Author Topic: Flyable Icarus  (Read 20304 times)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
Re: Flyable Icarus
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2015, 08:25:06 pm »
destroyed

INCORRECT

It is assumed the Icarus was destroyed, but nobody knows what really happened to the thing.  Maybe the Pirates boarded it and killed Gabriel, maybe Gabriel somehow, through an impossible miracle, won, and is still exploring.

No actual time-line was given from the Birth of air (Gabriel) to current day happenings... Given the change in tech and design since the Icarus, I think we can safely say if ol' Gabe is still in the skies, he's pretty damn old now...

But I do love the fact it is assumed he's dead and the ship destroyed, this does leave it open to possibilities...

"We found the Icarus! Its legit! Though Gabe is gone its a bunch of raiders at the helm! You have to get that ship! Take her out as gently as possible!!!"
*Arms carronades.*

*looks at footage of every ship hit by a carro fish...

not even a hull left.

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2015, 08:18:19 am »
destroyed

INCORRECT

It is assumed the Icarus was destroyed, but nobody knows what really happened to the thing.  Maybe the Pirates boarded it and killed Gabriel, maybe Gabriel somehow, through an impossible miracle, won, and is still exploring.

No actual time-line was given from the Birth of air (Gabriel) to current day happenings... Given the change in tech and design since the Icarus, I think we can safely say if ol' Gabe is still in the skies, he's pretty damn old now...

But I do love the fact it is assumed he's dead and the ship destroyed, this does leave it open to possibilities...

"We found the Icarus! Its legit! Though Gabe is gone its a bunch of raiders at the helm! You have to get that ship! Take her out as gently as possible!!!"
*Arms carronades.*
Again, he fought a giant mass of disorganized pirates. They'd rather strip it for valuable parts than put lots of will, effort, and manpower to have a fancy big ship.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2015, 06:57:19 pm »
destroyed

INCORRECT

*Arms carronades.*
Again, he fought a giant mass of disorganized pirates. They'd rather strip it for valuable parts than put lots of will, effort, and manpower to have a fancy big ship.

Wouldn't YOU want a ship that could raze towns to the ground?

Offline David Dire

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2015, 03:37:56 pm »
destroyed

INCORRECT

*Arms carronades.*

They were clans and groups of pirates with headcounts of hundreds, even thousands. They wouldnt need a big fancy ship when they can have 300 small but effective ones bomb a town to rubble.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2015, 04:12:35 pm »
destroyed

INCORRECT

*Arms carronades.*

They were clans and groups of pirates with headcounts of hundreds, even thousands. They wouldnt need a big fancy ship when they can have 300 small but effective ones bomb a town to rubble.

Yes, but there weren't many people aboard the Icarus and it was far and away superior.  More bang for your buck, as it were.

Offline David Dire

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2015, 04:15:26 pm »
destroyed

INCORRECT

*Arms carronades.*

Yes, but there weren't many people aboard the Icarus and it was far and away superior.  More bang for your buck, as it were.
Again, after all the damage the pirates caused the Icarus, it would be a very hard task to rebuild it. It would take effort normal pirates wouldn't be willing to sacrifice.

Offline DrTentacles

• Salutes: 30
    • [GSR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2015, 08:27:12 pm »
A single, massive ship is far worse for piracy than multiple smaller ships. Much easier to hunt down, harder to do hit-and fade tactics with. Instantly recognizable. Takes crazy logistics to maintain. It's impractical on a number of levels.

Offline Saull

• Salutes: 4
    • [☥Ra☼]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2015, 10:25:11 pm »
*dusts off tin foil hat*
 Gabriel and the Icarus went down, sure, but Gabriel survived and either killed any pirates who got too curious about the Icarus for their own good or scoured the desert to search through the remains of the pirate ships that he personally littered the ground. Once he had gathered enough working parts he rebuilds what he can of the Icarus with mere scrap and a wrench as he was said to often have done and spends the rest of his life co-opting every brigand and mercenary he can into his guild of treasure hunters to further search through the Burrens for pre war technologies. Technologies that have been carefully distributed between the 6 rising factions in the decades after his initial flight so that his shadow guild could control the progress of the new age of airships and play the various sides of the conflict of course compromising certain moralities he may have once had and calling his legacy into question.  The Icarus has since been improved upon and possess boss ship abilities that make it impossible to destroy. You can only merely survive it. (Like the Stalker from warframe.) But who mans the helm of the fabled and feared Icarus? an aged Gabriel with a great big bushy beard or perhaps a son (ohhhh or a daughter; what a twist)

tl:dr Gabey lives and went crazy building a rouge nation of advanced badass ships and is a secret boss/side quest story line dealy

I will push this theory super hard.