Author Topic: The first Clan that you joined?  (Read 36010 times)

Offline Lieutenant Noir

• Salutes: 17
    • [❤™]
    • View Profile
The first Clan that you joined?
« on: May 18, 2015, 05:44:05 am »
Pretty simple title,
What clan did you first join when you started playing this game, and why did you leave?

With many clans today disbanding, I thought it nice to commemorate the clans that have a deep rooted place in our hearts.

Mine was the Tombstone soldiers but I left after realizing that they were inviting anyone they could find.

Offline Riggatto

• Salutes: 60
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: The first Clan that you joined?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 10:10:50 am »
The first clan I joined was Zills Merry Men, which I am still in, despite having left once at an attempt at competitive play

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 10:34:43 am »
First clan was FOTV or Flight of the Valkaries. Little clan with some funny players.
however, they are all but one now as many are never online so a few months ago, I left.

After many years as a lone sailor, I was greeted by The Bards.

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 182
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Official Website!
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 11:23:51 am »
I don't join clans.

I make them.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 12:16:24 pm »
ɆⱣƗҀ.

Because clans were updated to have to include 5 members.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 12:17:43 pm »
I don't join clans.

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 12:18:14 pm »
I don't join clans.

It says right here your clan is "Salute"

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 01:17:15 pm »
I didn't join Salute! Clan, Salute! clan joined me.
Proof:
http://gunsoficarus.com/community/forumarchive/discussion/comment/11209#Comment_11209
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 01:21:55 pm by HamsterIV »

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 02:44:23 pm »
Me and my 2 IRL friends I bought the game with made an RvB clan before the big clan update. It was only us in it, and we never remade it after the update.

Eventually, one May evening about a year ago, I discovered a single, music wielding Canadian, followed him around for a while, and the rest is history.

Fun fact for some of you new bloods, The Bards were originally [MUS] Musicians n Groupies.

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 02:55:54 pm »
Me and my 2 IRL friends I bought the game with made an RvB clan before the big clan update. It was only us in it, and we never remade it after the update.

Eventually, one May evening about a year ago, I discovered a single, music wielding Canadian, followed him around for a while, and the rest is history.

Fun fact for some of you new bloods, The Bards were originally [MUS] Musicians n Groupies.

Ah yes, back in the days when seeing a MUS tag meant an insta-block because then your MO was micspam in lobbies.  ;)

When I first started playing with my boyfriend and roommate, some random other newbs in one of our first matches invited us to their clan, Communist Sky Pandas.  They all stopped playing in pretty short order, and I left thinking of becoming a Gent.  Before I was fully initiated, Dutch Vanya, noting that I was already even wearing spring green (it was destiny), invited me to join Clan Clan and here I am!

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2015, 07:53:27 pm »
I will always hold the Baron's Pub group close to my heart. They were a tf2 server that had one of the strongest online communities I have ever been a part of. It was a shame to see it fall apart years ago. Still have a ton of friends from there though. They were the first people I played GoIO with.

The first real clan tag I wore though was the Muse tag. Never properly joined a clan. I was an honorary Grim though for a while. Clans are never really my speed. There will always be people in them that I don't want to be around, and always be people I like that others don't. I'd rather just have friends and call it a day.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2015, 11:15:38 pm »
First joined a clan named MLGD named after the community I hailed from.

It died and I founded my own clan, named .hack. Tagged [.hax]

It was later renamed [AI] when I realised how dumb and gullible people were back in the day when AIs looked like players.

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2015, 11:50:20 pm »
Didn't people notice that most AI aren't called Ceresbane?

Anyhoo, I took on the tag of [SLUG] when I met Cheeseness and his all Artemis Mobula. That was an interesting match, where we sniped components from miles away but dealt no real damage. Thing is, it's Steam Linux User Group, but I'm on a Mac.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2015, 02:23:20 am »
Recruited by Smollet and Frogger.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2015, 03:42:26 am »
Helped found The Bully Boys and BFS, never left, they just play other games now. Can thank Muse for that...sigh

If you want to go back to first clan ever joined, thats easy. Clan MacAddict, Omega Squad. Good ole UT99 days. Was actually active there till the magazine went to hell and became too hip for forums or crazed Mac gamers. Sad day, I almost had made 10k on my postcount too. Led a brief start up of a Ghost Recon division while in it. Entered one tournament but members flaked so, that was the end of that. Now I game on PC and find Macs shoddy pieces of used teepee and find most Mac users not much better. Granted there are some decent folk still but when Apple got hip, the global Mac User community shifted with it. From quirky weirdos with hardware superiority complexes to superiority complexes who need to pay quirky weirdos to figure out where the power button is.