Author Topic: Make it rain coppers (looking through old GDD)  (Read 4353 times)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
Make it rain coppers (looking through old GDD)
« on: June 16, 2015, 11:29:54 pm »
So awhile ago I thought up a random game I wanted to be for android/phone devices.
In all likeliness it would be an app game, but ideally I always wanted as a widget to been on a desktop or home screen (just for addictiveness temptation).

The concept was simple and logically very simple to code. I can't remember the name I gave it, but I guess I'll be proud to name it "lobbies of Icarus" (I think I named it "press the button").

The idea is as follows.

In the middle of the screen is a big giant button. If you press it you get 1 free point. And via a randomiser which only picks times from 5 seconds to 1 hour (in factors of 5 seconds only), a timer will begin.

What you do is wait for the timer to tick down and time your press soo that you press it as close to 0 as possible. The points you get is based off how close you are to 0. Where exactly 0 gives you 100 points (for 100%). So your points are calculated by the hundredth of a second. Multiplied by the time waited. And then multiplied farther by your combo count.

so e.g. you get 97 points (thats you press at 0.03 seconds) with a times by 360 (thats 1 hour on the timer) times by 10 for your combo.

97x360x10=349200

And then add it to google store for a penny.

I guess now that its lobbies if Icarus now. I could make the button a big shiny ready button and then the unready button.

And make the near button press alert sound the match start sound effect. Yeah... wanted it to go in two directions free and open source and customisable (hence ppl could import mp3s to replace the alert sound and even the button itself) or a random viral challenge where I get paid in thousands of coppers.

... could it be the next flappy bird? Iunno. I'm too dumb to code it nor can I art well enough to create the assets. All I got is the idea.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 11:31:44 pm by Maximillian Jazzhand »

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
Re: Make it rain coppers (looking through old GDD)
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 01:51:36 pm »
Instead of Cookie Clicker, we'll have "7 year old who used their moms wallet to buy GoIO while screaming 'READDDYYUW!FEOJFHF*)WPRGFIGFUEGBI" and spamming the ready button while playing as all merc mobula then accusing the other team of cheating when he looses and saying his team sucks"