Author Topic: Uncharted Skies  (Read 421254 times)

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Re: Uncharted Skies
« Reply #675 on: October 04, 2015, 04:59:54 pm »
"Will do.  These are in horrible condition, where in the blazes did the militia find them?" Gaige says, walking towards the last gun.

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: October 04, 2015, 05:26:58 pm »
Port Bow

"No idea, but I would love to give the crew in charge of maintaining them a shotgun court marshal."

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: October 04, 2015, 06:17:04 pm »
"We need paint, dedicated rust remover, some lube, new bolts, hell, this one's right hatch is seized.  You tried to fire this thing, if it's not the new one with the fail safe, and you'd blow yourself and the gun to high holy hell!"

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: October 04, 2015, 11:22:36 pm »
Hanger Bay

"Look here he comes," says Farris.

Scooting out under the wing, Kei squints her eyes from underneath the goggles she is wearing and sees that Farris is right. Standing, she takes off the goggles and gloves and start walking towards him while waving a hand.

"You guys coming? We don't want to be rude."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: October 05, 2015, 10:37:49 am »
Port Bow

With a violent swear, Alister rips out a rusted lump.

"Bloody skies! This is the arming mechanism! What kerosene guzzling imbecile was in charge of these things?!"

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: October 05, 2015, 10:53:40 am »
--Eagle's Shadow, Hanger Bay--

Well at least they're friendly. Davis thought to himself as he walked over. Still, the fifth plane was a bit confusing, there were only four of them, unless there was a fifth pilot he was unaware of. Of course it would be nice to have a spare on hand, the very nature of the unknown meant borked equipment.

None of which helped as he now found himself standing before his crew, neither party speaking for brief moments as they examined each other.

"Sooooo," He said slowly, "Apparently I'm your flight lead, whoever thought that was good idea was sorely mistaken. Anyways, we'll discuss shifts later. Now then, someone explain these planes to me.

--Eagle's Shadow, Gunnery Deck - Port Bow--

Amelia quietly clears her throat and displays how the Hwacha's reloading mechanism comes out over the rocket housing and deposits her cleaning tools atop the lion's head.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: October 05, 2015, 07:17:01 pm »
Gunnery Deck

Courage looks at Carn and the piece of metal currently on the ground. Going between the missing chunk and the heavy flak, he inwardly groans a bit.

Hope that piece wasn't important to the firing mechanism. Or anything important at all.

Still looking at the turrent, he says to Carn and Gaige, "Why don't you do go on the the last hawacha on this side. I'll get the last flak."

Hanger Bay

"Well first off they are Anvalan and it's a design I haven't seen before," starts off Kei.

"Yeah, thought a mono wing was weird, but a mono wings angled down the middle." interrupts Farris as he comments on the gull wing design, "You can have a look for yourself." pointing behind him.

Kei continues, "Single prop, looks like a modified squid engine was used. Rocket racks under the wings, and two guns in either wing."

"For a wired design, those Anvalans sure know how to make a plane," adds Antonio.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: October 06, 2015, 12:50:58 pm »
Gunnery Deck

"That's it."

Standing up, Alister walks over to a in-ship communication rig.

"Bridge? I need a engineer crew down here asap. Who am I? I'm your bloody commanding officer! Two minutes? Good."

And with that, he wipes his hands on a rag and leans against the wall.

"That should do."

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: October 11, 2015, 10:36:12 am »
--Eagle's Shadow, Hanger Bay--

"Right... So... I'm not the only who's getting the feeling that there's something they're not telling us right?" Davis turned and saw the look on their faces. "HAH! Those are looks I'm talking about."

He took this moment to sit on the wing of the nearest plane. "Honestly, I make it a principle to make sure I know what I'm getting into before charging head first into the burning inferno. But you know... money." He patted the wing of the plane, "Now these planes are a bit excessive when it comes to mere academic exploration, probably helps to come prepared but this is very advanced looking equipment, skies I've never seen this equipment before, much less that thing over there."

He pointed to the rather out of place rocket craft that was sitting all nice and shiny in their assigned maintenance bay.

"Right so lets get to know each other."

--Eagle's Shadow, Gunnery Deck--

Amelia continued work on her Hwacha as Mr. Carn and Courage remained staring at the rusted clump of metal that sat on the deck between the two of them. Eventually fixing the reload mechanism and it's utter ridiculousness.

"That's it." She watched as Mr. Carn stormed off to a nearby intercom, eventually yelling at the person on the other end of the line. "That should do." He said with a professional if satisfied voice.

"Do what Mr. Carn?" Another question she could be asking is where Andromeda had gotten to.

--Eagle's Shadow, Med Bay--

Reagan entered the med bay, to little fanfare, not that she was expecting any of course. The sole occupant was sitting in the doctor's chair, everything about the room was organized, the beds were made, work areas prepped and ready.

"Seems like you been busy." She said as she leaned against the near wall. Andromeda taking this moment to detach from her shoulder and float off elsewhere, gaining the looks of a few crew members who just happened to be walking past.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: October 11, 2015, 02:21:30 pm »
Gunnery Deck

"I've called in a engineer team. I only have a pipe wrench and a wire brush. You three are fully tooled, but there are more than a few guns needing attention."

Med Bay

"Ah, Ms. Reagan, you know how these things go. Someone is bound to get injured every day. Too many people for it not to happen. Also I am bored."

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: October 11, 2015, 03:14:36 pm »
Gunnery Deck, Port Bow:

"This is actually causing me a great deal of emotional pain, that can only be relieved by beating the idiot who let these deteriorate so much over the head with a goddamn pipe wrench!"

Opening up the loading bay of the Hwacha, he points to a black, oozing mass.

"This?  This is dirty chemical spray residue, polluted with oil, dirt, and grime.  The fact that there's oil in it means we have a leak somewhere." 

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: October 11, 2015, 06:45:38 pm »
Gunnery Deck

"Why do you think I called in a full team? Three standard engie, and a old gunner aren't going to get all of these up by the time we set out."

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: October 12, 2015, 09:12:04 pm »
Galley

Koali bursts in with the cart of food.

"Yo! I GOT PROPER FOOD! FRESH FRUITS AND MEAT! FLAVOR!"

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: October 12, 2015, 09:33:06 pm »
Med Bay

"Anyways, Alister will probably start what he calls, sparring practice, with the crew. To be fair, he does make it worth it if anyone ever wins. 10 to 1 odds, no weapons or armor, and he's even allowed multiple opponents at once. So if he does start that, I'm going to be busy."

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: October 12, 2015, 10:08:28 pm »
--Eagle's Shadow, Galley--

The entire room stood silent as the gathered crew sat gathered, slowly they turned to face him, and for a while things stayed that way, both parties standing there staring at each other. That was until a single, anonymous cheer went up at the galley. Soon it began spreading, reaching an apex as the entire room was filled with loud, cheering, food loving men and women. As one they surged the young lad, raising him up high, celebrating his forethought and consideration.

FOOD! repetitive in it's nature yet the call went out to crew members who had not been there to witness the new found bounty.

FOOD! The cheer that resonated throughout the vessel.

FOOD! The calling card of the hungry.

FOOD! The epitome of happiness.

FOOD! What one can't work without, the other being ALCOHOL! But that was a different story.

--Eagle's Shadow, Med Bay--

"I really hope he doesn't put the entire crew out of commission."