Author Topic: Cogs Pick & Pun  (Read 46500 times)

Offline JaceBoojah

• Salutes: 42
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Cogs Pick & Pun
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2013, 07:24:35 pm »
Should have been Gentlemen 50.001% over Brood 49.999%

I had a finishing ram that I thought was perfect timing.  Little did I know my gatling gun missed over half its clip at close range.

super fun match!

Offline AquaMac

• Salutes: 7
    • View Profile
    • Winter Moon Entertaiment
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2013, 07:26:48 pm »
Yeah that was a nice match. That was fun to watch. Nice and close game.

...and sorry I have to do this. I am not sure of the next opportunity I can do our war cry.

KAWWWWW! :P
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 07:28:27 pm by AquaMac »

Offline SushiDemon

• Salutes: 3
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2013, 11:06:51 pm »
caw  :P

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2013, 10:29:47 pm »
Is the leaderboard coming up soon?

Offline Linen

• Salutes: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2013, 11:07:56 pm »
Week 5 Leaderboard

1. N-Sunderland - 3.1
1. Veyka - 3.1

2. zitruskiller - 3

3. Coldcurse - 2
3. Hubert PIckle - 2
3. Mattilald Anguisad - 2

4. Skrimskraw - 1

5. FightBoyVash - 0
5. Moriarty - 0
5. Sammy B. T. - 0
5. Sgt. Spoon - 0

So after spending futile efforts on making a info-graphic (if that's even the right word) for the leaderboard I decided to leave it up to someone who has design skills. So if you have design skills and feel like making the boards for the tipping comp then send me a sample via pm and I'll choose the best (if I get any). So, for now we have a text board.

Also thanks to everyone who put in their tips for this week and congrats to N-Sunderland and Veyka who are our weekly top tippers and current leaders. Big thanks to Swallow and Qwerty for hosting our stats on the stream.

And once again watch out for Cogs Tipping Competition Week 6 coming after the weekly preview. Hope to see some new people next week!

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2013, 11:11:17 pm »
Week 5 Leaderboard

1. N-Sunderland - 3.1
1. Veyka - 3.1

3. zitruskiller - 3

4. Coldcurse - 2
4. Hubert PIckle - 2
4. Mattilald Anguisad - 2

7. Skrimskraw - 1

8. FightBoyVash - 0
8. Moriarty - 0
8. Sammy B. T. - 0
8. Sgt. Spoon - 0

ftfy

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2013, 11:13:08 pm »
I can almost see Corvus running a galeon/pyra here

Are you some kind of psychic?

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2013, 11:13:49 pm »
Week 5 Leaderboard

1. N-Sunderland - 3.1
1. Veyka - 3.1

3. zitruskiller - 3

4. Coldcurse - 2
4. Hubert PIckle - 2
4. Mattilald Anguisad - 2

7. Skrimskraw - 1

8. FightBoyVash - 0
8. Moriarty - 0
8. Sammy B. T. - 0
8. Sgt. Spoon - 0

ftfy

This. It's really bugging me.

Offline Linen

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2013, 11:29:49 pm »
Really?

If that's what everyone prefers then fine but it really doesn't make much difference.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2013, 11:38:10 pm »
Whatever. Just my brain being stupid. You can leave it as it is.

Thanks for all the work you've done on this so far. Betting on the matches and seeing others' predictions has been loads of fun.

Offline Linen

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2013, 12:09:13 am »
When I said it does't make much difference I meant it doesn't make much difference to me. I'll switch it up next week seeing as it's bugging people.

Thanks for all the work you've done on this so far. Betting on the matches and seeing others' predictions has been loads of fun.

Thanks man. It's good to hear someone is enjoying it as much as I am.  :D

Offline Veyka

• Salutes: 12
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
    • Just a site
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2013, 06:42:03 am »

Line of reasoning:

They were going to give Phoebe a Lumberjack, So they have 3 choices, Spire, goldfish or Galleon, Spire is out as Aqua doesn't fly spire, and Galleon is generally a far better bet for snipping matches so it was the most probable outcome.

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2013, 08:04:36 am »

Line of reasoning:

They were going to give Phoebe a Lumberjack, So they have 3 choices, Spire, goldfish or Galleon, Spire is out as Aqua doesn't fly spire, and Galleon is generally a far better bet for snipping matches so it was the most probable outcome.

at least I got to go into a brawl 2 times.

Offline Phoebe

• Salutes: 62
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2013, 09:52:00 am »

Line of reasoning:

Couple of points to note

1) AquaMac flew nothing but spire for a long time; he really liked them.  They are a little weak and he knows that;- so it's risky

2) We don't snipe, we're not snipers.    Skrim went with mercs on the side because he is our Galleons protection - gives him combat efficiency while he's sticking with us waiting for close combat.

Lumberjacks are not sniping weapons;- they're anti sniping weapons.  With Lumberjacks we try to intimidate people and force them to get close to us;- just because Dover was hiding from it the whole match and didn't come to us the way we tried to make them - doesn't mean we were the snipers.   We only used mercs on gunmounts where it's only logical to have them.

I'll try to stress out again - We are not snipers;- we do not intend for long range snipe battles - it all depends on what our enemy does.  We HAVE sniping capabilities if enemy stays long range or I have a good day on the Lumber and take ships down from very far - then Sushi can use the Merc to finish it off.

If anything we WANT to fight at medium ranges, because we grow more powerful with every 100 yards you come closer to us;- unlike going with purely mercs where it almost doesn't matter what distance you fire.

I was very dissapointed with the commentary on our match because we got depicted as having gone to the darkside with snipers and making a boring match - it's just that we had an enemy against us that very stupidly gave us the middle of the map right at the start by flying out of it;- and then hid behind a structure surrounded by clouds;- yeah... we're not going to steer a Galleon into that.

3) My boyfriend gave me trouble for embarrassing him so I edited this part out again
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 10:03:54 am by Phoebe »

Offline AquaMac

• Salutes: 7
    • View Profile
    • Winter Moon Entertaiment
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2013, 09:54:20 am »

Line of reasoning:

Well it is interesting that you say that Veyka, because when i started this game the Spire was the only ship I liked to fly, and even Bubbles made comment on it, but Lumber jack spire can be hard, cause of it quick turning. Even so nice prediction, did not even see you said that before Cogs. LOL