bruiser, and a badge
  • All participants will earn the title Big Brass Contender.

Remember: this thread will be further updated as things change. Please keep in mind all information is subject to change up until the release of sign-ups for the event.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 07:43:19 am by Jub Jub »

Offline Nietzsche's Mustache

• Salutes: 27
    • [IISC]
    • View Profile
I saw this thread and thought it was an ad for a big band jazz concert. I was sorely disappointed.

Offline Urz

• Salutes: 75
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
EDIT: Since Admiral Obvious decided to stealth-edit my post, changing the content of one section without publicly saying anything, I have removed the full post. —Urz
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 01:15:43 am by Urz »

Offline Atruejedi

• Salutes: 64
    • [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
  • First place team will receive: $200 total for the team (to be split by team leader's discretion,) title: Biggest Brass Bruiser, badge, and name an in-game AI.

Oh my god, I'm tempted. That's awesome.

This sounds great. I hope many teams sign up and I look forward to hearing more details. Better advertise the shit out of this, Muse!

Offline Inkjet

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 15
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
If you're going to stream at 2000kbps+ please be partnered, as some people have lame internet and have difficulty watching high-bitrate streams.

Offline Admiral Obvious

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 8
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile

Don't half-ass the stream production. Just compare the quality of my stream to the quality of the other streams from last year's tournament. I'm an amateur like everyone else—if I can do it, you can do it.

Common quality mistakes:

Low bitrate (bitrate should be between 1800-3000)
Low resolution (720p minimum)
Wrong aspect ratio (aspect ratio should be 16:9 as to not cause black bars)
Poor audio balancing (one caster louder than other, game sound too loud/quiet)
Casters with bad microphones
Not showing team names in-game
Using the included "cinematic filters" (they look like garbage in compressed video)

You should also spend some time making decent looking graphics, and not just paste the game capture over a background. This includes:

A lobby scene that shows the players as they join, team logos, caster names, and for extra points—the game count and upcoming map
A scene with the current bracket
Break scene if you don't want to fill time in-between sets
Pre-tournament scene with countdown timer

SO to quell the reports coming in, and to come back out of the shadows myself, the video Urz is calling out is mine. That was TheObviousShow its well... infant stages lets say. I had been asked maybe 1 hours before the event to stream, had serious connection issues, and was very new to  OBS. He makes very good points as to where my stream saw MAJOR quality flaws. While it might not seem like the nicest thing to do, I personally do not care that he has pointed it out and am glad he is. It was reviewing my own work that lead me to improve my channels casting quality and become one of GOIOs more prominent streamers for a time.

For those who are familiar with my casting, I believe you can see that my own channel improved from its humble beginnings and I learned a lot along the way. I am also happy to say I am coming out of retirement (if I can call it that) to cast this event! I bring to the table new skills in video editing, recording, and video quality as well as hardware upgrades to best improve overall quality.

TO ADDRESS ALL THE REPORTS: Stop reporting the post. I don't care he called out my channel, yea asking first before shamming the video with my logo in it would have been nice, but he makes a point to increase quality for an event like this. Not the nicest way to say it, but I don't care so stop worrying+reporting about it. In the future, try not to call out other channels. There is a great need for streamers and people have to start somewhere. Offer help, not public shame
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 07:29:17 pm by Admiral Obvious »

Offline Urz

• Salutes: 75
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
I feel that my post was pretty even-handed, and full of thorough and useful advice. The videos links were included only to illustrate my points on stream quality, and I only chose Admiral Obvious's video because we both streamed that event, and it was the previous event by these organizers. My intention was not to shame him specifically, but to speak on the overall landscape of stream quality in competitive Guns of Icarus (which is poor). I included the link to Lysanya's stream because it was the most recent and obvious example of bad audio balance. This was followed by a list of easily implemented improvements.

Anyone who interprets my post as an "attack" should quite frankly go grow some thicker skin.

Offline Jub Jub

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 29
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
Original Post has been edited to include the Big Brass Revival's new trailer, courtesy of Admiral Obvious.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 12:07:53 pm by Jub Jub »

Offline HelFyre

• Salutes: 7
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile

Friday November 30th.

You mean Wednesday, right?

Offline Jub Jub

• CA Mod
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile

Friday November 30th.

You mean Wednesday, right?

*sigh* Yup. And as such has been corrected, thank you for pointing this point.

Offline CogHead

• Salutes: 3
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
Schedule:
Matches will begin promptly at 7:00pm UTC/2:00pm EST.
Rules:
First Match Starts at 6:00pm UTC Saturdays, all following matches do not start at a set time, so it is best to be in game and ready to go for the entire duration of the event.

Just nitpicking here, but when does it start?

Offline Jub Jub

• CA Mod
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
Schedule:
Matches will begin promptly at 7:00pm UTC/2:00pm EST.
Rules:
First Match Starts at 6:00pm UTC Saturdays, all following matches do not start at a set time, so it is best to be in game and ready to go for the entire duration of the event.

Just nitpicking here, but when does it start?

Event starts at 2:00 pm EST/7:00 pm UTC. The accompanying error has been fixed.

Offline Jub Jub

• CA Mod
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
Original Post has been edited to include Brackets, Match-Sets & Maps, and Streaming information.

Also note: the Finals for Big Brass Revival will be a Bo5 match-set by popular demand.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 07:25:20 pm by Jub Jub »

Offline Jub Jub

• CA Mod
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
Is it an error that Lysanya is co-casting and his own streamer?

No. It is not an error. Admiral Obvious and Lysanya are casting on different days, and as such I've listed both as a master list.