Author Topic: Overwatch Tracer Pose Controversy  (Read 25632 times)

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 182
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Official Website!
Re: Overwatch Tracer Pose Controversy
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2016, 11:14:34 pm »
*slams fists on table*
MORE BUTTS

MORE UPSKIRTS

MORE UNREALISTIC CONTORTIONS!

-DISCLAIMER-
This post serves as a humorous counter to the arguement of desexualizing women who have no reason to be sexualized by providing the counterpoint of sexualizing men who have no reason to be sexualized in an attempt to show it's just as silly.

tl;dr everyone wants games that are super realistic, let's not stop at character models.

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2016, 02:13:57 am »
tl;dr everyone wants games that are super artistic, let's not stop at character models.

FTFY

Offline C r o w

• Salutes: 15
    • [Lock]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2016, 03:02:42 am »
Butts and tits are all fine, even over-the-top poses, scenes and outfits are fine.
Only as long as they are in line with the character, that should also be in an over the top situation.
Exempli Gratia: The anime Kill la Kill. There are asses and tits flashing everywhere., but it' sale in line with the characters and with the story, you even end up not caring about all this flashiness after a while.

Men, except SJWs, because SJWs, love butts and tits, but when they are put around just to be appealing to deluded men or hornyteens they are just annoyances.

You know Ivy from the Soul Calibur combat game? She is a milktank, extremely unpleasant to see, with an attitude that only a masochist could like. THAT is over the top in every way you try to look at her, she is just a show of boobs, nothing more, she doesn't have real BEAUTY.

If you want to make someone really appealing as a character, there must be balance, the must be REAL beauty, not big-boobs-big-ass beauty.

Beauty in balance and moderation. I'll still be appreciative of a good pair of tits and a well shaped ass, but don't give them the size of a fucking Galleon and make the uber-flashy.

This is about female characters.
About male characters, I think we need less of the young moron that thanks to fate and luck becomes a hero.
We need more manly characters, manly Clint Eastwood level-> Obviously McCree is one of my favourites in Overwatch.

I still personally think that the female model in GoiO is better looking than the male, as soon as I'll have a beard and moustache to cover that ugly face of his, I'll be happy.

Or even a bulky full body armour. I love full body armours.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 03:04:18 am by Crow of Cainhurst »

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2016, 11:28:17 am »
I heard a call for more butts

Offline nanoduckling

• Salutes: 116
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2016, 11:51:29 am »
Bottom line, if you put in fan service I'm going to like your product less because I don't like being patronized. The arguments given for removing that image in that post did not move me (if you are wondering why, they were vague and relied on social theories which are epistemically unsound), but I'm glad they replaced the pose because from what I've seen it was horribly out of place. It added nothing to the character.If I had to guess I would say it was done to satisfy 14 year old boys, not for artistic reasons. I don't think every female character has to be some bland, sexually disinterested carbon copy of every Mary Sue out there, but I'm also unimpressed when an opportunity to make a work better is sacrificed at the altar of the emotionally immature. Come to think of it, the last part of that sentence describes my feelings on both extremes of this discussion.

As far as the GoI devs caving in to social pressure, dunno. They are a company and the idiots on both sides of this debate are vocal, aggressive and kinda nuts. It might just be safer to cave to whoever is loudest so they can get back to game making were the issue to come up.

That said I think they do a pretty decent job providing folks with a wide variety of role play options for their characters without making a whole bunch of unfortunate implications. The top tier female engineers suit isn't two buttons and two pieces of string or other such bullcrap where level and amount of revealing dress is correlated. People are given choices without mechanics or lore or gameplay implying what those choices mean in stereotypical ways, at least as far as I can tell.

Of course I'm the last person whose opinions should be courted when it comes to the games customization options.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2016, 02:11:19 pm »
I just think this video is appropriate on this thread...
https://youtu.be/7WJJ7dGpsL4

Offline C r o w

• Salutes: 15
    • [Lock]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2016, 04:26:05 pm »
WE REQUIRE MOAR BIG EYED ANIME GIRLS

Offline PixelatedVolume

• Salutes: 2
    • [PIEπ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2016, 10:17:50 pm »
YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS!

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2016, 05:59:28 am »
WE REQUIRE MOAR BIG EYED ANIME GIRLS

And they must have cleavages that couldn't fit through Canyon Ambush!

Do what we say Muse, else we give you no money!!!

#WhenMusewentindy

Offline Alan Breck Stewart

• Salutes: 6
    • [LOKI]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2016, 09:14:24 am »
https://youtu.be/ZmLkVtqjf1A
more than just possible offensiveness going into Blizzard's decision to change Tracer's pose