Author Topic: The Legend of Mann.  (Read 166980 times)

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
The Legend of Mann.
« on: June 17, 2015, 03:35:16 am »
Within the walls of a tavern on the outskirts of the Fjord Baronies territory a crowd gathers around an old, badly damaged yet playable upright piano.

Amused by the encore of music, many depart and take seats at the tables dotted around the main room. Rum supply begins to deflate and more is consumed. Stories begin to be told.

(Random Person #1)"I heard another rumor today, Yeshan Galleons, entering the great Northern Fjords, annihilated by an unknown defender."

(Random Person #2)"How strange, I heard a similar tale not too long ago, same location accept this time, Spires, from the northern lands."

(Bard)"These are not tales. these are real events, seen them myself!"

The piano music begins to play faster, sharp and flats become more prominent. the mood of the music begins to become dark.

(Bard)"These are the works of the tyranny in the clouds. The Mann."

(Random Person #1) "Who is this 'Mann'.?"

The piano music stops as the Bard moves to the table to sit with the random people.

(Bard) "You hear these true tales and know no names? There are many tales of this Unknown Mann. Let us begin with my story."

*Anyone is welcome to make up a legendary story of The Mann. There will be no "Super Powers" Just happy people creating fun and interesting Role Play based on a legend. "Think of it like. Zorro.".*

*I have to admit I did not start his thread very well, it is meant to be role play so from now on, I will stop with myself making the story. Interrupt the Bards story and try to make the first encounter of the The Mann.*

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
Re: The Legend of Mann.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 05:28:11 am »
*Random Mercantile Guild operative sits at the table.*
I heard The Mann was a Tyrannical leader, who has his hands in the pockets of every government and leader! All orders come from The Mann  and there is only one way to defeat him...

We need to Stick It to The Mann!

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 05:43:22 am »
(Bard) Interesting.

Most tales I have heard describe The Mann as a lone captain and lost crew, attacking those who pass his lands in search for resources or colony expansion.

I suppose, based on the recent deaths of Yeshan Galleons and Northern Spires, you're right!

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 05:47:10 am »
"Of course I am right!" The operative says smugly.

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 07:47:20 am »
From the rafters, an Anglean wearing an overcoat reeking of blood, gunsmoke, sweat, and booze calls down.

"I've heard there's more than one Mann. That there is a whole fleet of 'em, all impersonating the original who lived over a century ago."

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 08:25:49 am »
"Who is this original Mann? What made their story so poweful, others tried to follow?"

"What did they look like?"

"More importantly, what did they do?"

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 08:36:43 am »
Rolling off the rafter, and landing a few feet away from the Bard, the Anglean grabs another bottle of booze and continues.

"Accounts of what he looked like differ, but they all agree he kept a stick or two of pink dynamite on his top hat. As for what he did, they say he carved out a small fiefdom for himself in the Firnfield area. Nobody knew his birth name, so called him by his chosen title, The Mann. They say he disoriented and distracted his enemies with a strange device that played various musics."

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 09:00:33 am »
"Fascinating!"

"So they essentially had their own kingdom..."

"I can see now why so many people speak of ships banishing en route past the Fjords."

"Maybe they wanted the land, many people speak of large concentrations of clouds in which mystery ships rose and descended faster than a squid can run away. Such cover would be perfect for large vessels such as Spires and Galleons."

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2015, 09:03:48 am »
The bard began to ponder, he returned to his piano and began to play some soft, contemplation music.

"Maybe, a person of great importance decided to attack?"

"The assassination of an important figure could be heard by all within a week. such news would be astonishing?"

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2015, 09:21:59 am »
"It could send armies against 'im!" the bard shouted as he missed a single note...

"Also... why did he have pink dynamite?"

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2015, 09:23:32 am »
Shaking his head, the Anglean continues with his tale.

"The Mann, the true, original Mann, went missing over a century ago. He went north, farther than any map shows. Some believe he went to expand his kingdom, others that he was getting old and tired and wanted a good death. Whichever it may be, the aftermath of his disappearance created a civil war in his kingdom. The Cult of The Mann, who was lead by a triarchy of high priests, fractured. Each high priest crowning himself the next Mann. And so a similar pattern has formed down the centuries. Each captain proclaiming himself, as The Mann. I've met a few who called themselves The Mann, but they also went by other names, fairly stupid ones at that. As for the dynamite, nobody knows. It may have just been a prop, or perhaps he was baiting fate, or he completely off of his rocker."

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2015, 09:33:34 am »
"T'is a shame, we know no more about this figure so many know of but have never seen."

The bard stopped playing the piano and became sad.

"Perhaps one day, someone will go on a quest to trace the Legends foot steps, who know what lands lie to the f'rever northern winds. Could their be sky beasts? I guess we shall never know..."

The bard sighs, and calls for 6 bottles of rums to share with the table of people.

"perhaps his land in the firnfelds has population, I wonder what knowledge such people would possess."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2015, 09:39:22 am »
"I've heard rumors that The Cult of The Mann still exists in those parts. They wait for their leader to return and lead them to paradise. Sometimes a False Mann will come to them and proclaim himself. After he fails to prove he is the True Mann, they burn him alive in a strange pink fire. This fire was supposedly lit by The Mann himself, and has not gone out since."

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2015, 09:41:15 am »
"Wow!" the bard became bewildered.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 02:45:55 pm »
"Most accounts agree on one very important detail. The Mann, was very fond of the color pink. As to why, nobody has a clue."