Author Topic: Muse, Please Stop the Youtubing  (Read 28542 times)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
Re: Muse, Please Stop the Youtubing
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2015, 05:06:21 pm »
Judging
I don't think any youtuber takes the time to learn mechanics, they go straight into it and record their first impression. Time = money.

I think Angry Joe and the people Muse pay to advertise their game spend some time getting familiar with the game. However there is a vast hoard of YouTube Star Wannabes who do pointless first impression videos where they curse a lot while flying into mountains. This second group is the problem since their videos will bury anything respectable the community puts out due to Youtube's video recommendation system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KF2rE8GbAk

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2015, 05:49:22 pm »
^

why I never became a CA. I'm invested here, but I'm not some GOIO civil servant. I teach those worth teaching.

/manhug Bryon

My brother!!

Seriously tho, back on topic. I really wish Muse had asked me to fill in on some of those youtuber games. I heard later they pretty much told everyone to lose and make the youtuber look good. Back then I just told a CA who told me about it that,"well its a good thing I wasn't invited. I'd have castrated them with an airship over live stream." Every youtube "celebrity" i've seen is just an angry little brat with too much bandwidth that strokes the cogpieces of every other angry little brat that plays games online. These people shouldn't be popular, they should be strapped to a chair and forced to watch an endless marathon of Barney and Friends or Teletubbies till they go crazy and develop a taste for human flesh. Then we can put them all in a big dome and watch them fight.

Offline Atruejedi

• Salutes: 64
    • [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2015, 06:09:29 pm »
Here's a brief intro to setting up OBS for streaming
https://youtu.be/ApZ0Wyo3B50

Cool, man, thanks for the primer. I've dove into this in the past couple hours and am tweaking things for smooth sailing, both on my computer, with the stream, and in the skies. If I can get it working well before tomorrow night, I'll stream after I watch the Republican Debate because I'm gonna be absolutely flooded with booze. Adds to the entertainment factor :D

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2015, 06:26:55 pm »
^

why I never became a CA. I'm invested here, but I'm not some GOIO civil servant. I teach those worth teaching.

/manhug Bryon

My brother!!

Seriously tho, back on topic. I really wish Muse had asked me to fill in on some of those youtuber games. I heard later they pretty much told everyone to lose and make the youtuber look good. Back then I just told a CA who told me about it that,"well its a good thing I wasn't invited. I'd have castrated them with an airship over live stream." Every youtube "celebrity" i've seen is just an angry little brat with too much bandwidth that strokes the cogpieces of every other angry little brat that plays games online. These people shouldn't be popular, they should be strapped to a chair and forced to watch an endless marathon of Barney and Friends or Teletubbies till they go crazy and develop a taste for human flesh. Then we can put them all in a big dome and watch them fight.

Offline -Anakin-

• Salutes: 47
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2015, 11:49:14 pm »
^

/manhug Bryon

My brother!!

For real

I give anyone who is obviously new on my ship basic instructions, if they respond to those well I will keep teaching them.

I liked that PBG video, watching him actually take the time and effort to figure out the mechanics, talk to his team etc. Even if it's not high level, it's still better than nothing.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2015, 02:35:53 am »
These people shouldn't be popular, they should be strapped to a chair and forced to watch an endless marathon of Barney and Friends or Teletubbies till they go crazy and develop a taste for human flesh. Then we can put them all in a big dome and watch them fight.

This is beautiful

Also, reminded me of this, how I see novice lobby vs vet lobby.

Offline Atruejedi

• Salutes: 64
    • [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2015, 10:42:11 am »
http://www.twitch.tv/atruejedi

I should be streaming tonight... so tell your friends if they wanna see The Best Captain Ever™ in action to tune in! The good news is that it's smooth and sounds good. The bad news is, because of all the power required to encode the damn thing, I can only play comfortably and Stream at 480p... so just pretend GOI was released for the Nintendo Wii. 8)

The debate is at 8:30 pm EST and should last until 10:30 pm EST. My ex girlfriend is coming over and drinking with me while watching it, so if I DON'T pop up promptly at 10:30... pretend (incorrectly) there's a good reason as to why.

Erm, apparently I can't tag my channel with Guns of Icarus Online... only Guns of Icarus or Guns of Icarus: Alliance. So I chose normal, old Guns of Icarus... I hope that's okay.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 10:48:07 am by Atruejedi »

Offline DoubleMDownie

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 15
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2015, 02:00:19 pm »
Glad to hear you got it working better Jedi! 480p is alright, wish I could be there for the first official stream unfortunately I work till 11pm. I hope it goes well and I'll drop your link into the CA chat and share it with friends!

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2015, 02:08:04 pm »
WHERE'S THE WII PORT MUSE?

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2015, 03:03:11 pm »
WHERE'S THE WII PORT MUSE?

wii mote camera controls.... sounds kinda neat.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2015, 03:37:24 pm »
Fly with mario cart wheel...I like it