Author Topic: Player-suggested tips 2.0: Spreadsheet and Ships  (Read 11876 times)

Offline Kingsania

• Salutes: 2
    • [ALTO]
    • View Profile
Player-suggested tips 2.0: Spreadsheet and Ships
« on: March 10, 2016, 01:51:23 pm »
I created this second topic so you don't need to dig through the comments of the previous to find the fantastic spreadsheet that The Mann and Atruejedi worked hard on to get all your tips in and to make it easily readable. But wait, there's more!

I altered the spreadsheet so that people can only put their tips and rank them Pilot, Engineer, Gunner or All.

If you wish to discuss the tip, you can do so in the Discussions Spreadsheet which can be found at the bottom of the page.

Enjoy.

Meaning instead of typing in this forum your excellent tips, you can put them right in the spreadsheet so you know for certain it won't be missed.

All of these tips are extremely helpful but it doesn't cover a very important topic that new captains need to know. What each ship does, and when to use them. I'd like to request adding in a second page to that spreadsheet so we can cover the general positives and negatives of each ship, until then let's work on them here!

The Spire

With three light guns and a heavy gun facing forward, a well coordinated crew can put out a stream of concentrated fire at the enemy.

Because it is spread vertically instead of horizontally, the spire can turn quickly to face flanking enemies.

Its vertical frame makes it difficult for enemy ships to go over or underneath it, making the Spire a popular choice to use for ramming.

Being a huge ship with a modest armor and an exposed balloon, the spire is very vulnerable to long range weapons such as Mercury field gun and Lumberjack heavy mortar

Its frame makes it difficult for even veteran captains to maneuver in close spaces.

The exposed balloon and large frame allows anti-balloon guns such as the Hades Light Cannon, Dragon Light Flamethrower and Carronade (Heavy and Light) to easily keep the Spire grounded.

That's what I can think of for the Spire right now, hopefully you understand what I'm looking for when you're making your posts.

Offline PixelatedVolume

• [PIEπ]
    • View Profile
Re: Player-suggested tips 2.0: Spreadsheet and Ships
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 04:45:15 pm »
IIRC spire doesn't turn well #ThanksMuse

Offline Atruejedi

• Salutes: 64
    • [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 06:09:19 pm »
Before I do any editing...

I see that there are two pages, but I'm confused as to why. I know the second page is supposed to be for discussion, but as it stands now there are two pages of tips, and editing one tip would also require me to edit the OTHER tip on the OTHER page. What should I do? For now I'm just going to keep the edited tips I pasted in the other thread... and once I get some clarification, I will consider pasting them into the document, if that's what you guys want.

Offline Kingsania

• [ALTO]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 08:46:01 pm »
Earlier today I was working on the spreadsheet, moving things around so groupings sync up better, so I was going to copy over the discussion page so the tips are on the same rows. Add in yours to the first page and don't worry about the second. I'll be pasting afterwards.

The discussion page will work better when we're not adding in tips by the dozen.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 03:25:47 am »
I copied and replaced the cells on the discussion side to match the tips side.  :)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 03:29:02 am by The Mann »

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 06:42:15 am »
I let myself adding some tips, if you don't mind ^^

Unfortunatelly I don't have time to even skim through the tips you included, so if I repeat something - feel free to delete it.

Offline Atruejedi

• [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2016, 03:45:19 pm »
So should I now paste in my edited tips to replace the unedited ones on the first page of the document?

Offline Kingsania

• [ALTO]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2016, 08:37:21 pm »
Paste them at the bottom, I'll replace them.

Offline Atruejedi

• [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2016, 06:55:26 am »
Phew. Alright, Kingsania, I got bored and decided to do it myself (I'm obsessive like that...). I just went into the document's Discussion page and added all of my tweaked tips into the second column. If I didn't add anything, the tip was fine as-is. If I flagged it as red, the tip is redundant and shouldn't be included. If I flagged it as yellow, I personally don't like the tip for whatever reason. I added five new tips as well.

Offline Atruejedi

• [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2016, 10:04:08 am »
So, if these are ready to go (and in my opinion, they are!), let's submit them. I have nothing else to add and all the edits and proofreads are done. 8)

Give me the go-ahead and I'll compile the edits and submit them to Muse.

Offline HelFyre

• Salutes: 7
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2016, 11:31:02 am »
"You almost never need two fire tools."

This for example might be misunderstood, it should be clearer what is meant- one might presume it means two fire tools on a ship!
Also, heatsink is more the gunner's chemspray than fire extinguisher ^_^
The tip with regard to flares should probably emphasise the high number of fire stacks rather than fire damage.

There's probably more, but I can't read through them all atm 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 11:35:02 am by HelFyre »

Offline ZnC

• Salutes: 40
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2016, 11:35:46 am »
"You almost never need two firefighting tools."

There we go. :D

Offline Atruejedi

• [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2016, 06:34:15 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions and catches! I've changed these tips to:

Heatsink ammunition can serve as a gunner's fire extinguisher to combat flames, but works better as a gunner's chemical spray. Loading these rounds into your gun will prevent fire damage in the heat of battle. Engineers will thank you!

You almost never need to bring along two firefighting tools. Only a pyrophobe would bring the fire extinguisher, chemical spray, and heatsink ammunition!

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2016, 02:13:37 pm »
Only a pyrophobe would bring the fire extinguisher, chemical spray, and heatsink ammunition!

Or a Mann trying to prevent Fire Clan from spamming him with invites xD

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2016, 02:15:52 pm »
Only a pyrophobe would bring the fire extinguisher, chemical spray, and heatsink ammunition!

Or a Mann trying to prevent Fire Clan from spamming him with invites xD

Lol, I remember that night.