Author Topic: Version 1.4.4 Release Notes  (Read 44178 times)

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
Re: Version 1.4.4 Release Notes
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2015, 05:44:20 am »
I'm pretty happy with the new birthday hat being a sparkler hat.

Oh yeah also the rest of the stuff.  Good patch.

Offline GrimlockWarlock

• Salutes: 2
    • [FIRE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2015, 07:13:46 am »
Agreed.. it was a good patch update! I quite happy about the minotaur Heavy Cannon being improved! It's now coming back into play!  I looking forward to actually playing with a Minotaur Build !

Also I do quite like all the new workshop hats & mask ! (Garrison Cap is my favourite!)

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2015, 07:48:06 am »
I want to know who suggested the increase in Minotaur force, who tested it and said it was ok, and what the hell is wrong with them.

Having been on the receiving end of double Minotaurs with a junker I can see what you mean, kerosene doesn't help much when being pushed down and along is the danger on top of rotation.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2015, 08:45:52 am »
I don't think the push force is a problem. It's supposed to be controlling and has a very long reload that's 25% longer than lumberjack. A clip of buffed heavy clip taur does 650 armor damage and easily one shots heavy guns. It's a heavy merc.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2015, 09:19:27 am »
- yay for a new 3v3 map (even if it's just a variation of already existing map)
CK and CP are sitting on the ground and crying because mommy and daddy don't love them anymore
- yay for new costume stuff, although I don't care that much
- yay for more clan progression, although I wonder why I can't check what all this stuff is. Like what the hell is "+ [wrench icon]"? A little pop up window would be nice...
- always yay for fireworks :)
- yay for practice maps, although the selection window is just silly, clicking through maps will probably turn out annoying for most, would recommend turning it into selection window (perhaps such us gun selection), it's a small but important step towards making practice mode relevant in any way
- yay for searching status
- yay for AI stuff, gotta check that one out
- yay for global chat fix (it was SO annoying)

- nay for launcher, I believe you've had some reasons for it but it just makes me wait another few seconds to get into the game. If you really 'have' to have it I'd recommend make it more like EU IV launcher, just a small window on the desktop:

- nay for enter-game wait:

The minute-long "enter game" timer is incredibly frustrating and slows things down. I've never loaded in before 10 seconds were left on the clock. I'd suggest reducing it to thirty seconds, especially since a complaint of the game is long lobbies.

This. I understand a reason for that and it was a kind of requested feature after all, but for me it's just frustrating to wait even longer for a game to start. Perhaps we could hit some middle ground with setting the wait time for 40-45 sec instead of 60. It is also more frustrating (than lobby wait) because you have limited ability to use voicechat and no ability to use text chat.

Q:
Is "steam leaking from the gun" fix the flashbanging fix I was e-mailing you about (artemis & blackcliff problem)?

"matchmaker adjustments" - what kind of adjustments? I'm scared....
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 09:21:34 am by Mr.Disaster »

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2015, 09:27:47 am »
The push force is very much a problem.

Aside from the increased damage and velocity (still not high enough, needs to be closer to 700), everything else has gone the wrong direction. In the two years I have been playing this game, this is the first time I have been genuinely angry at Muse and whoever tested the Minotaur and said these changes were OK. Headache inducing angry. After one match using a Goldfish against a mino on a Spire, I just shut the game off. I can't even put into words how angry I was. Moonshine did not even help much.

Anyways, just thinking about it is giving me another headache. I won't be playing in any matches that have a minotaur. If I want to play a rage game, I'll fire up supermeatboy.

On the launcher... allow users to set it to autoskip if there is no server problem. Stick all the news and links stuff on the first Play screen.

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2015, 09:52:56 am »
I am ok with the Minotaur's velocity, I even could reliably hit a Spire at the point where I wanted to hit it over 1.5km, that didn't appear to use any pilot tools, but then again, if the Mino push force is that strong than I shouldn't be able to reliably hit a ship at that distance when that ship actually tries to dodge, which I don't think I would be able to.

Personally, I think the very concept of the Minotaur is stupid. A gun that pushes ships away at a range that the Minotaur possesses will always be rage inducing and nobody playing against it will ever like it. But hey, at least it is incredibly weak in close range, because of its massive cooldown, low fire rate and also decreased rotation speed, which wasn't mentioned in the patch. So the way to win againstit is -> Pick Goldfish, charge at a semi-good angle and then you are too close to lose, gg.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2015, 10:39:51 am »
The minotaur velocity is more than plenty. I'd like it not to be an extreme range sniper. It's easy to hit spires and galleons at 1.5k.

Goldfish has always been the most vulnerable ship to minotaurs due to it's long profile and big front gun. Before the buff, taur-artemis spire was very effective against fish but lacked killing power and you were always better off with hwatcha. Now you're often better off with minotaur against fish but not all ships. Don't bring goldfish against taur and galleon is also pretty vulnerable.

Moonshine is effective against minotaur and I think it reduces the force by 90% (+1000% angular drag). Being spun around doesn't matter, what matters is the other guns shooting and the 180+ armor damage per shot. The force was buffed by 25% while armor damage was buffed more than 50% and component damage 60%.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 11:06:43 am by BlackenedPies »