Author Topic: 3v3 Paritan Rumble  (Read 17661 times)

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
3v3 Paritan Rumble
« on: September 16, 2015, 02:59:18 pm »
 Seeing as the new map was overlooked by most of the features in this patch, I'd like to gather feedback into a single organized thread. Discuss.

I've played it a few times after the patch, and personally I'm not sure what I feel about it. Please inform me if there are any changes from the 2v2 version but it seems to be that there isn't, the matches were incredibly chaotic as fights generally would start before the teams could organize very well and there was -very little- room that one could call a "No man's land". Although my feedback may deliver results only relative to specific ships and tactics, currently It reminds me of Duel at Dawn in 3v3 form.

Personally, I'd like to see the map enlargened. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOrECP0byxY The first map in this video is Paritan Rumble, although it seems from the map that previously it had a much larger and open exterior. I don't know why it was shrunk to what it is now but I assume it was meant to make it less canyon-ambushy. I think the 3v3 paritan might need this. Otherwise, perhaps putting the Labyrinth globe in the middle would make it hell of a lot better as it'd create a larger neutral territory, and sort of a no-go zone for teams if a sniper ship or two was involved so as to encourage teams to reconsider their options when charging into the fight, and make it a little bit long enough to be more interesting.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
Re: 3v3 Paritan Rumble
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 03:36:15 pm »
Without having tried it yet, I reckon it's the old version of paritan, which was much larger before being shrunk. If so it's still a good map, with more outter city and tanks to explore.

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 03:38:00 pm »
Without having tried it yet, I reckon it's the old version of paritan, which was much larger before being shrunk. If so it's still a good map, with more outter city and tanks to explore.

I've already stated that it's seemingly the same as 2v2 paritan with no outer city.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 03:43:28 pm »
I didn't make it to the testing, otherwise I would have let Muse know right away that just rehashing paritan for 3v3 wasn't going to fly. If they did rehash the 2v2 map and didn't bring back the original Paritan, then this crap needs to be removed immediately. There is no point bringing Paritan into 3v3 if you don't use the original large map. I just hope Muse didn't throw out the original map or not have it backed up.

Offline Extirminator

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 03:53:13 pm »
New maps are fine, I like them. But I don't like when you take a map, change the amount of participants and call it a new map.

I have no criticism about the map, I have criticism about muse for being really lazy.

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 03:59:00 pm »
Labyrinth is bigger than Paritan, they could have used that.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 04:19:51 pm »
New maps are fine, I like them. But I don't like when you take a map, change the amount of participants and call it a new map.

I have no criticism about the map, I have criticism about muse for being really lazy.

Exactly and there is no reason for it if they had the original map. Someone ask them at the fireside why they didn't use the original map. They better not use some excuse of it still being too big for 3v3. I want original paritan back dagnabbit!

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2015, 04:46:04 pm »
I agree with Ex. We haven't had a truly new map for bloody ages, and there's really no excuse for it. I get there there's work being done on alliance mode, but you can't just ignore the only game you have until that's released

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2015, 04:51:00 pm »
Some of the first few games on it featured myself in a laggy and sleep deprived state not helped in the slightest by the awful new engine noise, which may have contributed to the chaos. I think the fights might calm down a little once people develop preferred places to go at the start. The mileading presence of the skywhale cage in the map picture is very dissappointing.

Offline Extirminator

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 04:58:10 pm »
And even if they say it takes a lot of work hours that are precious to them they could do one of two things:
Either put like 30 minutes of work into one every day for about a month or two which should be plenty of time to make a decent map.
Or you could also push back alliance production by a week, halt all progress on it, and focus as many people as possible for a week to make a map. We waited for it for 2 years without any substantial update to the game we actually play and love, we can delay it by a week for the sake of actually having fun in the game again while waiting.

^same goes with every development move that may be pushed back off of skirmish mode because of alliance mode... It is just a lot smarter to have an appealing game that is actually getting new content to preserve the player-base you have dedicated for your next project - or what might end up happening is both projects going up in flames(which is already happening in my opinion).

Offline Byron Cavendish

• [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2015, 10:20:30 pm »

^THIS

Offline Byron Cavendish

• [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2015, 10:22:36 pm »
I agree with Ex. We haven't had a truly new map for bloody ages, and there's really no excuse for it. I get there there's work being done on alliance mode, but you can't just ignore the only game you have until that's released

^And this At this rate GOIO will become what Flight is, and Alliance will become what GOIO is. Especially if they don't port the new ships and guns over to skirmish. You can't have an online pvp game and not add new content for a year and a half and not have it wither away.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2015, 10:23:56 pm »
or what might end up happening is both projects going up in flames(which is already happening in my opinion).

^This too

love you guys, like you're ready my mind

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2015, 10:31:10 pm »
I criticized the lack of new content in skirmish mode in a recent email exchange. The response was that they have added over 1000 'things'... The only truly new gameplay content that has been added since i started playing was the hades and minotaur, one of which is useless. Everything else was cosmetic, ui, or some bug fixes and so many changes that were not for the better.

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2015, 10:38:52 pm »
I wouldn't mind getting a "new" map every update for a while or even several at once. I had a thread up a while back for slightly complicated adaptions but as with this new one there are several more that would take nothing more than choosing the spawn points:
3v3 and 4v4 Blackcliff
4v4 Water Hazard
4v4 Firnfeld
3v3 or even 2v2 Red Sepulcher could even be good