Author Topic: DLC/Micro-transaction Ideas  (Read 19942 times)

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
DLC/Micro-transaction Ideas
« on: December 09, 2015, 10:19:45 am »
A whiles back, somebody on a fireside suggested more shop items be added to supplement Muse's bank. Some ideas were gunner exclusive (or not) gun skins/trail effects, and more deck themes and figureheads. If anyone has played Depth, or Rocket League, they offer a lot of skins for weapons, cars, and sharks for a fee, so same idea.

Now the point of this thread is not to get into a good vs bad microtransaction debate. This is just for ideas, anything cosmetic that does not affect actual gameplay, to suggest adding to the in game store to increase Muse's revenue.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Re: DLC/Micro-transaction Ideas
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 11:02:40 am »
I imagined chemspray skins like in CS:GO, and that was the moment I fell on the ground in violent seizures.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 11:10:00 am »
I asked for additional preset slots which were later included in clan xp rewards. Gun skins shouldn't be a gunner exclusive because that would encourage people to be gunner and not switch. Paying for a gunner exclusive would make you want to stay gunner. Being a crew exclusive works but I can't imagine how it would be implemented. There's many guns and unless the skins are simple re-colorings then it would be a big task to reskin each.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 11:53:17 am »
The best monetization models are 'pay to look cool' and 'pay for convenience', so more loadouts slots is just great and more outfits or ship-related cosmetics (and by that I don't mean decals, but rather themes) is even greater, but again, Muse can't do that because most of the artists work on Alliance.

Offline -Anakin-

• Salutes: 47
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 02:14:15 pm »
I will always want more cute costume items and I will always pay to look fabulous.

Spyglass skin would be fairly universal.

Offline BlackenedPies

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 02:39:15 pm »
Item skins are easy to make and someone would pay for pink tools
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 02:44:59 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 02:49:53 pm »
If it encourages then to make new content, I wouldn't mind DLC ships. Skirmish mode is so starved for content, I'll take new stuff in any form I can get it. If a DLC ship would boost development, I would sign on to that in an instant

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2015, 09:01:45 am »
DLC ships

No, please no, because community division and stuff. I understand your "please do something, I'd be glad to pay for it" argument, but still it could do more bad than good to the game.
Also the moment when ships aren't balanced and community wants more ships. Heh.

Offline Dementio

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile

Offline Helios.

• Salutes: 14
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2015, 08:26:15 pm »
i see this argument in a few different places, but i think that the basic boil down of it goes like 'too many moving parts to keep it balanced' vs the 'some variety to play with would be fun'

as to the former, have heard a lot about how X ship is too strong or Y ship is under-powered, but i think that if you had more options with the ships you could make them strong in the way you like  to play them, and everyone else could too.

i vote new ships even if that means there are tumultuous times of weird balancing issues

Offline BlackenedPies

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2015, 12:12:42 am »
The truth is that the ships are balanced. The pyra could use a slight accel buff and the mobula a top speed nerf but these are stat tweaks of around 10%. The ships all work but this wasn't always the case. The galleon balloon was originally up the ladder behind the pilot. Spire had the balloon and hull swapped.

My concern is that the new ships, the Crusader and Magnate, don't work. Stat buffs would only make them bad glass cannons. If new ships are added then Muse needs player input at the least, if not a design contest.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 12:17:04 am by BlackenedPies »

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2015, 05:19:47 am »
At this point, I don't care about balance nearly as much as I do about content. On a presonal level, the game feels dead. I have about 10x more hours in this game than I do in any other, but that's because I love core game play. There's a reason why most of the active members in the community all have 1000+ hours, and that's because we love the concept of the game. It's fun. The game play is engaging and unique, but the active community is very small. I personally know almost everyone who plays this game regularly. We have a consistent player base that includes the same people every day. New players leave before too long, almost without exception. Every big sale we have a handful of players who stick around for the long haul, but that isn't the norm.

I personally have a hard time playing GoI for fun anymore. It's the same maps and the same ships and the same guns over and over again. I try experimenting with new combos, but there's only so much you can do. We need new stuff eventually. We haven't had a truly new map since paratin, I believe. for bloody ages, and one new gun in over a year. I don't wanna see the game die, and the loyal player base will keep it afloat for a long time to come, but even the most dedicated will leave eventually if nothing is ever added

Offline Byron Cavendish

• [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2015, 06:11:32 am »
Paratin was the last new map. I know maps take the longest, but we have been asking for the map maker whatchamacallit for forever. The community wants to help, let us.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2015, 07:58:41 am »
The game runs on the unity engine.

If you can make a map in it and show it to Muse, they may take interest.  :)

Offline Byron Cavendish

• [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2015, 08:05:37 am »
True, but doesn't that cost a grand? How feasible is that for the community?