Author Topic: "When Ambush Comes to Shove" -Week 3 Possibly final testing?!  (Read 45648 times)

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
Re: "When Ambush Comes to Shove" -Week 3 Possibly final testing?!
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2016, 08:55:35 pm »
I thought of those as well, but discarded them due to wonder what drugs the ship designers would have to be on to end up with those designs.

True that

Offline Nietzsche's Mustache

• Salutes: 27
    • [IISC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2016, 12:08:41 am »
I thought of those as well, but discarded them due to wonder what drugs the ship designers would have to be on to end up with those designs.

Remember that  the mobula was built as a party barge for a princes. I'm pretty sure drugs were, indeed, aplenty.

Offline Letus

• Salutes: 34
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2016, 03:27:05 am »

Remember that  the mobula was built as a party barge for a princes. I'm pretty sure drugs were, indeed, aplenty.

They were hidden in the balloon...
that's how it got high.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2016, 07:19:12 pm »
Well, we have 12 people online... nobody from Muse... so...

Hi Jedi (and everyone)

I have to apologise for this one. I was asked to run the testing on Saturday because the usual team members were unavailable to take care of it. I wasn't drafted for the Sunday duty and I didn't check if I was still supposed to be supervising. As such, everyone thought that someone else was handling it and nobody from Muse showed. I ought to have checked, sorry about that.

That being said, we got some good feedback E-mails from both days, so thanks everyone for those!

I've been thinking about this whole thing, and it just doesn't sit right. It gives a bad taste in my mouth. It makes it seem like Muse isn't taking the testing very seriously. We aren't paid testers, we're doing this because we care for the game. It doesn't look good when we show up and no one from Muse does. I don't even think this has anything to do with Josie. She's an intern, why is Muse even delegating an important task of scheduled testing to an intern? I mean no offense to Josie, but when we're getting near the end of testing, I expect the actual developers intimately involved with the changes to be there, ie Eric and Howard. We need a head honcho there directing exactly how we should be testing, and looking for the exact feedback they need. If the time is inconvenient, reschedule or cancel it. Otherwise it looks like they don't care, or are just hosting the event to pander to us.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 02:54:27 pm by -Muse- Josie »

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2016, 04:43:22 pm »
The person making the changes should always be there for testing the changes.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2016, 02:35:41 am »
Squid changes...giggidy giggidy goooooo!!

Offline lanfear

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2016, 08:34:55 pm »
i'm getting warnings from the board software this thread if not this whole forum is dead. very well.

forced tutorial. very counterproductice useful for some but a massive turn off for others. i can figure out from gamplay and the keybinds menu what i need to do. i don't need an overbearing over long mandatory tutorial to get back into the game.

Offline Atruejedi

• Salutes: 64
    • [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2016, 06:29:31 pm »
forced tutorial. very counterproductice useful for some but a massive turn off for others. i can figure out from gamplay and the keybinds menu what i need to do. i don't need an overbearing over long mandatory tutorial to get back into the game.

It isn't about you. It's about the community as a whole. We're tired of players who are too big for their britches.

Consider tutorials akin to vaccinations. They aren't for you, they're for us.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2016, 02:28:30 am »
i'm getting warnings from the board software this thread if not this whole forum is dead. very well.

The amount of cancer we are encountering in-game dropped since it's introduction. A little.

The amount of cancer on forum however, as easily witnessed by both your attitude and lack of grammar check - did not. Which is unfortunate.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 02:35:29 am by Schwalbe »

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2016, 07:29:00 am »
You mean you have to learn the basics of the game before playing it?

Offline HelFyre

• Salutes: 7
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2016, 10:32:54 am »

And plenty of people can't. Suggest ways (with precision) to make this more fun for people who pick these things up easily, and teach more advanced concepts to people who can. Then you progress.