Author Topic: Map achievements  (Read 6676 times)

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
Map achievements
« on: May 24, 2015, 10:53:46 am »
Okay so everyone who plays this game for a week knows the layout of dunes right? I think it would be interesting if, when you get the map achievement for a specific map, you could play that map in practice mode. There are a few advantages 1) In maps like Paritan, it could give newer or less skilled pilots a place to practice, without the worry of some vet coming around a corner and tearing them apart. 2) Competitive teams who know what map they will be playing on, can practice playing it in advance. They would be able to come up with new tactics for a specific spot, for example. And 3) We'd have a better chance at finding all those easter eggs!

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Map achievements
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 11:49:27 am »
This is a very good Idea, I would like to be able to explore and practice on all maps.

Offline Mr.Bando

• Salutes: 4
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 04:38:42 pm »
to be able to choose maps on practice mode is easier to organise that kind of map exploration without needing others to fill the other ship slots

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 05:25:03 pm »
I mean lets face it, Dunes is designed to be the easiest to fly on. I'd like to be able to practice flying where there's a bit more of a challenge from the terrain, and not have to worry about some rydr ship ambushing me.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 05:32:58 pm »
This has been suggested before, and the Devs, as well as most of the community, are in favor of it. It's on their to-do list

Edit: I didn't actually read the OP, I just assumed it was another "all maps in practice mode" thread.The Devs are planning on adding all maps to practice mode, being tied to achievements isn't an idea I've heard before.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 05:36:20 pm by DJ Logicalia »

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2015, 05:35:16 pm »
Sweet, thank you. I was not aware.

Offline nanoduckling

• Salutes: 116
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 07:42:13 am »
This idea always gets my vote, although not tied to achievements. A fair few crews could have avoided me constantly flying into every building in Paritan at top speed if I could have practised my blenderfish a bit on that map. Now they just have to put with me hitting every building in Paritan at 1/4 speed.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2015, 09:24:04 am »
Even though I've asked on fireside, emailed it and posted it on forums, I'm all for saying it again....
Bring more maps to practice mode....