Author Topic: Uncharted Skies  (Read 429555 times)

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
Re: Uncharted Skies
« Reply #345 on: July 24, 2015, 05:29:44 pm »
Top Deck

Having finished his routine, Alister puts his gear back on. Then he decides to go to the cargo bay. He still needs to finish the name stencil, and there are a few modifications to make the ship feel like a marauder's ship.

Galley

"Those guys tried to get Alister to join. He laughed, they got mad. He still has his legs."

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 24, 2015, 05:47:26 pm »
--Cargo Bay--

"Like it? Me and a few friends built it for the rocket race." She approaches him with an aircraft harness folded over her shoulder, "It's seen a few modifications since then," she points out the banshees mounted in the nose of the craft. "Do you want to be useful and help me move this over to the hanger, if you could command the cargo crane we can get this hooked up and ready to move in a few moments."

--Galley--

"Well it's nice to meet you Gaige." He shook his head, "Seems we have quite the crew and- wait did you say Captain Morgan? That wouldn't be a Richard Morgan would it?"

--Some Restaurant--

"Hi Courage." Dahlia wave lightly and smiled and motioned to their table. "Care to sit with us?"
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 05:49:15 pm by Piemanlives »

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 24, 2015, 06:12:19 pm »
Cargo Bay

Alister walks into the cargo bay and sees Commander Frey and Captain Morgan, then he sees the rocket craft. "What. Is. That?"

Galley

"Ah. That would be a no. HER name is Reagan."

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 24, 2015, 06:32:53 pm »
--Galley--

"Thank the skies above, I don't think I could handle his brand of 'Safe' when it comes to flying again."

--Cargo Bay--

"It happens to be mine, and we're moving it to sit with the rest of the planes we have on board for now." The crane lowered down enough for her to begin attaching the harness. "Thank you Commander."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 24, 2015, 06:42:31 pm »
Cargo Bay

"Not a problem, but I would ask Mr. Carn next time." He lifts up his cast arm, "A bit tricky manning the controls with one arm."

"Got to ask, any purpose of bring this along?"

Some Restaurant

Accepting the offer, Courage stands up just as his waiter arrives, "I'm going to sit over there with the both of them, close friends of mine."

"Very well, do you need help going over there?" The waiter ask cautiously.

"What, you think I'm going to fall every two minutes."

He looks down at the prosthetic and back to Courage who gives a slight groan.

"I'll be fine." he says with a slight annoyance in his voice.

Carefully traversing the tight walkway between tables he manages to reach the table with no incident. Grabbing another chair from an empty table, he takes a seat at the table with them.

"Fancy seeing the two of you here. Out shopping?"
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 06:47:24 pm by BdrLineAzn »

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 24, 2015, 06:47:50 pm »
Galley

"I advise you don't fly on Alister's squid then. He's rather fond of tar, moonshine, and mines. Did I forget the maniacal laughter when he uses all three?"

Cargo Bay

"Interesting design." He goes over to where some leather bags he had ordered yesterday were siting. Pulling out a confusing mass of leather straps, ropes. and iron buckles, he grins. "Time for some, modifications."

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 24, 2015, 06:55:22 pm »
--Cargo Bay--

"I was thinking we'd need a bit flexibility in the craft we'll be taking along, so I thought I'd bring it along. Also," She smacked away all the items he was holding, "do not modify the Saint Rocket, if anyone's going to do it, it's going to be me! Or Richard, or Alex, but that's beside the point."

--Some Restaurant--

"Yeah, Lorena needs to own more than a few sets of clothing." She sighed, "Sadly we ended up buying plenty of extra materials for ship repairs."

"Hey, someone needs to take care our ship!" She grumbled, "Besides, it's money well spent, it's not like I don't know my ship."

She shakes her head giggling, "So what brings you to Cathedral, it's been a while hasn't it?"

--Galley--

"I'll stick to aircraft then, we wouldn't happen to have planes on board would we?"

