Author Topic: 4 VS 4 Balloons Needs To Be Gone  (Read 33199 times)

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
Re: 4 VS 4 Balloons Needs To Be Gone
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2015, 11:54:44 am »
Maybe if one of the easier maps was unlocked to novices it would help, however most of the Crazy King and King of the hill maps are considered "advanced" either due to the amount of obstacles, difficult routes or damages done to ships during play.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2015, 11:56:48 am »
We need something in between novice games and advanced matches. Some place where people could experiment with their first loadouts and learn how to ptfo on CP/CK. Like a 2nd novice zone for people below lvl15ish

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2015, 11:57:50 am »
Or an "easy" crazy king / king of the hill...

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2015, 12:00:34 pm »
If novices don't get a cp or ck map to play, they won't be able to learn it until they graduate.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2015, 12:01:05 pm »

My idea is being loved?  ;D

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2015, 12:12:27 pm »

My idea is being loved?  ;D

Oh yes, just wracking my brains for the easiest and most viable way for such a thing to be implemented :)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2015, 12:48:45 pm »
I definitely suggested to muse that novice pilots shouldnt be allowed to play cp...
and definitely not crazy king.

Its just constantly embarrassing when they play and fly their precious noob galleon... and even if they did have a ship that can move... they dont know to how actually use that kindergarten education to seek out points. I mean they can barely play death match...

however... pilots at about lvl 10+ has much more competence and showing the beginnings of tactical thinking. A lvl 10 pilot understands why they lost a cp. A novice pilot does not.

Lets face it. If I'm using novice pilots to grind point captures (and cp wins) because i know I'm basically gonna get the points unopposed.... there's definitely a flaw in the system.

I don't think banning them is the answer, perhaps a "Small King" (2v2 crazy king) for novices may be good so that they can practice in smaller number.

Apart from this, its nice to see new players (albeit Newbies) playing in big games. I normally try to help them by telling them to read the objectives under the map. that way, they have a slight understanding.

On the other hand, I was on a newbies ship on King of the Flayed Hills the other day with a friend. We both tried to advise the captain but they constantly ignored us and treated the game as a Death Match. This lack of understanding may be the cause of confusion.

There is a small king. Its called king of the hill.

They can't even play that. How do you think I grinded 18 cp wins in a day? 8 of which were underdog.

In a novices mind, all they know is death match. Its only until they master that part do they bother branching out into other modes.

Its very consistent. Out of the 30 matches on lab. It was the lvl 10s and 15s that gave me trouble by ACTUALLY going to the point instead of attacking me while I drew them away. They learned by match end and when I faced them again I had to actually be serious since they knew the rules. (do note this is only about 8ish out of 60 pilots- rest were the noobs or vs a vet)

No novice player ever thought to follow the big shiny light. When I saw repeat novices, they fell for the same tricks over and over.

It was pathetic.

Weren't people in novice matches limited to only Battle on the Dunes and Fight over Firnfeld, DM style?

I think novices should be able to play King of the Hill/Capture Point as it introduces a mechanic which so many inexperienced players don't seem to know anything of. Once they havethat down, they can actually be somewhat helpful in crazy king, even on the scale of 4v4.

That was the intention of lab.

clearly hasnt worked if you think many inexperienced players dont seem to know anything. But yes I agree on keeping lab as a teaching tool for novices (hence keep king of the hill).

Just don't let them go crazy king until they have half a brain full of experience. Moving from point to point in alphabetical is too hard to fathom for them.

I'm appalled to say that people are that dumb, but its so true.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 01:01:42 pm by Maximillian Jazzhand »