Author Topic: Youtubers bootcamp?  (Read 19163 times)

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Youtubers bootcamp?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2016, 05:52:51 pm »
Extra giggles.

Most new players are nice albeit sometimes have difficulty understanding.

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2016, 01:26:40 am »
I thought jontron's video was hilarious. He even won the match.

He actually says he thinks the teamwork is cool.

yall are haters.

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2016, 05:21:32 am »

yall are haters.

I just found the behavior in his video a bit annoying. First move as engie? Hop on the big gun. Shield is down? Ignore it, and say that you know it's your fault. I understand he did it as a joke, but I didn't find that joke very funny.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2016, 06:17:06 am »
Either way, all the videos have been published and the promotions are done.

The way I see it. Regardless of the communities interest in competitive, these players all had fun and worked together. The video with Jontron was not actually part of the actual promotion. That was involving a competition with other youtubers which I assisted in. An example of this would be Team Four Star. Their behaviour can be a little interesting to say the least but they worked together and they had fun in the process.

Sure,  there are complaints about their gameplay but they showcased how fun the game can be with friends.

Alot of the community play more with friends than in competitive teams which are mainly clan based.

The Iron Fork is a popular example of a semi-competitive scene where everyone can join in.
Even the spread your wings events are going well without dedicated teams.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 06:19:30 am by The Mann »

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2016, 09:33:07 am »

yall are haters.

As a person who actually played with him. No. No victory was ever because of him. He is AWFUL.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2016, 06:28:15 pm »

yall are haters.

I just found the behavior in his video a bit annoying. First move as engie? Hop on the big gun. Shield is down? Ignore it, and say that you know it's your fault. I understand he did it as a joke, but I didn't find that joke very funny.

What Lanliss said. This is not okay. This is far from okay.
JonTron behaved in a way no sane vet would want a crewmember to behave. The jumping on 'teh bugh guuhn" is a great example. This is a player that would ruin my game, I would block and report him.
Do you want vets to be assholes Muse? Because that's how you make vets be assholes.
Youtubers are idiots, I get this, but I have problem with Muse showing up this video on their page. This kind of behaviour should not be tolerated and surely it should not be displayed on official media. This thing is a spit into every vet's face.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2016, 05:36:11 am »
Ya'll fuckers reminded me of CancerTron's video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rdAZ7oATfc

Offline Allons-GER

• Salutes: 4
    • [HRE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profil
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2016, 08:56:01 am »
AFAIK the question was not wich YT´er is worst but to attract good ones ? Who knows some that do a favour to the game ? Best, Allons!

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2016, 09:42:17 am »
If I was to attract a player, it would be TearOfGrace, though I'm almost sure he would bash GOIO from every single point. Yet I know that he might actually try learning something if approached from appropriate angle.

Others would be TomatoGaming and Sugawolf.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2016, 11:06:31 am »
WarOwl would surely treat it seriously. Just look how serious he is. He's a good CS:GO player though and he coined saying "In CS:GO your character doesn't get better - YOU get better" so it's worth giving a shot.

Edit: he's very open with his viewers though so buying good reviews is a no-no, just sayan

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2016, 03:13:52 pm »
Main thing that's gonna turn most of these players off are the shit players you get with every pub.

You just can't avoid a lobby that has either a pilot that doesn't know what positioning is or a pilot that doesn't know what guns do yet still presume to think he knows wtf he's doing.

Hence why I proposed this thread, with the vet community exposure in mind. They get introduced to te vet community and get trained by te vet community and take on the tone of play of a vet.

Wherein being a freaking retard isn't a thing (it sadly is in this game, but it SHOULDN'T BE). You play, make mistakes, acknowledge those mistakes and make a sincere and active attempt to play BETTER.

As opposed to the common manchild bollocks of blame shifting and childish trolling instead of playing the damn game. Let's be frank here. Stacks exist because the stacked side actively tries to play. While the pleb side actively tries to be a failure.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 03:18:23 pm by Third Strike »

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2016, 04:03:04 pm »
Erm... yeah. I can't speak for the rest, but that's what I had in mind when proposing my types. Cause I know these guys have that "Gid gud" mindset.

Offline Lysanya

• Salutes: 18
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
    • Lysanya's Twitch Channel
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2016, 07:30:43 pm »
Hence why I proposed this thread, with the vet community exposure in mind. They get introduced to te vet community and get trained by te vet community and take on the tone of play of a vet.

Plans are actually being formed as of a couple of days ago to tackle this very problem.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2016, 07:41:26 pm »
In the perfect world I'd see a promotion material with some mid-high tier competetive match with 'every' player POV recorded previously, montaged together to show the most important actions and since it is a competetive match there would also be commentary (perhaps some additional adnotations on the screen to say what's really happening). But I realise this requires all people to be on board with it so they send their gameplays to Muse and then a lot of work.