Author Topic: [This thread] is a complete disaster.  (Read 107408 times)

Offline Dr Brobotnik

• Salutes: 9
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
[This thread] is a complete disaster.
« on: June 14, 2015, 02:48:37 pm »
Yes, I know this have been said many times - but we just came from a game that was nothing but a senseless curb stomp. I feel sick to my stomach, and I really wonder what's gonna be done about all the newbies that get demolished because of team imbalance.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 04:48:16 pm by Queso »

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
Re: Matchmaking is a complete disaster.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 02:59:56 pm »
Its not your fault if your enemies fail to work together, and more often than not even newbies can perform excellently, as long as they communicate and co operate.

There is nothing muse can do to make people work together, and match maker already tries its best to avoid these things. Unless people would rather have wait times for as long as a match could take from start to finish.  Just because the MMR rating match them with someone already in a match.

The only thing that can be done is by the community, and that's encourage votes for rematch to scramble the teams and play against the people who cooperated well with you the round before.

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 03:00:22 pm »
Stomp harder.

Offline Dr Brobotnik

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 03:05:02 pm »
you could lock opting out of novice until they level a bit at least.

Offline Dr Brobotnik

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 03:22:13 pm »
CRAP. I just noticed that I posted this in the pit. This was supposed to be in the general discussion. It's a serious thread.
Kamboa, do yer job and move if for me pl0x?

Offline Major-Malice

• Salutes: 3
    • [✧¥E✧]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 03:25:56 pm »
While I know the matches set up can be one sided, particularly in realm of experience among captains and crew, I feel that its important to have these sort of mixing so that the new folks can learn what does and does not work. I mean, if they only pit vets against vets and newbies against newbies, then you are going to have a significant disparity between skill in the community that would be very difficult to  correct otherwise.

I know it can be discouraging for newer captains and crews to get rolled over in a match, but its the aftermath that is important: will the winning team give helpful tips at the end for improving or gloat? Will the newer players rage quit or take note on what happened and adapt, learn, and seek out some advice? It's all dependent on the player(s) themselves and the over all community that we as a whole want to have in the game.  :)

I don't know what the nature of your team imbalance was, be it experience, lack of crew, or people quitting in the game, but I'd like to think that the general idea behind what matchmaking does is good at its core as an idea. Maybe they could put in something to allow for a certain number of level matched games for a crew/captain before just flipping to random as it does currently?

Hope you have better luck in the next game dude. :(

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2015, 03:28:31 pm »
you could lock opting out of novice until they level a bit at least.

Not a plausible option, during off peak times, even during sales, there are nit enough novices online to fill more than a couple of lobbies, lock those players in a match maker that gives them nothing, they leave with a very negative feedback...
It also stops new players from playing with vet friends if they're locked into Novice, all things Muse wants to avoid for good reason.

Also I'm a CA not a moderator, its not my job to move threads :p

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2015, 03:36:47 pm »
And just to point out, I used to agree with the idea of locking Novice, but after discussion with the devs where I found out a different side of things I learnt about how important it is that novices are not fully locked in.

Also I will point out, Novice is much more locked in than it used to be, now it resets to novice if you opted out under certain circumstances and its only when MM cant put novices into a novice lobby aFter X time that MM puts them in a non-novice match, and this time period is quite long.

Offline Dr Brobotnik

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2015, 03:48:21 pm »
While I know the matches set up can be one sided, particularly in realm of experience among captains and crew, I feel that its important to have these sort of mixing so that the new folks can learn what does and does not work. I mean, if they only pit vets against vets and newbies against newbies, then you are going to have a significant disparity between skill in the community that would be very difficult to  correct otherwise.

I know it can be discouraging for newer captains and crews to get rolled over in a match, but its the aftermath that is important: will the winning team give helpful tips at the end for improving or gloat? Will the newer players rage quit or take note on what happened and adapt, learn, and seek out some advice? It's all dependent on the player(s) themselves and the over all community that we as a whole want to have in the game.  :)

I don't know what the nature of your team imbalance was, be it experience, lack of crew, or people quitting in the game, but I'd like to think that the general idea behind what matchmaking does is good at its core as an idea. Maybe they could put in something to allow for a certain number of level matched games for a crew/captain before just flipping to random as it does currently?

Hope you have better luck in the next game dude. :(

I was on the winning team. And I don't feel like a winner.

Offline RethBurn

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 71
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2015, 02:20:42 pm »
Moved your topic Dr. Should be in the General Discussions now.

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2015, 02:22:39 pm »
Has this EVER happened before? A thread moved OUT of the pit into a more serious setting?

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2015, 02:30:53 pm »
Somehow I doubt it Carn.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2015, 02:33:56 pm »
Has Queso ever done this much work on the forum before?

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2015, 02:35:31 pm »
He's done more work on the forum than on his gunning.

Look at his levels!

QUESO I NEED TO GUN ON YOUR SHIP AT SOME POINT

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2015, 02:40:47 pm »
He's done more work on the forum than on his gunning.

Look at his levels!

QUESO I NEED TO GUN ON YOUR SHIP AT SOME POINT

You don't want to gun on his ship... Even stamina wont give you arc. ;)

Jokes and banter aside..
I still stand to my above opinion.. There's not much that can be done from a practical point of view without major drawbacks.