Author Topic: The Bragging Thread  (Read 172396 times)

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: The Bragging Thread
« Reply #255 on: June 14, 2015, 02:33:39 pm »
I'd like to brag.

I played with Satchmo. We won without any milk.  8)

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #256 on: June 14, 2015, 03:40:49 pm »
Junker match gunning for Spoonninja, score 6-0 on a 2v2 8)

Offline Kendra Finegrinder

• Salutes: 7
    • [♦]
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 14, 2015, 04:47:09 pm »
I don't particularly care when it's one guy. What made this encounter special was that, after his entire ship jumped on board with these comments, eventually 9 out of the 16 people on blue team were saying this stuff to me. All because I said "yes we can hear you" and had a female voice. They were so overwhelmingly loud that it was impossible for me or any of my team to get a word in. My only response was to type to match chat, "Prepare to die." Of course this only made things worse for me, until we got in game. How we live in a world where 9 out of 16 men think it's okay to do this to someone I will never know.

..levels 30-22-8 and doesn't know about those marvelous "Block" and "Report" options...
And people wonder, why I scream that new players level too fast...

I just came back here to say this:

Although I do report people, I do not block people, in this game and any other game. I listen to what people have to say, even if it is disgusting, so that A) my righteous fury may be better fueled, B) can custom tailor more appropriate post-match taunting, and C) because I think ignoring negative things in almost any aspect of life is counterproductive to solving problems. Too MANY girls (and people in general) just ignore this kind of bullshit. Not saying ignore doesn't serve its purpose, and not saying everyone should (or can) thrive on conflict like I do, but I wanna be right there in the middle of it, fighting back.

I certainly don't "not know" about ignoring and reporting, dummy. =P
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 04:50:46 pm by Kendra Finegrinder »

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 15, 2015, 01:18:55 am »
*Puts on a helmet and hunkers down for the (possibly) impending Schwalbestorm.*

I think the name "Finegrinder" is quite appropriate, as you and your team made definite mincemeat out of the blue team, well done! :D

Offline DaOrks

• Salutes: 12
    • [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 15, 2015, 01:53:38 am »
I gotz the best name in dis game!

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 15, 2015, 03:43:41 am »

Bruh?  I have best name in game. Bow down before meh! 8)

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #261 on: June 15, 2015, 04:01:12 am »

And now we know the real origins of the HuMann versus Orcs war

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 15, 2015, 05:35:03 am »

And now we know the real origins of the HuMann versus Orcs war

I concur!  8)

Also, salute. o7

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 15, 2015, 06:51:37 am »

I just came back here to say this:

Although I do report people, I do not block people, in this game and any other game. I listen to what people have to say, even if it is disgusting, so that A) my righteous fury may be better fueled, B) can custom tailor more appropriate post-match taunting, and C) because I think ignoring negative things in almost any aspect of life is counterproductive to solving problems. Too MANY girls (and people in general) just ignore this kind of bullshit. Not saying ignore doesn't serve its purpose, and not saying everyone should (or can) thrive on conflict like I do, but I wanna be right there in the middle of it, fighting back.

I certainly don't "not know" about ignoring and reporting, dummy. =P

Ok - my mistake; and right, I had not read the post about reporting, but I can justify that by the fact, that recently I have internet connection problem (constant 16kbps uber alles) - I can read the forum, but can't reply; I read your story the day before, and wanted to write that before I forgot. I meant not disrespect, nor taunting. ^^ I'm just still shocked that there are, for example, engies level 20+ who STILL don't know how to repair pyramidion engines efficiently, so I became a bit paranoid.

Well, if that's what you believe is right, and not just lack of certain knowledge, then pardon me, and have a nice day. ^^ All I hope is, that you had not mistaken me for an arrogant male ape, because that's what fuels MY HOMICIDAL RAGE.

About C)... it's good attitude, reasonable. I find it terribly exhausting when people yell, and what's more, make me unable to think properly, to focus, give orders to my crew or discuss possible strategies with allies. So I block lots of people. And when somebody trashtalks me... I rage for only short periods of time in game, because my rich personal live experience taught me, that decisions, thinking and strategy does not go well with my berserk. Fiery character works wonders only for short term assignments, and may have rather bad consequences in long term sight.

I only wish you luck not to be branded "feminazist", as I was eventually branded "Polish nationalist of intelligence below average". :P Which is an absolute, menial bullshit.