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 24, 2015, 07:04:08 pm »
Cargo Bay

"I'll let that slide this once, Reagan. I've already had a bad morning to say the least. Just so you know, the modifications, happen to be for my squid and not your little rocket. I'm going to rig her up Marauder style. So, if you wouldn't mind, don't go and smack things around that you do not understand."

Galley

"No idea."

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 24, 2015, 07:08:59 pm »
--Galley--

He sighed, "I'll have a look around later then."

--Cargo Bay--

"Do not. Threaten me." She stood closer to him, "You can try to intimidate me but that's only going to get us into trouble. You should probably get started on whatever it is you're going to do." She takes a step back and turns. "Alright Commander, can you navigate this thing to the hanger?"

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 24, 2015, 07:16:22 pm »
Cargo Bay

"A remember Reagan, your not my superior on this expedition. So don't act like it. I'll afford you the same amount of respect you show me. Not more, not less." He turns back, and lugs the bags over to begin the first of the modifications. In truth, this won't take an hour."

Galley

"May as well familiarize yourself with the place."

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 24, 2015, 07:38:00 pm »
--Galley--

"I also need to find a cabin, probably best I do it before we get anymore surprise crew members." He stood from his spot, "Might as go do that now, I'll see you around the ship then." He leaves, hopefully he'll find a cabin before he gets lost and end up somewhere, like the bridge or something.

--Cargo Bay--

She sighed, some people, whatever happens she won't allow him to remain like that, still, probably best to give him a bit of space, not like she's an idiot after all.

--Captain's Quarters--

Amelia did not go about earning money in the harbor, instead building a little stand thing for Andromeda to perch on while she slept. It was a simple thing, four legs that held it stable and a branch to latch onto, maybe she should add a plate in case, that sounds like a good idea. She was interrupted by a knock on the door, was Reagan expecting something? She certainly wasn't, still if they were looking for the Captain she might as well them they're not around. She opened the door, finding the new guy standing there, looking baffled.

Davis just looked down at her, it was certainly within his luck for this happen.

"Are you looking for a cabin?" She was look far less angry at this moment, which was thankful. He looked inside to see what she was doing, seeing the half finished perch sitting on the floor.

"Well, I wouldn't want to take you away from your project."

She shrugged, "There are empty cabins just down the hall. Take the time to find one to your liking, they are empty after all."
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 07:45:24 pm by Piemanlives »

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 24, 2015, 07:52:18 pm »
Corridor

Alison has officially claimed the cabin nearest to the medical bay. She has done this, by hanging a sign claiming that anyone who goes into her room without permission, will receive a boot up their backside. "Alister better claim a cabin already."

Cargo Bay

Alister quickly loses his aggression as he is left to work on his squid. Within 15 minutes he has rigged up 8 harnesses attached to the railing on different parts of the ship. Now for the far more complicated modification. Grabbing another leather bag, as well as a full tool belt, he crawls under the ship.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 24, 2015, 09:13:00 pm »
Cargo Bay

With his one hand, Frey moves the lever back lifting the crane up. A lurch is heard as the metal strains a bit from the new weight but manages to hold. A few feet from the ground, he locks the arm in place and turns another lever to move the arm towards the main hanger. A tight squeeze, Frey manages to load the rocket craft inside. Slowly descending the arm, a quiet thud is heard as the craft touches the hull.

"She should be good in there. What you think Captain?"

Restaurant

"It has been," Courage starts, "But Bdr gave me sometime off to go on a vacation. Only thing he needs me todo is to ask your father Lorena for some of the old Anvalan Mercury's you may have in your warehouse."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 24, 2015, 09:20:54 pm »
Cargo Bay

Alister crawls out from under the squid, running a wire to an empty are of the helm. Once there, he begins to attach it to a extra lever.

Corridor

Alison sighs, knowing Alister, he'll be to absorbed in other things to fully settle into a cabin before the head out. Making a quick stop in the armory, she grabs his jacket and duffel bag. She then puts both in the nearest cabin, decently sized, if a tad spartan. She then goes off to try and find wherever he is on the ship.

