Author Topic: Let's deal with clan invites spam  (Read 9330 times)

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Let's deal with clan invites spam
« on: September 16, 2015, 10:09:28 pm »
Annoying, aren't they?

Some people just REALLY NEED YOU to be in their clan and they flood you with the invites. I think there may be some solutions to this problem:

Easier but less effective:
Set a limiter for clan invites, preferably a person quota (like you can send one particular person no more than X invites for clan Y) or at least a daily or hour quota.

Harder but more effective:
Make a special window for clan invite with option [Reject] or [Ignore]. I imagine it like this:
You get a message about clan invite. You click it and a window appears with a message "Player X have invited you to clan Y" with options for Accept and Reject/Ignore (not sure whether both perhaps) and by choosing the 2nd option game would block any more invites to join this clan.

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
Re: Let's deal with clan invites spam
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 10:29:16 pm »
Even easier:
Remove clan invites entirely. The application system is perfectly functional and there's no need to streamline something most people won't even do monthly. If people aren't on good enough terms for an invite to apply by way of a normal message there's really no need for them to be inviting/joining a clan. It also has the benefit of being entirely within the existing block system.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 11:21:20 pm »
As a major clan leader, I think invites should remain a thing, but there's no reason once you block someone, they should still be able to still send you clan invites. That's dumb

Offline Caprontos

• Salutes: 17
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 01:19:06 am »
Or make it so once your in a clan.. You can't be invited to another clan with out first leaving your current clan...

When trying it can just say "SoanSo is already in a clan" .. An no invite is sent to the person..

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 06:03:19 am »
Or just code an auto block when someone is ALREADY IN A CLAN.

more importantly CLAN LEADERS SHOULDN'T RECEIVE THEM AT ALL.

same thing when you go to a  clan page and possibly accidentally click the join clan button. Always gotta walk on egg shells when around other clan pages.

tho apparently its a bug that muse cannot patch.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 06:06:33 am by Maximillian Jazzhand »

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 06:56:17 am »
Captain recommended loadouts were "fixed" because too many people bitched... Clan invites being used to spam needs to be fixed too as its more of an issue, especially since there is one clan of little shits who are trolling and abusing clan invites. Decline and they tell all officers to spam the declining player invites...

I've made it no secret I despise the way the GROX clan spam and troll with invites, I've reported and emailed their abuse too, and still they're going about it, the only thing which was fixed is blocked players invites are blocked, but we shouldn't need to block every leader and officer of a clan of imbeciles who do nothing but spam crap every damn day.

The GROX clan are not the only ones either. Clan invites are fast becoming a weapon for trolls to piss people off as people notice it, before it was not a problem because everyone followed gentleman rules, one invite per person and move on, but now there are less gentlemen in the game and more annoying prats.

Oh and yes, I am sensitive to this subject, and it needs to be dealt with.

Offline Dementio

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 08:58:39 am »
Some may remember a time when you could invite people to your match, even when they were already in your lobby and so you could spam it indefinitely to all and everybody, anytime.

Back then I was still young and not writing feedback mails and stuff like that. One day I joined a dev app game. While in the lobby I spammed some match invites to random people wearing that "Muse" clan tag and especially to that "awkm" guy, who later turned out to be this "Eric" dude.

When I read the patch notes of the next patch you were not able to invite people to the match anymore once they were already in your lobby.

No, I am not saying you should spam clan invites to Muse during dev games, especially that awkm boi, but if you were to try it, it may just prove to be very effective.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 09:01:46 am »
Some may remember a time when you could invite people to your match, even when they were already in your lobby and so you could spam it indefinitely to all and everybody, anytime.

Back then I was still young and not writing feedback mails and stuff like that. One day I joined a dev app game. While in the lobby I spammed some match invites to random people wearing that "Muse" clan tag and especially to that "awkm" guy, who later turned out to be this "Eric" dude.

When I read the patch notes of the next patch you were not able to invite people to the match anymore once they were already in your lobby.

No, I am not saying you should spam clan invites to Muse during dev games, especially that awkm boi, but if you were to try it, it may just prove to be very effective.

What a great story, now I'm not suggesting this be done... But it should be done.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2015, 12:46:23 pm »

You evil genius <3

JUST DO IT

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2015, 02:19:22 pm »
That would be a terrible(ly effective) way of doing things

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2015, 08:17:16 pm »
It's like "I'm not saying you should do this... but it worked last time".

I got responded by Matthew that  "need to do someone on clan spam and they'll make sure to get something in asap", so keep your fingers crossed.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2015, 02:04:16 pm »
Captain recommended loadouts were "fixed" because too many people bitched... Clan invites being used to spam needs to be fixed too as its more of an issue, especially since there is one clan of little shits who are trolling and abusing clan invites. Decline and they tell all officers to spam the declining player invites...

I've made it no secret I despise the way the GROX clan spam and troll with invites, I've reported and emailed their abuse too, and still they're going about it, the only thing which was fixed is blocked players invites are blocked, but we shouldn't need to block every leader and officer of a clan of imbeciles who do nothing but spam crap every damn day.

The GROX clan are not the only ones either. Clan invites are fast becoming a weapon for trolls to piss people off as people notice it, before it was not a problem because everyone followed gentleman rules, one invite per person and move on, but now there are less gentlemen in the game and more annoying prats.

I am for the restoration of gents. BRING BACK THE OLD GUARD
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 02:05:55 pm by Maximillian Jazzhand »

Offline michael.hauda

• Salutes: 5
    • [MisF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2015, 11:05:55 am »

Whenever what passes for GROX leadership enters a match I just type in match chat "spam is a reportable offense" and either devil leaves the lobby or he stays and a bunch of noobs in the game ask if everyone else got that cr*p too. Considering that invites are so common as spam I'd like to just be able to toggle invite notifications on and off in settings, would be nice to avoid RYDR achievement farms as well :/ GROX just picks up all the idiots no one wants and a few other people along the way, if those idiots actually got kicked after being reported several times it wouldn't be an issue, GROX would just be it's normal and perfectly socially adjusted members (and would not have it's current leader)
ah my two favorite clans in game :/ My clan isn't squeaky by anyone's standards but yeesh, we might be stupid but we know it (and have figured out how party chat works ffs)