Author Topic: Cronus League Signups!  (Read 66226 times)

Offline Nat Nyls

• Salutes: 4
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
Re: Cronus League Signups!
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2016, 12:19:17 am »
20 mins is not long enough. #annoyed-af I want to actually be able to take my time to win not be forced by some timer. so stupid
Have you ever done competitive until now? Cause 20 minutes keeps things interesting. Sitting around hiding for 10 minutes is not entertaining in the slightest.

This is a reminder as to why timers that short are in place. ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJWHvEBpqug

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2016, 02:51:23 am »
Team pairs are currently up, so you can start talking with your ally tam immediately. Matches/maps and such will be up on Wednesday. I want to give teams the opportunity to bring up complaints, notify us of breaks or forfeits, point out incorrect scores, etc. This way I don't have to change the matches repeatedly and confuse everyone more.

Lobby timer will almost definitely be increased to 5 minutes. Match length is very unlikely to change.

And additional streamer would be nice, and we'll see what we can do about it. We were lucky enough to get two streamers and 2 refs for today.

Offline ZnC

• Salutes: 40
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2016, 11:52:48 am »
What I really liked about the random pairings this week is that there isn't much planning. Teams mostly bring ships they play well on and improvise with their ally. The messy, fast paced, and brawl-ly games it brings are fun and interesting - I enjoyed the games. It really contrasts with the seriousness of SCS.

Though, I could never wrap my head around the need to stream every single match. The games went from from 3AM to 5.15AM for me, which is good because SCS usually ends at 6-7AM (unless I get wreck'd). It probably would have lasted much longer on a single stream, so thank you Dementio and Urz. Also really appreciate Thomas, refs, and everyone involved for hosting a 4-player tournament I've wanted to see for a long time.

Offline IronicIntent

• Salutes: 0
    • [Lock]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2016, 12:42:40 pm »
Questionable Ethics, hopefully still able to sign up !

Offline Lu Lu

• Salutes: 12
    • [zl0t]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2016, 12:37:57 pm »
Me being the clueless player i am, completely missed out on the signups.  :(
Is there any way to still get in on this, or are my dreams forever crushed?

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2016, 09:18:21 pm »
Of course you can join in!

Late joining is still available this week. It will likely close out on Wednesday so we can release the matches for this upcoming Saturday. Just make sure you have a team of 4 players. When you're ready to sign up, post your team name and let us know that you're signing up.

Offline Mirwen

• Salutes: 3
    • [Moth]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2016, 06:39:04 am »
Hopefully it isn't too late, I would like to signup for my team

team : LMB (les moutons braisés)
Point of contact : Mirwen (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055095678/)

If you can't reach me contact Aoeris (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197995192421) or Adramm (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198017818983)

Offline Sliced And Diced

• Salutes: 13
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2016, 03:44:09 pm »
one more and will we have 24 teams

Offline ZnC

• Salutes: 40
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2016, 02:24:41 pm »
This should be pinned for those who're interested in signing up.

I've been thinking about what happens when a team just disappears from the league. It is in good faith for organizers to trust participants for their attendance. But as Thomas has said, it can happen. If a team no-shows and is not contactable, would they be disqualified for the next week and replaced? Doesn't make sense to keep including a team that's MIA.

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2016, 02:51:54 pm »
Right now we have it set up that teams can miss a weekend, but if they miss another weekend, they'll be removed. We will attempt to put in a new team to round out the numbers, but it does make the entire League difficult. If teams cannot show up for a week, please let me know ahead of time, as soon as possible. If there are teams interested in participating, even if the chance is slim for getting in, do not hesitate to let me know and stay in contact. If something opens up, it'll be open to whoever is available first.