Author Topic: Cronus League Signups!  (Read 66250 times)

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
Re: Cronus League Signups!
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2016, 10:51:31 am »
It was listed in the rules to limit players from each clan. This is to promote diversity in the teams as well as reduce the chances of 'foul play'. It was worded with regards to players, but when creating the sign up it slipped my mind. I generally dislike having players feel the need to list out their entire team, and when I realized my mistake it was too late to fix it, teams were already signing up. This required me to assume that each ship is 100% from the clan signing up (as most are) unless stated otherwise in the sign up.

If a 20th team signs up in the next couple hours, we'll do our best to adjust the schedule last minute and fit everyone in regardless.

Offline Ayetach

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2016, 11:24:02 am »
Thank you Thomas for the clarification.

Offline HelFyre

• Salutes: 7
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2016, 11:30:43 am »
This required me to assume that each ship is 100% from the clan signing up (as most are) unless stated otherwise in the sign up.

Really? You could have made a post stating this before.
Well, I'd rather forfeit our team's spot than have Ayetach's out, if it comes to it.

Also, adding Gene sis to our contacts.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 11:32:26 am by HelFyre »

Offline SteamBrains

• Salutes: 6
    • [ALTO]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2016, 11:57:51 am »
ALTO's Bustin in on ya!! were singing up, contact SteamBrains, Montesooir, or MythicalDonuts

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2016, 12:01:49 pm »
ALTO's Bustin in on ya!! were singing up, contact SteamBrains, Montesooir, or MythicalDonuts

Team Name?

Offline AlphaRastor

• Salutes: 0
    • [SKIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2016, 12:13:37 pm »
[SKIC] Unglorious Rastorz

signing up ! we were told you needed a crew so i mustered one as fast as i could !
can i get confirm ?

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2016, 12:34:07 pm »
I didn't realize TUNA was a Ryder ship, didn't recognize HelFyre. Although that makes things easier. TUNA will be removed, Team Bumble will be re-instated. We'll see if any of the late join teams can substitute for A Fine Nights Curse.

Team Bumble was going to sub for A Fine Nights Curse originally, but now that they can play on their own and we have extra teams it shouldn't be a problem.

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2016, 01:23:49 pm »
I apologize for the confusion and delays. We had to substitute for a ref and both streamers. Luckily we have Urz and Dementio streaming!

www.twitch.tv/urzy

www.twitch.tv/d_dementio/

Matches can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wbh1ATjh3L_ddCPECpgHHoajWfmxjHj3JDoPiMSUXnU/edit#gid=1774639831

in the 'week 1' tab

Offline SteamBrains

• [ALTO]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2016, 01:36:03 pm »
Sorry for cutting it short, SteamBrains again with our team name, Altruistic Rhapsody (the followers of Grentism)

Offline SteamBrains

• [ALTO]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2016, 01:42:13 pm »
IGNORE THE ALTRUISTIC RHAPSODY
 ONE (team name is Saltro)

Offline -Genesis

• CA Mod
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2016, 01:53:16 pm »
I didn't realize TUNA was a Ryder ship, didn't recognize HelFyre. Although that makes things easier. TUNA will be removed, Team Bumble will be re-instated. We'll see if any of the late join teams can substitute for A Fine Nights Curse.

Team Bumble was going to sub for A Fine Nights Curse originally, but now that they can play on their own and we have extra teams it shouldn't be a problem.

It was not a ship of Rydrs even if it has a Ryder tag, it had Helfyre (Rydr), myself (Clan Clan), Herze, (Bard) and we still would have had room for one more Rydr since there's only one Rydr on Ayetach's ship. This isn't breaking the rules in any way? It's too late to fix it now I guess but can this be reviewed closely?

I'm lucky I was linked to this. We weren't even contacted and have been trying to figure out how to respond since I'm confused by the uncertainty and interpretation of the rules.

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2016, 03:31:10 pm »
HelFyre was the contact and said that he would rather his team forfeit than Team Bumble. Team Bumble let us know there was only 2 Ryders, TUNA was still believed to be a full Ryder ship and made no comment otherwise. We will be enforcing the clan limit strongly. Attempts to circumvent this will not be tolerated. (Changing clan tags, dropping from a clan temporarily, etc.)

We will try our best to make sure matches are fair and unbiased. This is why we have the clan limit rule in play. We will be as flexible as we can without voiding this rule. We will be severely penalizing teams for breaking or circumventing this rule. (Likely removing the team from the tournament. In extreme cases we will apply a point penalty to other clanned ships as necessary).

On another note, we will also be enforcing Team/Ship names. Point penalties will apply for not having a ship name that matches your team name. Teams will be allowed to change their team name for week 2.

