Author Topic: Ludum Dare 26  (Read 5515 times)

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
Ludum Dare 26
« on: April 30, 2013, 03:52:01 pm »
Since this post has nothing to do with Guns of Icarus aside from why I haven't been playing recently, I am putting it in the pit.

Last weekend in the mysterious depths of the internet a programming challenge called "Ludum Dare" was run. Game developers and want to be game developers from around the world were tasked with making a game in 48 hours. The theme for this Ludum Dare was "minamilism" and Ludum Dare community responded with 2347 games. The link to these games is here:
http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-26/?action=preview

Mine own entry "Hero's Journey" was among them:
http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-26/?action=preview&uid=4265

It is a side scrolling beat-em-up made in unity3d using sprites made from photos of my self and some friends. The idea was to steps in Joseph Campbell's "Hero with 1000 faces" into a silly little video game you could complete in 5 minutes or so. I am not trying to solicit votes from the lovely people on the GOI forums, since only people who submitted a game an vote. I do encourage you to play my game and the other Ludum Dare entries (when you are not playing GOI of course).

Screen shot:

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
Re: Ludum Dare 26
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 05:12:42 pm »
Man that dual wield after the potato god was soo funny

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 05:33:39 pm »
Hamster, I fear your idolization of the potatoes is un-healthy... I recommend a heavy dose of Bacon :P... In addition, pretty fun game :)

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 06:01:47 pm »
Fear not I will always side with bacon. However the joke theme for this Ludum dare was Potato. Perhaps next time the joke theme will be bacon, perhaps next time the real theme will be bacon. Last time the joke theme was was goats, and the time before that it was 1000 kittens.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 06:03:57 pm »
He's clearly lying. Just look at how he uses lowercase Bs on Bacon... Heretic..

Anyways, I've heard about this before and it sounds amazing. I should really try out some of the games.