Author Topic: Intensity system for alliance  (Read 3710 times)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
Intensity system for alliance
« on: January 22, 2016, 12:30:55 am »
So been playing Kid Icarus: uprising.

And from what I've heard from many vets is that alliance mode is ridiculously easy, like 1 "vet" team (i.e a team that can point the ship in the right direction and use a common sense build).

So here's a way Sakurai invented to let players choose their own level of challenge in a much better way than the standard 3 difficulties of the retro era.

By having a player set a difficulty from a score of 2 by default, but the player can lower it to 0.0 to 9.0. Where the player must pay proportionate to the increase away from 2.0.

So this means enemies dmg increases (or decrease) and enemy hp increases accordingly.

But the rewards for it are also proportionate (or do it via muse's way by giving achievements-Sakurai did that but also gives actual rewards for doing it).

for balancing of course it doesn't have to be exactly like 2.0 default. It could be 4.5 or 3.0 as the "normal" mode. Just depends how near impossible it is at the higher lvls. But the proportionate increase doesn't neccesarily have to be 1-1 proportionate.

like 9.0 doesn't have to mean twice as much dmg and hp as 4.5.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 12:34:48 am by Maximillian Jazzhand »

Offline Helios.

• Salutes: 14
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
Re: Intensity system for alliance
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 02:16:42 am »
im intrigued.

i think that slightly better than just doubling the stats of the enemy ships, doubling the NUMBER of ships might be better. the way the ship damage and health are calibrated for the weapons would be all messed up. if you are sitting there and the ship can just absorb clip after clip of gatling and never having a hull break, the guy on the mortar is sitting there bored. while the engineer has no reasonable chance to keep their armor and parts repaired.

the way forward in my view would be to make more enemy ships spawn. firstly because in all fairness a good pilot can dance around a enemy ship for ever if there only one of them, no matter how powerful. increasing the number fo ships means that the pilot must be aware of more things. the engineer as well has to be on his A-game because more ships are shooting at them, so more dancing from part to part, which is more fun than camping the hull... also i think the feeling of facing a huge armada with just your little ships and kicking their butts would be better than grinding down a couple ships that are the same boring few ships from before but taking twice as long to kill. also i think there the ability to destroy the armada ship by ship will be more interesting and emotionally rewarding ebb and flow to the battle

Offline FranckM

• Salutes: 2
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
Re: Intensity system for alliance
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 01:52:13 pm »
The fps are bad enough, we don't need more ships. Maybe make the AI focus the same ship when at higher difficulty.