Offline -Genesis

• CA Mod
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2016, 03:53:55 pm »
The problem definitely lies in that the exact number of people from the clan were not asked for and assumed. While I didn't understand the clan rules necessity we were not intending to break the rules in any way so we made sure to stay under the limit. It would be silly to try to break them and submit too many members from the clan only to be removed.

This kind of ruined it for our crew and the people who were promised to play. The forfeit didn't seem necessary when we're looking at the facts that Ayetach mentioned only having one Rydr. Helfyre also mentioned me as a contact in his most recent post and I wish you would have contacted me and we could have discussed/confirmed any removal.

The lack of communication in that regard is definitely to blame which is an extreme disappointment. I know Cronus was something we were all looking forward to and this could have easily been avoided.

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2016, 05:01:46 pm »
I'm sorry that a Community Ambassador feels the need to be so aggressively disappointed.

This entire event could have been easily avoided had I included that sign ups required a list of members. Past experience has reminded me how impractical this is, and I was not thinking of that particular rule while writing the sign up post. This did not happen, and so we had to play with the hand we were dealt.

When made aware of this discrepancy, I chose to stand by the rule as best as able while still being flexible. It is common for teams to be composed of people from the same clan. We can see that in this tournament, the majority of the teams were composed of players from the same clan. When 501 signed up, we were under the impression  there was 4 Ryders. Then Ouroborus signed up, taking us to 8 Ryders. TUNA signed up, but this was not immediately identified as a Ryder ship. Team Bumble signed up, and this was known to be a Ryder ship, taking the total to 12 Ryders, beyond the limit.

When extra teams signed up, we had to decide which teams would not be able to participate this week. This is when we employed the rule to remove Team Bumble, as they were believed to push the limit past 10 clan members. Ayetach is a Ryder. This was posted as soon as it was able so teams would have time to respond and plan for the weekend. There was also a provision to allow them to participate if we came up to 20 teams.

There was no responses until early this morning about debating the decision. Again we mentioned that it may be possible if teams were available.
We also needed to come up with a substitute for 'A Fine Nights Curse' who was not able to play but did sign up. Team Bumble was approached and agreed to this. After this point, with encouragement from clan Ryder, other teams signed up in the couple hours leading up to the event, as well as HelFyre offering to forfeit the position for Team Bumble to play. This seemed an ideal solution and was put into play. This was posted on the forum for anyone to read. If you did not choose to stay up to date on the forum with everything that was happening, there's nothing I can do about it.

With Team Bumble back in play, we had to contact the extra sign ups for a potential replacement for A Fine Nights Curse. Of the 4 teams, only the latest team was online to respond (30 minutes before the event started). Since the other teams weren't available despite having just signed up, and with so many changes occurring, we decided to not to attempt to alter the bracket immediately before match time. So these teams were put on standby until next week.

During all of this, we had larger problems to deal with. Neither of our main casters showed up today (1 had a good excuse, the other just didn't show). We managed to get 1 caster to sub and could not find another. I was in the process of setting up to stream (Getting the program, setting it up, checking if everything works, etc). Luckily Urz signed on and was willing to stream the event, even though he had his own things going on (Give a big thanks to both Dementio and Urz). We were also missing a ref and were not able to find a replacement, requiring me to ref the matches as well as try to keep track of scores and communicate with teams.

We encourage you to re-sign up your team to potentially get in for week 2. Team leaders (points of contact) are encouraged to discuss among themselves before making big decisions (such as forfeiting their team).

Again, we will be enforcing rules more strictly for weeks 2-10 so this does not happen.

For a first single ship tournament with mostly random partners and all the problems we faced, this actually went quite well. The following weeks will definitely be a lot smoother.

Offline Kadetti Lola Ellpuu

• Salutes: 7
    • [❤™]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2016, 05:48:22 pm »
Team Bumble signed up, and this was known to be a Ryder ship. Ayetach is a Ryder.

So a guy marked with [Muse] tag signs in with a ship called Team Bumble and is believed to be a rydr as the rest of his crew...

I don't want to get into how stupid I find the "diversity" rule. I'm just sorry for Helfyre, Genesis and their crew for not being to participate.

I imagine listing crew can be impractical but when you impose a rule such as "max 10 people from the same clan" crew rosters seem like a needed thing. When you realized your mistake you should've spoken up and probably required rosters retroactively even though teams were already signing up. Also why would teams state they're not 100% from the same clan if they were not asked to?
I imagine all this last minute confusion was not easy to deal with, but the decisions of dropping certain teams seemed to me somewhat rushed, also with lack of communication with listed contacts of the ships for clarification.