Author Topic: What would a fully constructed Leviathan look like?  (Read 44760 times)

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
Re: What would a fully constructed Leviathan look like?
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2015, 08:52:24 pm »
*clears throat.*
Just one little note I would like to make here...

Muse have been asking the community to submit player written lore, and some of the theories within this thread would make for incredible tales, it wouldn't hurt to write these theories as stories then email them to feedback@musegames.com its quite likely is Eric likes the story and thinks it fits, it will be the story. :)

Wow! I should ask more world related questions more often  ;)

And still the cantina is dead.

T'is NOT! I happen to run an RP thread there!

Except that my thread seems to be the only active one there.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2015, 09:38:32 pm »
Like Castle Wulfenbach:

500+ meters tall. 2000+ meters long.

This thing was a floating town.

So it IS Castle Wulfenbach!

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2015, 11:35:42 pm »
Like Castle Wulfenbach:

500+ meters tall. 2000+ meters long.

This thing was a floating town.

So it IS Castle Wulfenbach!

I really like the graphical representation Richard! Nice Work!  :D

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2015, 11:39:32 pm »
Maybe? the age of flying was caused by the Leviathan.

Most maps appear apocalyptic but, maybe this is because of the immense amount of Fuel, Metal and Other important elements needed to make the goliath operational.

This can explain why ships are small and crews are few. Why wastelands are desolate and the trees are all but small bushes here and there...  :o

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2015, 11:41:03 pm »
So someone turned most of the PLANET into an airship? Dayum, son.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2015, 11:48:31 pm »

Most maps appear apocalyptic but, maybe this is because of the immense amount of Fuel, Metal and Other important elements needed to make the goliath operational.

This can explain why ships are small and crews are few. Why wastelands are desolate and the trees are all but small bushes here and there...  :o

This could also be the reason why the Leviathan appears to have crashed - a lack of resources to function unless;

Surely a ship of such size will need a big gun... to... shoot down.

Why is there a massive gun on the Firnfield?

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2015, 12:00:28 am »
They have guns. Two very large flak, by the look if them, and many empty ports. But it was likely used to transport the giant gun as well.

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2015, 12:07:40 am »
And when they actually fired it... The recoil tore a hole in something?

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2015, 12:31:02 am »
Wow.  :o

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2015, 02:04:08 am »

There are forests and trees in the world. The game engine just can't handle them.

Ridge forest, the Millersweald, Altwood, then pretty much all of Chaladon. There is lots of green. We just can't judge the world based on content Muse hasn't created or can't create. I think we asked them about making a Ridge Forest map and the answer was pretty much it being too complex for the engine. That isn't to say it couldn't be done. Just have to figure out how to draw really crappy trees and lots of them. Or turn a cloud green and put some sticks under it. No having to draw leaves. Then add collision boxes for it so people can't go into it.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2015, 02:10:33 am »

There are forests and trees in the world. The game engine just can't handle them.

Ridge forest, the Millersweald, Altwood, then pretty much all of Chaladon. There is lots of green. We just can't judge the world based on content Muse hasn't created or can't create. I think we asked them about making a Ridge Forest map and the answer was pretty much it being too complex for the engine. That isn't to say it couldn't be done. Just have to figure out how to draw really crappy trees and lots of them. Or turn a cloud green and put some sticks under it. No having to draw leaves. Then add collision boxes for it so people can't go into it.

I did not know that, will have a read through the lore later.  :-[

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2015, 02:58:11 am »

I did not know that, will have a read through the lore later.  :-[

The world is not all desert or ruins, like Gilder said, there is still vegetation.

Here is a visual just in case.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2015, 06:09:40 am »
Wow!  :o

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2015, 11:51:07 pm »

This could also be the reason why the Leviathan appears to have crashed - a lack of resources to function unless;

Surely a ship of such size will need a big gun... to... shoot down.

Why is there a massive gun on the Firnfield?

Because Firnfeld is guns of icarus midgar/junon.

well its near some sorta cost... so junon it is.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2015, 01:44:37 am »
Well what we know of Firnfeld is Anglea raids it. I kinda assume Firnfeld as a wild west kind of place because if Anglean society is based on Viking, then the greatest punishment would be exile. Hence to Firnfeld. Which then makes them ripe for Anglea to extort supplies from them. Especially if gangs in Firnfeld raid elsewhere. We know Anglea raids as far as Chaladon but it would be easier for them to just waltz into a coastal port of Firnfeld and demand tribute.

I go into this setup a bit in the VN's Anglean arc. It did lead to some interesting potential to what would happen if Firnfeld ever unified. Didn't go that far though, just left an idea of it.