Author Topic: "Mute-Everyone-Except-Friends"  (Read 22931 times)

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: "Mute-Everyone-Except-Friends"
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2015, 02:15:25 pm »
Unfortunately Lobbies of Icarus is a thing of the past

You can still participate in timer free lobbies of Icarus. The timer is the second best feature they implemented after recommended loadouts (albeit bugged at first). The timer has since been fixed and can be perpetually delayed by all 4 captains.

Don't kid yourselves, lobbies of Icarus was bad for the game and was listed as the #1 problem by Muse.

There is plenty of time to communicate with crew and team. You don't need more than 2 minutes, otherwise you're just wasting time. I love the timer.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 02:20:00 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2015, 02:25:15 pm »
Plenty of time if you get the full two minutes, which if you play in custom lobbies with friends, yup you get, but hit pub matches and its a very different scene. Put your trust into match maker and 50% of my matches are after map vote with 30 seconds on the timer.

Still I manage to make do myself.. But I can understand why others would be peeved at the lack of time.
2minutes is the rare side and the ideal world, which is experienced by the minority of the player base.....

On the flip side of the coin, during sales the bulk of the player base prefer having 0 wait time.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2015, 02:57:48 pm »
You always get at least a minute which is plenty to decide ship and crew loadouts. If you ask someone to add time or unready they usually will so you have at least 1.5 minutes. Any extra is wasting time, which is ok but people often don't like waiting.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 03:14:36 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline HuntingForTea

• Salutes: 0
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2015, 07:40:33 pm »
It would be great if it was just push to mute. You could hold one key to mute everyone except friends and another for just your team. The main thing is it would be momentary and not like a block feature.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2015, 08:12:48 pm »
You always get at least a minute which is plenty to decide ship and crew loadouts. If you ask someone to add time or unready they usually will so you have at least 1.5 minutes. Any extra is wasting time, which is ok but people often don't like waiting.

It sound a little unrealistic to me. One minute to
a) at least glance at loadout of every other ship
b) recommend loadouts
c) in many cases of playing with randoms wait for that unresponsive uncommunicative turd to respond or at least take the loadout
d) discuss positions/strategy
etc.

btw. I love watching timer. It's like 124, 30, 58, 109.... full random

It would be great if it was just push to mute. You could hold one key to mute everyone except friends and another for just your team. The main thing is it would be momentary and not like a block feature.

It was my whole POINT for it to be temporary. Perhaps press a button for 30 sec mute.