Author Topic: The Current Meta.  (Read 35057 times)

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
Re: The Current Meta.
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2015, 06:07:20 pm »
Eric happened

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2015, 06:18:16 pm »
So the mobula is another ship that went from being considered terrible to the best ship, without any changes being made to IT?

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2015, 06:24:57 pm »
So the mobula is another ship that went from being considered terrible to the best ship, without any changes being made to IT?

Worst part is, two ships that were considered terrible before are now the two most meta ships. Hades art art mobula + hwachafish and mobula + mobula is like the new metamidion + blenderfish and meta + meta

Offline Princess Tutu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 7
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2015, 06:26:47 pm »

This is how I sometimes see Muse

But in all fairness, I think mobula was always great. Teams just needed time to learn how to use it.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2015, 07:42:30 pm »
Daniel, your duck history is week. It was the Raft (where frogger came from) that defeated the raft.  The brood (my home cause we don't talk about the dover) consistently got paddled by the paddling.

As for the echidna. It was making a comeback as the premiere pyra killer. However suddenly killing pyras was suddenly not as important.

But what would I know, I'm just a cranky old man.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2015, 08:12:48 pm »
But we all got paddled by the Paddling so that's not too bad

Offline Frogger

• Salutes: 20
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2015, 06:19:14 am »

The invincible Paddling lost to the Brood...

boohoohoo

Offline Hunter.

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 23
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
    • My Hummingbird (Anime Website)
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2015, 06:43:28 am »
Ahhhh, man, I remember being new and the gat/flak was the best thing ever before I discovered the mortar :D

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2015, 07:08:29 am »
Ahhhh, man, I remember being new and the gat/flak was the best thing ever before I discovered the mortar :D

Trust me, newbies still think the same...
Then they meet the "Lion gun!" And they think that's the best thing since sliced bread...
Then they get Heavy Flaked and think "Wayyyy OP!" They try it on armoured enemy.. "What dafuq, dis gun be broked! Dem.guts musta bin haxors!"

So nothing new tbh...

I like most of the new changes, but think Hwacha is over-used now...

Offline Hunter.

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 23
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
    • My Hummingbird (Anime Website)
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2015, 08:47:29 am »
Worst thing with le balanced lion gun of disabling is when beginners are owned by it they think it is broken, then they use it themselves but good pilots evade them, so the newbie blames their pilot. The newbie then proceeds to pilot because he knows best in his all hwacha galleon leaving us more experienced players stuck engineering and gunning in his hell hole of a ship!

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2015, 09:01:46 am »
I'm not sure If I would call Hwacha builds meta. They are used to great effect in pub matches but they are still  hit and miss in competitive play.

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2015, 11:08:55 am »
Daniel, your duck history is week. It was the Raft (where frogger came from) that defeated the raft.  The brood (my home cause we don't talk about the dover) consistently got paddled by the paddling.

Well, if you would have called your teamnames "Duck team 1" and "Duck team 2" it would have been easier to remember!

The invincible Paddling lost to the Brood...

boohoohoo

I hope some mod changes the Brood to the Raft on that line.

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2015, 02:24:53 pm »
Personally I've been seeing an incredible amount of goldfish. Previously a hwacha-fish would have a very tough time taking on a carro-fish, but they're relatively closely matched now. I've actually seen a lot of hwacha-fish get the upper hand. Hwacha spire tends to be pretty popular as well. Then the all hwacha galleon. It's just a giant lion-gun party.

Pyramidions still get used, but they get trashed by just about anything, especially lion guns. Mobulas do pretty well, but I think it's mostly coordinated teams bringing those. Random pubs still have a hard time with most ships. Squids are... ok. Again, they would take a coordinated crew, and they still suffer greatly against disables.

Overall a lot of ships seem more disable heavy than being run as pure kill ships. It appears only some of the guns were adjusted for gunner stamina, while the rest were left as they were. This definitely tipped the scales a bit and shifted the meta. I want to say things are still relatively balanced, but I just don't feel that way. Hwacha-fish is the new metamidion though. Should it still be called a metamidion?

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2015, 02:44:04 pm »
Papermidion..

The biggest problem is, most ships work well with coordinated teams, but most teams (bear in mind us guys on forums are minority of playerbase and form a lot of those teams) are not co-ordinated, which is where the Hwacha is strong and makes it over used, its almost like the new flamer... It has counters but they take time to learn...

Offline Byron Cavendish

• [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2015, 12:16:38 am »
Just like the flamethrower, and the mino, and the everything. Hwacha nerf will come when low levels complain enough to be pandered to.