Author Topic: A fond farewell.  (Read 21017 times)

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
A fond farewell.
« on: May 19, 2016, 02:36:33 am »
Hey all,

As some of you may or may not have noticed (or cared, who cares.) It's been a while since I logged in, hell even when I did log in it was briefly for shorter periods of time than normal, and today I finally quit.

Yup, quit, I've emailed Muse stepping down as a teacher/CA entirely, given them my reasoning why. I've explained to my good friends in the dev team why I've uninstalled too, and now I come here to say farewell to the community.

Farewell.

If you wanted to keep in touch feel free to add me on steam (My name: [♫] Kamoba )

May you all have fair winds and clear skies.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Re: A fond farewell.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 03:43:05 am »

Couldn't decide on the most appropriate one. Ah well, take your pick :D

Offline ZnC

• Salutes: 40
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 03:49:11 am »
There goes the only person I still fly with. One of the (very) few pilots willing to try my ideas and develop non-standard builds. Will always be proud of the side-Gunner Blendersquid and mastering Main Engi on it. :x

I'm not involved with community stuff much, but I believe Kamoba has contributed a ton when it comes to being a CA. He taught me how to play on the Metamidion when I just started. Back then, it truly felt like the golden age of GOI.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 04:13:27 am »
And thus!
The bard departs.
Onwards!
To the clouded realm.
Towards the holy tune.
The sacred plains of the troubadour.
Thou shalt be missed. 

Until we meet again.

Farewell friend.

Also Zanc, let us discuss these unusual builds you speak of some time.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 04:15:12 am by The Mann »

Offline TimTim LaBaguette

• Salutes: 8
    • [LBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 04:17:49 am »
o7

Offline Atruejedi

• Salutes: 64
    • [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 05:59:45 am »
Dislike. Your name is fabled. I'd be curious to hear your reasons for departing, even privately, but moreso publicly to see if others are feeling the same way. Change only comes with noise.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 06:36:43 am »
Thanks all, Jedi, I PMed you, will keep my reasons silent because I have made the Devs aware of why I'm leaving and it's less about things they can assist with.

Do not fear though comrades, I'll still be surfing the grid and kicking arse here and there. :)

Offline Lieutenant Noir

• Salutes: 17
    • [❤™]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 11:37:01 am »
I’m not going to sugar coat it
It sucks that you’re leaving

What’s sucks even more was that I didn’t get to play with you one more time after my hiatus.
I always thought it was a little odd that you weren’t online as often as you used to be.
I will be honest the most horrible thing I will admit to is that I only seriously paid attention to it now.
Now I feel a little horrible inside.

I know Vanlander or Oklusion don’t play anymore but I know that if they still did, they would be sad to see you leave as well.

I’m sure you have your reasons for keeping to yourself. We’ll respect them.
You have definitely left your mark here.
You’ve taught Noobs to become Vets, and most importantly, we don’t forget horrible jokes that easily.
You better damn well make sure you’re still continuing to kick "arse".

We know you’ll still be around. In this game and community though, we’ll keep you in our memories like scars on the heart, remembering the fondness those who we’ve lost over the years.

See you Sky Slicer ...

Offline Lueosi

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: A fond farewell. - Ein Dankeschön
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 01:13:26 pm »
Kamoba,

meistens wenn feste Stützen in der Gemeinschaft wegfallen, dann tun sie das nicht plötzlich, sondern nach und nach. Nicht mehr wahrgenommen von neueren Mitgliedern, nur noch erinnert von Veteranen.

Deine Zeit in GoIO habe ich von den Anfängen an mitverfolgt, damals als stolzer Kapitän des Sky Slicers mit deiner Stammmannschaft. In unseren legendären Spielen auf Fjords, wo du alleine gegen zwei durchgehalten hast, dann auf Firnfeld, wo du meinen Squid abgezogen hast. Dann deine glorreiche Zeit mit den Trading Troops, mit dem epischen Spiel und knappsten, aufregendsten und spannendsten Finale bis dato. Anschließend folgte deine erfolgreiche Zeit als Ryder, zusammen mit Fynx. Darauf hast du es wohlverdient etwas ruhiger angehen lassen.

Ich schätze dich sehr als umsichtigen, freundlichen und geduldigen Menschen, insbesondere deine zwischenmenschlichen Fähigkeiten bewundere ich. Du hast meinen höchsten Respekt dafür, dass du auf der anderen Seite auch deine Meinung klarmachen kannst und nicht einknickst. Du bist einer der wenigen CAs, die genau diesen Begriff verkörpern - verbunden mit der Gemeinschaft, Vorbild und Botschafter von GoIO. Du zeigst Toleranz, Kompetenz, aber auch Konsequenz.

Als jemand, der das Spiel liebt, danke ich dir sehr für deinen positiven Einfluss auf die Gemeinschaft. Als dein Freund danke ich dir für die gemeinsame Zeit. Ich würde dich gerne mal in persona kennenlernen. Viel Glück dir und deiner Familie.

Danke!

Thank you! I hope you appreciate my laudation in my native language where I don't stumble over words and grammar. You don't deserve less.
Safe skies

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 02:12:50 pm »
@Noir: Sorry if it seems sudden, a lot happened during your time away, in the community and life, it happens, I still have fond memories of learning with you Ok and Van on Vans squid, my earliest days, failing terribly but recognizing the patience you guys showed, was great fun!

@Lueosi:
Google translate did your speech little justice after I asked my brother in-law to translate, you're bringing a tear to my eye man..
I remember the fabled fights you spoke of! They're two of my fondest memories from the game!
I also want to take this opportunity to personally thank you, I know I mentioned it once or twice in the Ryder forums briefly but I want to expand on it..
In my earlier days, pre-lvl 45 you were the first person to suggest I consider going into competitive, and you gave me a lot of support, offering skrims and practices (even if the team I had often declined for fear of being a "Ryder punch bag" lol) and it was your encouragement that led me to fly alongside Ightrill in my first competitive event and then later to build my first team Trading Troops team with Mean Machine, your inspiration, your encouragement, which led me to Fynx, a great pilot, a great tactical mind and another good friend. You've been one of my close friends Lue, and I hope to keep it that way, even if I won't be piloting anymore, fingers crossed we will get the chance to meet and have a drink! :)

Offline Fynx

• Salutes: 30
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 02:46:04 pm »
Goodbye.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 02:58:06 pm »
Goodbye.

:)
You never were a man of many words, but it was a pleasure to be your wing man in Catskyders, we kicked some butt in our time. :)

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 04:26:52 pm »
I'll give a Hades Doubleplus Funhouse greased salute.

Offline HelFyre

• Salutes: 7
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2016, 06:48:37 pm »
Bye-bye, keep in touch (with someone, not necessarily me).  ;)

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2016, 08:26:48 pm »
Clear Skies Kamoba!