This might be risky, but feel free to find me in the game, that might be an interesting match. ^^

@Koali - Schwalbestorm? Nah. The mistake was mine, and I was proven to be wrong, so why should I go stormin'? I only felt a bit attacked by Mazzic Kerde

@Mazzic Kerde - my respect is something that must be EARNED at first. That's why my respect means anything - I don't give it cheap. I've shown no disrespect, nor respect, for I had no reason to do so. As I said - I thought she had no clue about those, and that was a wrong assumption.
Edit: About my levels; I feel experienced not because of my levels, more because of my matches played count. And still I don't claim I know this game through. -.-

About bragging:
I've finally achieved something near peace, despite the awareness of the coming storm.
And some of my recent stories (duo - The Coming and The Atrophy) are quite positively received by readers, though I feel those are definitely the easiest ones. ^^
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 07:15:11 am by Schwalbe »

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 15, 2015, 07:37:35 am »
And some of my recent stories (duo - The Coming and The Atrophy) are quite positively received by readers, though I feel those are definitely the easiest ones. ^^

NOT the easiest ones, ffs... (sorry for double post, couldn't edit my post)

Offline Kurtos

• Salutes: 0
    • [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 04, 2015, 01:58:16 pm »
Gather 'round and I will tell you a story of great justice against ultimate stupidity.

I've been playing this game for, I don't know, the middle of May I think - whenever that recent steam sale happened. Not very long, I know, so I guess I don't really know what the community here is like when there aren't steam sales happening. All I can tell you is that it has been a hit or miss experience for me, insofar as some lobbies are completely chill and others are full of random people saying really awful things to each other.

So one guy from blue team asks to match if we can hear him, as he's testing his mic. I respond like a normal person and say, "Yes we can hear you," on x chat. Hearing my voice is apparently enough to get someone else from blue team to proceed to call me a slut, say that I'm unoriginal because of my ship name (the Lusty Argonian Maid - an obscure Elder Scrolls reference), and you know, a bunch of other very graphic stuff that I'm guessing would be a violation of terms of service to even describe here.

I don't particularly care when it's one guy. What made this encounter special was that, after his entire ship jumped on board with these comments, eventually 9 out of the 16 people on blue team were saying this stuff to me. All because I said "yes we can hear you" and had a female voice. They were so overwhelmingly loud that it was impossible for me or any of my team to get a word in. My only response was to type to match chat, "Prepare to die." Of course this only made things worse for me, until we got in game. How we live in a world where 9 out of 16 men think it's okay to do this to someone I will never know.

Match starts and I then proceed to get on captains chat. I informed the other 3 captains, with special attention placed on the two level 1 pilots, that we were going to (expletive deleted) the other team up their (expletive deleted), and they were to do exactly as I say and let me call the shots. ieatbugs was down for it, one of the level 1's responds with a yes ma'am, other level 1 is silent but apparently responsive, as he did everything I asked.  It was Red Sepulcher, so I demanded they do not go through the pass for any reason, even to chase down a dying ship, that we would stay in the red spawn the entire time. I'm sure I don't have to tell you how difficult it is to convince level 1 pilots to use a cautious strategy like that, but miraculously, they didn't chase enemies at all.

So the match pretty much went like this where cat = red team:

Every target I called they targeted. ieatbugs got in trouble one time and we rescued him, but otherwise it went incredibly smoothly. My ship was utterly unstoppable (junker with meta one side, all artemis other side), and I am sure we got at least half the kills, including the winning kill. I spoke harshly to my team, but rewarded them with praise when things went well - which was most of the time.

In the end, we won the match 12 - 0. Finished it off with taunting to the other team that I probably shouldn't repeat, got the last word, and never heard from those guys again.

Felt good man.

Having read your post in entirety, i'm glad to hear they got put in their place, it's more people like you we need who are willing to stand up to misogynistic male pigs whom label themselves as men but are merely boys masquerading as such.
Well done for setting an example your approach can only encourage more like minded females to play and continue playing this game and many others.

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 11, 2015, 01:58:04 pm »
Not bragging about the game, but...

I've recently made the best trade of my entire life; I bought custom, hand made bass guitar originally built for 12k PLN for something around four times less money, and this bass is not only gorgeous as fuck, but also it's sound and ergonomy fucking crashes anything I had in my hands; Full story about how it fell in my hands in this post, if someone's interested.

Some more detailed photos of it:

PS: This one I named "Aneta". Though I'm not going to baptise it. :P

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 11, 2015, 03:04:57 pm »
It's beautiful

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 11, 2015, 03:12:13 pm »
It's beautiful

One of the reasons of my bragging. ^^

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 11, 2015, 05:50:18 pm »
I'm no musician, but that looks like your new baby.