Author Topic: What would a fully constructed Leviathan look like?  (Read 44740 times)

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: What would a fully constructed Leviathan look like?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2015, 12:15:02 pm »
As an aside the one on scrap at least has a floor with what looks like expensive carpet - added by the Sylkans to decorate the pride of their fleet?

Going off the earlier "Yesha's Origin" theory, maybe they were simply personal aircraft for super-duper-ultra-mega-giga-important people.

Like Castle Wulfenbach:

This image can certainly provide an insight as to how the ships may have travelled and what position. (facing upwards or on its side)

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2015, 12:19:17 pm »
I'll take some measurements ingame and make an image or model to approximate the size of the ship. The size in that image may be accurate.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2015, 12:28:39 pm »
I'll take some measurements ingame and make an image or model to approximate the size of the ship. The size in that image may be accurate.

That would be amazing! Thank you!

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2015, 04:20:06 pm »
Based on a search for Leviathan on this forum, I thought I would ask through curiosity.

What would a fully constructed Leviathan look like?

obviously, there is a massive crash site on the Dunes but, there is also a massive cannon on the Firnfield. Is there a connection?

What would such a beast look like airborne?

Also I'd like to point out the GoIO Leviathan is really stupid as it's frame looks to be made up of a heavy metal, something like steel. Which basically means unless it had another balloon sticking out of it's sides the same size as the Leviathan it wouldn't even glide.

Which is probably why it crashed.

Seriously the absurd physics of the game destroy any logical lore.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2015, 04:26:09 pm »

My God! I cracked it! No wonder the Sky-Whales are no more!

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2015, 05:20:58 pm »
The one issue I can think of with the Naut being pre-war is that it means the tech was just sitting there out in the open, much easier to find than Gabe's designs in Paritus. If it was prewar, all someone would have to do is look at the wreak and then build from that. Also judging the time frame since the old world, the sands should have covered more of it.

However, lets assume it is old world. Where is the rest of it? We're only seeing a small segment of the larger vessel. With the amount of metal it has, it couldn't have all burned up.

So we've got possibilities for scavengers, say Nalm and Sylka have been pillaging it for their cities. That is one idea as to why we don't have more of it left.

Another is, perhaps not all of it broke off over the dunes. If we consider Dunes and Duel at Dawn two different areas then what we have is part of it breaking off over the dunes and the other part at where Duel at Dawn is. This means that perhaps the ship was more segmented in design, not one complete superstructure. It would have had multiple ballast systems for each segment. So it could lose one part of the ship and still stay in the air.

Given the level of tech for it and the geographic location, if it was a multi segmented ship, perhaps it's origin is Anglea. They have a lot of advanced tech there that is buried. Perhaps the naut was an early find that kickstarted their nation. Who would want to move to Anglea unless there was good reason? Finding something like the naut, would be good reason. Maybe Angleans used it as an early raiding platform until it was taken out? Like their own helicarrier in the sky. Hard to say.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2015, 02:47:16 am »
The one issue I can think of with the Naut being pre-war is that it means the tech was just sitting there out in the open, much easier to find than Gabe's designs in Paritus. If it was prewar, all someone would have to do is look at the wreak and then build from that. Also judging the time frame since the old world, the sands should have covered more of it.

However, lets assume it is old world. Where is the rest of it? We're only seeing a small segment of the larger vessel. With the amount of metal it has, it couldn't have all burned up.

So we've got possibilities for scavengers, say Nalm and Sylka have been pillaging it for their cities. That is one idea as to why we don't have more of it left.

Another is, perhaps not all of it broke off over the dunes. If we consider Dunes and Duel at Dawn two different areas then what we have is part of it breaking off over the dunes and the other part at where Duel at Dawn is. This means that perhaps the ship was more segmented in design, not one complete superstructure. It would have had multiple ballast systems for each segment. So it could lose one part of the ship and still stay in the air.

Given the level of tech for it and the geographic location, if it was a multi segmented ship, perhaps it's origin is Anglea. They have a lot of advanced tech there that is buried. Perhaps the naut was an early find that kickstarted their nation. Who would want to move to Anglea unless there was good reason? Finding something like the naut, would be good reason. Maybe Angleans used it as an early raiding platform until it was taken out? Like their own helicarrier in the sky. Hard to say.

Wow! This could also give reference to a potential shape as the Spire is an upwards facing vessel.

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2015, 02:49:05 am »
I must say, this is the longest I have managed to actually keep a thread alive and everyone's contributions so far have been amazing.

It's like a mystery we are trying to solve.

Everyone has a different form of evidence to help build up a general Idea. I love it!   :D

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2015, 04:43:55 am »
Spire in my book is totally a city defense ship. The design is just not optimal for trade or for long distance travels. It's options for berthing would be extremely limited and not all ports would likely be able to handle a Spire. But if mounted in a vertical berthing, it could sit there ready to launch at any time. Should emergencies arise it just rises up, obliterates foes, then settles back down.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2015, 07:28:21 am »
If you look off in the distance near the northern section of Duel you can see the crash site on Dunes.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2015, 09:54:11 am »
Spire in my book is totally a city defense ship. The design is just not optimal for trade or for long distance travels. It's options for berthing would be extremely limited and not all ports would likely be able to handle a Spire. But if mounted in a vertical berthing, it could sit there ready to launch at any time. Should emergencies arise it just rises up, obliterates foes, then settles back down.

In the lore it says it's a Fjordlander defense ship.  It chills out innthe cramped valleys and stuff, and acts like a floating turret.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2015, 04:18:57 am »
*clears throat.*
Just one little note I would like to make here...

Muse have been asking the community to submit player written lore, and some of the theories within this thread would make for incredible tales, it wouldn't hurt to write these theories as stories then email them to feedback@musegames.com its quite likely is Eric likes the story and thinks it fits, it will be the story. :)

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2015, 06:24:23 am »
*clears throat.*

Muse have been asking the community to submit player written lore, and some of the theories within this thread would make for incredible tales, it wouldn't hurt to write these theories as stories then email them to feedback@musegames.com its quite likely is Eric likes the story and thinks it fits, it will be the story. :)

Wow! I should ask more world related questions more often  ;)

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2015, 06:33:31 pm »
500+ meters tall. 2000+ meters long.

This thing was a floating town.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2015, 08:17:01 pm »
*clears throat.*

Wow! I should ask more world related questions more often  ;)

And still the cantina is dead.