Author Topic: Option to toggle auto vote rematch  (Read 13116 times)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
Option to toggle auto vote rematch
« on: March 27, 2016, 08:55:27 pm »
People who don't like the default rematch not being voted.

Click a box so they automatically pick rematch on every match end screen.

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
Re: Option to toggle auto vote rematch
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 09:12:44 pm »
I would probably use this setting.

Wouldn't mind an option for a favorite, auto vote for, map choice as well.

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 12:52:42 am »
Yes, I would use this.

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 04:26:27 am »
+1

Offline Fynx

• Salutes: 30
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 06:35:20 am »
Excellent idea.

Offline nanoduckling

• Salutes: 116
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 09:52:45 am »
I'd be happy to see this added.

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 03:27:00 pm »
I would like this. I go afk all the time and/or forget to vote.

Offline Jamini

• Salutes: 2
    • [NEV]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2016, 03:45:18 pm »
+1

Having rematch as the default option would be nice. If people have a bad match, they will leave or uncheck it anyway.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2016, 04:15:52 pm »
+1

Having rematch as the default option would be nice. If people have a bad match, they will leave or uncheck it anyway.

Muse can have their crappy default that no one wants to make use of the match maker no one wants to use.

So long as we have the option to set it to ignorable.

Offline Jamini

• [NEV]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2016, 04:41:50 pm »
Muse can have their crappy default that no one wants to make use of the match maker no one wants to use.

You know, it's really hard to agree with you even when I agree with you. I have no idea how you managed to make yourself that caustic of a person.

Anyway yes, you are right in this instance. Allowing people to pick to auto-rematch (or not) would be ideal. (With the default set to auto-rematch.)

Honestly I like the matchmaker. It's one of the better ones I've seen.

Offline Skymonger

• Salutes: 22
    • [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2016, 09:53:03 pm »
I could use this.

Offline Solidusbucket

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2016, 09:56:03 pm »

Honestly I like the matchmaker. It's one of the better ones I've seen.

lol, guess ill edit this photo then.

They were using Mercury on top gun, and two bottoms with flaks on top wings, btw.

Great MM system. Somehow I doubt they joined through custom game.

Offline Jamini

• [NEV]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2016, 01:04:41 pm »
Chances are they had won a few matches (which boosts your ships MM rank) and were queued together (which boosts your ship's MM rank). That ups your matchmaker weighting by a great deal. You didn't include the number of players online at the time in the pic, so it's hard to say how many games were probably running.

Either way, why does it matter? Losing a game as an underdog means nothing. Your streak and W/L ratio aren't impacted by underdog games, and you get progress towards a set of pretty nice rewards if you win them reliably.

I can say, from the middle of the pack, that I tend to get queued with either newbies or vet games depending on who I have running with me. (Random novice crews tend to get me into novice games, the 40-45 friends I have tend to get me into high-end games, and my friends tend to get crews that are average in the low-mid 20's, with occasional 30's).

We also would need to ask them if they joined through MM or by the custom game tab. Otherwise we have no info about it.

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2016, 03:10:59 pm »
Chances are they had won a few matches (which boosts your ships MM rank) and were queued together (which boosts your ship's MM rank). That ups your matchmaker weighting by a great deal. You didn't include the number of players online at the time in the pic, so it's hard to say how many games were probably running.

Either way, why does it matter? Losing a game as an underdog means nothing. Your streak and W/L ratio aren't impacted by underdog games, and you get progress towards a set of pretty nice rewards if you win them reliably.

I can say, from the middle of the pack, that I tend to get queued with either newbies or vet games depending on who I have running with me. (Random novice crews tend to get me into novice games, the 40-45 friends I have tend to get me into high-end games, and my friends tend to get crews that are average in the low-mid 20's, with occasional 30's).

We also would need to ask them if they joined through MM or by the custom game tab. Otherwise we have no info about it.

As one of the people present in the screenshot, I don't remember for sure how many people were online but 200 ish would be a good guess. It was a custom lobby made by me and the 4 people in that ship filled the last  crew and captain slots all at once, so they did use MM.

Anyway, I decided to take a build that I enjoy flying, rather than one that necessarily demolishes them, and in turn his fellow captains took ships with good synergy (All the ships displayed in that screenshot were the final ones going into the match), and the match turned out to be an almost but not quite close victory for us, something around 4-7 I think. It's troubling to think about because there is a chance that they'll go on thinking their build works better than we thought and I would like them to learn it doesn't as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 03:13:45 pm by MightyKeb »

Offline Solidusbucket

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2016, 07:40:58 pm »
oh yes, that was a very close match.

it was 6-7.

But, the entire time the lobby kept politely informing them that the build was un-viable and would have a tough time getting any two guns in arc.

that's beyond the point though. My point was MM is not that great compared to other games (granted with more players)