Author Topic: Piloting Consistency  (Read 28865 times)

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
Re: Piloting Consistency
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2015, 08:55:00 am »
Reasons why you lose a match:

1. Your crew messed up
2. Your teammate messed up
3. You messed up
4. The other team was just better

Offline Newbluud

• Salutes: 24
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2015, 09:17:52 am »
Reasons why you lose a match:

1. Your crew messed up
2. Your teammate messed up
3. You messed up
4. The other team was just better
Thanks  :D

Offline Hunter.

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 23
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
    • My Hummingbird (Anime Website)
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2015, 09:18:01 am »
/Salute

truer words were never spoken

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2015, 10:06:44 am »
I think it is important to understand why you lost a match in order to become a better pilot. Did you focus on the main threat? Did you bring a ship that can counter the enemy ships? Did you bring a ship that works well with your ally? Did you bring the right ship for the map? Did you spend too much time shooting a ship instead of saving your teammate? You can change all of these things in the next match to improve your chance of victory.

If you blame your crew or your teammate for the loss you won't learn anything of value. In my experience it will just make you a bitter vet and you will never play with anybody below your skill lvl. Knowing how to play with bad players is what makes you a good pilot in my book. In pub matches it is not about how well you work with your teammate but how well you work around them.

Offline Newbluud

• Salutes: 24
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2015, 11:39:29 am »
I think it is important to understand why you lost a match in order to become a better pilot. Did you focus on the main threat? Did you bring a ship that can counter the enemy ships? Did you bring a ship that works well with your ally? Did you bring the right ship for the map? Did you spend too much time shooting a ship instead of saving your teammate? You can change all of these things in the next match to improve your chance of victory.

If you blame your crew or your teammate for the loss you won't learn anything of value. In my experience it will just make you a bitter vet and you will never play with anybody below your skill lvl. Knowing how to play with bad players is what makes you a good pilot in my book. In pub matches it is not about how well you work with your teammate but how well you work around them.

I try to avoid blaming my teammate as much as possible. It's not always possible not to in some situations, but I really do try to think of how more observant to their playstyle - or lack thereof - I could have been to prevent such a crushing stomp. As a kill squid, I consider myself more opportunistic. With a good ally who communicates, I have a better control over who I can engage, which is almost inevitably going to be the higher-level mobula on the enemy team. In other ships, I am far less sure of myself so I should back off go-fast-shooty-banshee for a while, I think.

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2015, 06:55:08 am »
If you are playing a kill squid then your lack of consistency stems from you being the focused ship. Try being the distraction. If you have a semi descent teammate then he will use the opportunity to hit the enemy in the rear as long as you provide your ally ship with that opportunity.

If the enemy is smart and realizes what you are doing then they will probably ignore you and focus your ally ship. You have to hurry and support. If the enemy splits up then hopefully your ally can survive long enough for you to outrun your pursuer and then get to your ally.

If the enemy is very smart they will just sit there and take shots of opportunity. Tread lightly. You might try to flank them unseen at which point they may see your absence as a time to rush your teammate. Worse is they will understand your absence is in preparation for a flank and be prepared to counter it.