Author Topic: Mobula & Squid Build  (Read 16714 times)

Offline Towerofheaven

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Mobula & Squid Build
« on: October 09, 2016, 09:48:09 am »
Hello,

Can someone give me some top tier Mobula & Squid builds.
Just need to know what weapon setups are normally run.
And what you wanna take for equipement on pilot & gunner.
I will figure the rest out myself ^-^

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Re: Mobula & Squid Build
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 10:04:19 am »
before you read what's below

First, learn the basic mechanics and behaviours around ships. And if you really MUST play as a pilot, even though everyone with their head on it's place WILL be grumpy at you, pick up easier ships than mob or squid: agile goldfish (just dont put heavy flak in front), aggresive pyramidion or awkward battle station that is junker.

And no, galleon is FAR from being any easy.

For the mobula:

- Middle gun: Mercury for low level buff engineer (wrench + buff + ext + charged rounds) who stays there all the time. VERY poor arcs, aim with the balcony on front of the helm in a first person view. If the middle top of it is on the target - artemises and merc has arcs to shoot.

- top deck: 2x artemis for long-medium range and gun disables; poor upward arcs.

- bottom deck: 2x banshee for medium-short range for spamming enemy ship with fire and kill potential.

Generally you wanna 2 engineers with standard (spanner + mallet + firetool), EXACTLY one on each side of the ship. This build is a sniper platform, squids and goldfishes might be a pain in the ass when too close because your main gun being mercury (to strip down armor and destroy engines/guns). If you EVER see two engineers on the same side, feel free to bash them around. If you stick to this rule, you are gonna have mostly at least one side of the ship shooting at the enemy, and you will be possible to hurt the enemy even under moderate fire.

Pilot tools are discussional.

Squid:

The only build I've flown with squid is: gatling guns in front and back, banshee on the side. Gatlings to break down armors, banshee for kill potential.

Don't EVER ram with your hull, use your balloon if you really must.

For pilot tools: kerosene (moonshine is an overkill, kills engines too fast and you ARE gonna need them to survive with such miniscule armor), hydrogen (quickly tapped to evade enemy projectiles, for example hwacha bursts), tar barrel (works like manually - with LMB press - put dust clouds on Duuuuhns; only much more deadly, so don't get caught).

Edit: What the  are you doing on the pilot helm without getting any serious experience in being both engineer or gunner? (levels 1 and 1 in both classes) How the    do you want to understand what to do and the limitations of your crew, which may save you from making lovely decisions?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 08:43:27 am by The Mann »

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 08:38:53 am »

Offline Towerofheaven

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 10:32:31 am »
Ty for the response.
I am a decent pilot and I will learn new things every so often in games.
My friend is a gunner so i know something about that.
The engineer just runs around with a hammer smacking things.
The gungineer does the inbetween work.
So far I've seen maybe 4 pilots who I thought could fly impressive.
I tend to be quite good at the games i play and i love flying so i fly :)
But i appriciate the feedback ^_^
Everyone plays the game the way they like after all :)

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 11:06:27 am »
Being an engineer is much, much more than what you described. Being an engineer is about adaption, careful planning and prioritization.

That MAY be the case, just be aware of that the most of more experienced players will run from you if they see that you have no clue about the other roles aboard. I've seen plioting only players before, and they were bad at assesing certain risks in situations.

Wish you luck, just... don't meet Squirrels as your enemies.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 11:10:41 am by Schwalbe »

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 11:10:24 am »
Want my advice, use the ship builds that schwable has suggested. They are simple and very effectice - trusted builds used by all pilots of any level.

I also agree that you should try the other roles when you feel like taking a little break. You will gain a much better understanding of the ships you are on. Some pilots may even give you tips on your piloting if you ask nicely and keep them happy :)

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 11:27:12 am »
Mobula isn't that simple due to the strict divide of areas between players, which absolutely must be kept, and there are people who don't get it/don't give a shit. Also it's a ship that requires different mindset, and fairly competent ally.

Oh, and one thing. Mobula is has very nice vertical boost, so with stamina alone you should be able to dodge lumberjack/heavy flak/most of the hwacha rockets with some good practice distance and stamina alone.

Squid needs some getting used to, and used properly can be fun.
For you that is, because it's a fucking nightmare for the rest of the crew.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 11:29:39 am by Schwalbe »

Offline Huskarr

• Salutes: 29
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 01:53:39 pm »
and I'm just sitting here like: Squid is the funnest ship to main.

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 02:02:13 pm »
I hate being a crew on squid, and most squirrels despise it too. That's why I can't make that fucking squid CP achievement :(

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2016, 02:57:58 pm »
and I'm just sitting here like: Squid is the funnest ship to main.

^