Author Topic: 4 VS 4 Balloons Needs To Be Gone  (Read 32179 times)

Offline Legato Bluesummers

• Salutes: 4
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
4 VS 4 Balloons Needs To Be Gone
« on: June 04, 2015, 11:58:49 am »
There are way to   many problems with 4v4 in this game.  I've been playing this game from the beginning  and here are the two major problems with 4v4. First and foremost it takes too long to get all these people in one lobby. When we could be spending our time queuing for 2v2 or 3v3. Not only does a 4v4 games take forever to win because the players are undecisive but it does not have that much to offer in variety for game modes and maps.

When I play I make sure I don't do 4v4 because it takes forever and its not fun nor will it ever be.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 12:26:52 pm by Legato Bluesummers »

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: 4 VS 4 Balloons Needs To Be Gone
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 12:09:40 pm »
(Speaking as someone who used to play a lot of this game before interning at Muse): 4v4 is the most fun when you get a lot of people looking to play that mode specifically. It requires a lot of communication from captains who specifically are looking for something more akin to a fleet battle than a brawl. It is certainly a slower mode, where you see more broadside guns and back line Galleons. This is why the matchmaker lets you search for specific numbers of ships, because they are very different modes. While you might not enjoy one in particular, a 4v4 is a lot of fun with the right captains.

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 12:19:04 pm »
Then it should only be in the custom games or have the default setting to be 3v3. Because this game mode is not made to just start up with a lot of random people who do not know how to play the game at this leave. 

Also it would make it easier for beginners to get into games and learn.

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 12:23:10 pm »
Then it should only be in the custom games or have the default setting to be 3v3. Because this game mode is not made to just start up with a lot of random people who do not know how to play the game at this leave. 

Yeah, that's called an opinion.

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 12:31:10 pm »
I mean when you hit the play button on default it will look for 3v3 or 2v2 games only. Then if you want to do 4v4 you would have to go into the options to look for those games.

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 12:33:20 pm »
I mean when you hit the play button on default it will look for 3v3 or 2v2 games only. Then if you want to do 4v4 you would have to go into the options to look for those games.

You shouldn't worry about noobs unless they affect you.

It's their fault for not learning anything about a multiplayer game whatsoever before jumping in.

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 12:34:49 pm »
You can set your match preferences to exclude 4v4 you know.

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 12:43:31 pm »
You can set your match preferences to exclude 4v4 you know.

I know... this is to help out the beginners because what is the point of having a few people who know how to play the game without a community.

When they first start playing the game they don't know any better then to just hit the play button then there in a 4v4 and they really don't know what there doing. Its not only a problem for them but its also a problem for the people who know how to play.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 12:49:26 pm »
So lock novices out of 4v4. Personally I like 4v4 matches. They are infinitely more interesting then 2v2. But I can understand your point. However unless they are piloting, I don't see as much of an issue.

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 01:00:14 pm »
So lock novices out of 4v4. Personally I like 4v4 matches. They are infinitely more interesting then 2v2. But I can understand your point. However unless they are piloting, I don't see as much of an issue.

I heard that they got rid of novice a long time ago so that is why this is a problem now. But if they brought it back to where novice players could not do 4v4 on default that would be great.

Also if they did bring back novice they should make it to where you will be a novice until you are a lv. 8 pilot.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 01:06:11 pm by Legato Bluesummers »

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2015, 01:06:24 pm »
I don't know if they got rid of novice. I didn't hear anything about that, but I don't keep track on novice level stuff.

Offline DrTentacles

• Salutes: 30
    • [GSR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2015, 01:17:43 pm »
Novice still exists.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2015, 01:19:44 pm »
There are novice matches. I like 4v4 deathmatch. It can be overwhelming but most tend to like it as long as it's not a stomp.

I don't think novice should be blocked from 4v4 because I regularly bring in novice crew. I've had many engaging novice co pilots who are fun to fly with.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 01:36:39 pm by BlackenedPies »

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2015, 01:38:02 pm »
Novice still exists.
  I gave on of my friends a copy and he said that there was no novice unchecked option and when i look for games there are a lot of novice players I'm playing with. So what? Are u telling me that all of them unchecked the novice option when this game went on sale? I don't think so.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2015, 01:41:01 pm »
Many players including myself signed up to be able to join novice matches during the sale, and I still have the ability. There are always plenty of open novice matches.

A possibility is that because no one votes rematch in novice matches, it puts some crew forms into regular matches.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 01:45:04 pm by BlackenedPies »