Author Topic: 3v3 Paritan Rumble  (Read 17649 times)

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
Re: 3v3 Paritan Rumble
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2015, 10:40:09 pm »
Matchmaking can't be considered new content if that's what they're implying. New ships, new guns or new maps...that's it.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2015, 11:35:09 pm »
ONE THOUSAND NEW THINGS!

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2015, 11:44:11 pm »
Can confirm, one thousand new things

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2015, 12:56:21 am »
Well we could get more new maps but basically it entails you need to buy Unity and figure it all out yourself.

Kinda makes me wonder if Unreal Engine had been as open as Unity was when they went to make GOIO, how much different GOIO would be today. For one we'd for sure have a lot more user generated content just due to the tools already being there to work with.

Every time they've talked about making new maps it just seems to me like Unity is a big hassle to build in.

Offline Steve CZ

• Salutes: 21
    • [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2015, 04:35:23 am »
ONE THOUSAND NEW THINGS!

All them hats though... Gaben style

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2015, 05:16:19 am »
Maybe they meant they added 1000 commits to their repo? lol

But I agree anything new to do would be wonderful. An automated referee system would be wonderful (builtin pause, manual scoring etc). They said they were working on it a few months ago and then no word of it. A sourcetv-like replay system that records network traffic and can play it back would be wonderful for casting. Player-hosted servers would be nice, so we can have themed servers like flak-only or whatever.

Muse seems to think coop will be the salvation of goio but somehow I doubt it.. it will probably split the community, most of the casual crowd will play it exclusively because you dont need as many people and it's not as difficult to play.. Muse will have to keep splitting attention between two completely separate games.. with separate weapons and ships and maps and balance..