Author Topic: Some strange spyglass suggestions  (Read 3683 times)

Offline Richard P

• Salutes: 3
    • [PLRS]
    • View Profile
    • Fleet of Sodom blog
Some strange spyglass suggestions
« on: April 25, 2013, 04:15:39 pm »
Good day, gentlemen.

I have some ideas about spyglass, they are not critical, but some my friends agreed, they might be useful.
Nowadays one can hardly see any difference between two ships of the same class during the battle (guns may help in recognizing, but they are small and often do not differ). One can even mistake red and blue ship, if he don't see any banners.
The next problem is about spotting. Sometimes you can see a ship in a cloud, but cannot spot. Sometimes (I think, it's a bug) something like this takes place outside of any clouds, and one can waste a lot of time clicking without any result.

I think, I have an idea, how to solve this small problems (of course if you consider them as problems worth solving). A floating window with ship's name (and team), appearing only if a ship can be spotted (or is friendly) may be very helpful in this situation. Maybe this window also can contain some additional information (like hull health of a target, weapon, captain's rank, lol) for friendly ships (or for any ships), but it is not necessary. Of course it is not very realistic, but I think some more HUD elements won't hurt.

Thanks for reading (if you read) and sorry for my english (if it was too hard to read).

Offline Linen

• Salutes: 17
    • View Profile
Re: Some strange spyglass suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 06:16:30 pm »
The ships are a challenge to tell apart intentionally. And honestly, you get used to it. Not to say you still won't shoot your ally from time to time.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
Re: Some strange spyglass suggestions
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 01:37:36 am »
I can see the need for clarity on when the spy glass would be usefull.  Yet I also see it as a time management vs luck. 
It's nice to be able to get that target lock when you need it, but it really adds to the game experience when a team is coordinating their efforts against an enemy they cannot clearly see.  Adding a visual que that a target can be locked might detract from that kind of interaction that I greatly enjoy.

Still a good point, it would be interesting to see how that would change my play experience.