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 25, 2015, 12:11:44 am »
--Restaurant--

"We can check, but we did sell a good number of them to the guard," Lorena sits in forward in her chair, "Dad's on a job right now so we'd have to ask later, should be back in a few hours. I know we have a few stored though, and we replaced the old merc on our ship with one only recently. I'll check later though."

Dahlia smiles at him. "It's good to see you again."

--Hanger Bay--

They managed to squeeze through the gap and from a cursory examination the craft looks absolutely fine. She runs through a few things, engine check, oil, surfaces. Things are in good working order and all well.

"Thank you Commander, the help is appreciated. Are you hungry by the way? We can grab something in the galley."

--Davis' Cabin--

It took him a while but he finally found himself a decent cabin where the bed would break his back through repeated usage. The was a desk bolted to the wall and a fair sized footlocker to store valuables, or his weapon, mostly his weapon. He stored a few changes of clothing and decided he should probably get a few more for the journey. It wasn't like these were the only clothes he owned, most of it was back at his residence and he just come back from a job so everything he had was close at hand. Definitely would have to go back and grab some extras, he sighed, he was actually proud of his little house, not especially upscale but it was nice and cozy with 3 bedrooms and a kitchen, a storage space, things a person would need, perks that someone coming home after being away for while on a dangerous job could appreciate, also helps that his sister occasionally came to visit from time to time when taking time off from her studies. He would have to write her a letter, maybe he should inquire about the communication back home if there was any, definitely have to ask that.

--Somewhere North of Cathedral, Wreckage of IAS Winthrop--

The crew had just landed and the ship in front of them was a mess, it didn't look picked over, far too many weapons still sitting about the wreckage, which meant this was indeed as recent as their client had said. Apparently the client had a shipment of rare wine and, while the entire crew thought the entire idea was stupid, was paying them to ensure the safety of the bottles and bring them to him. Alex was looking at a blueprint of the ship on a rock, Richard standing next to him.

"The bottles definitely wouldn't be in the cargo hold though we should check, fine wine would be stored somewhere cool and safe so maybe somewhere closer to the edge of the hull where the wind would keep it cool. Maybe this room here." He circled it on the blueprint. "What do you think Richard?"

"Well," He picked up the blueprint, "I think this man is arrogant and this entire job is a waste of time, lets have the crew begin salvaging the ship and you and I can just search through the rooms one by one. I doubt the bottles would have survived but we make the best of it." He also pulled out his old camera and opened a fresh box of film. "Also there's a place I saw while we were flying that looked it would have a good vantage point, mind if we check it out before we leave."

Alex shook his head. "Sure, try not to take long when we do. Travis!"

Travis came from where he was sitting and walked over. "Yeah Cap?"

"Take Preston and begin scouting out the ship, I want a list of everything we can scavenge. Tell your Brother that he and Phillip are on watch. Me and Richard are going to see if we can find those bottles of wine."

"Aye cap. Hey Reynold-" Alex didn't hear the rest as he and Richard entered the ship, the interior was mostly intact, which meant it was possible that the bottles had survived.

"Alright, lets check this side of the ship and head up a deck and check there, after wards we'll switch sides and head down and check the cargo bay." Richard nodded and the two of them began the search.

Elsewhere Travis and Preston were beginning their search.

"Hey Travis?"

"Yeah?" Travis said as he kicked over a pile of hull plating. Rifle in hand watching for stray beasts.

"If the Captain wants us to begin salvaging, do you think we check engineering first?" Preston was noting items of interest near by and wasn't looking at him. Already a large number of items had been written down, mostly cargo, though a few weapons were also marked down. "I think Lorena would appreciate it if we thought about the vessel a little bit while we're here."

Travis briefly thought it over. "Why not. If the vessel is about to explode at least we'll know right? Come on then, follow me."

"Thanks Travis." He waved up at Phillip and Reynold who were watching from on deck to tell them they were heading in now.
Phillip watched the two of them enter through the hole in the hull, Reynold was pulling his pair of binoculars behind him.

"Hey Phillip, I'll take first watch why don't you sit down, this is going to take some time." And it did, several hours in fact.