Author Topic: Engineer Stamina (.... meh)  (Read 12713 times)

Offline The Sky Wolf

• Salutes: 43
    • [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
Re: Engineer Stamina (.... meh)
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2015, 12:14:54 pm »
So far engineer stamina has definitely proven itself awesome for galleons and mobulas because of the long hallways you have to sprint through. Though I will say engineers should have least like 3x more stamina though, because who gets tired that quickly?

Offline MagKel

• Salutes: 53
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood of GOIO
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2015, 06:20:24 pm »
So far engineer stamina has definitely proven itself awesome for galleons and mobulas because of the long hallways you have to sprint through. Though I will say engineers should have least like 3x more stamina though, because who gets tired that quickly?

i blame moonshine binge drinking in the Lobby

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2015, 08:58:57 pm »
because who gets tired that quickly?
Its not really a sprint, its more of an adrenalin moment.

You are running around, repairing, jumping on guns jumping back while blazing fires and bullets whip past you.
You will get tired pretty quickly.

Offline Mr.Bando

• Salutes: 4
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2015, 05:12:41 am »
Stamina didn't change my job that much. I cannot keep a bigger chem cycle more than once because the recharge and weird mechanic (sometimes i burn half of it in a brief burst, sometimes it lasts forever. It also recharges at weird rates that are not completely consistent with my behaviour) don't let me spam continously. All ships were designed and balanced without it hence most of the times I am looking at cooldowns. Yes, I can jump to the balloon on a spire and stamina my way up the ladder, but why if there are gunner and engi downstairs already and most probably the hull needs a help? Same goes with almost all other ship where the two engis do the job just fine.

What i would love for engi's stamina is faster (40%) rebuilds/repairs with a cool down where rebuild/repair is slowed (30%) depending on how much I use of it so that I, as engineer must decide on the spot if i want to spam stamina to rebuild that component at the price of lower efficiency for a brief time.

Take the meter of stamina, make it incremental where the first 1/4 has +/-10%, the second +/-20%, the third +/-30% and the last 4th has +40%-30% rebuild/repair effect. Regardless of how much you used it, your stamina goes in cooldown and until it is fully restored you have the (decreasing) modifier. This means you will tank like almost 2 crews (one spanner and 1 wrench?) for a single component to save the ship but at the price of reduced efficiency for secondary rebuilds, with your capabilities progressively returning to normal.

Also, because we are not anymore in Steampunk but apparently in Narnia since the last patch, with hadouken component explosions and yellow vertical flames, I would like my stamina ability to make louder and louder bangs or even flashes while i use it because my tool is transformed into the Spanner of Thor  ;D

Don't know about increased repair speed, but stamina augmented tools swing speed can help cut down on rebuild times and that is something an engineer can really shine at. Doesn't have to be a big increase, but as long as it shows a clear advantage to use an engineer to rebuild compared to other classes