Author Topic: Underdog System  (Read 44925 times)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
Re: Underdog System
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2015, 07:27:25 pm »
but we crushed him though...

it didn't count as underdog win for some reason (someone prolly joined mid game or ragequit iunno i forget).

UNDERDOG IS SO CONFUSING!

Also if that were true then rydrs will never get underdog achieves
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 07:31:36 pm by Maximillian Jazzhand »

Offline FredTheFifth

• Salutes: 9
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2015, 08:31:11 pm »
well, apparently I needed a (jk) to my last post, I recently achieved all the underdog plays achevs, still need to do wins (they are incredibly hard for me, dont see many other rydrs getting these :P). They all seem fine to me except the last one which counted games as underdog really weirdly, other than that I saw that ai have an mmr rating of 0 so whether or not they are on your team matters a lot, also worth noting is that what matters is that it counts team mmr as a whole, pilot or crew is irrelevant.

It is a percent mmr change (I think 20) that depends on the underdog status so in a very high lvl lobby its likely to be the same, a lot of it does depend on which side has more ai though

Offline nanoduckling

• Salutes: 116
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2015, 09:23:54 pm »
The matches where I've been rated underdog have been surprising to me. It seems to seriously under estimate the impact a experienced pilot organising a team can have, and the deleterious impact a novice pilot can have. Without seeing the model used I'm still not in a position to comment in detail, but it seems to be doing a very bad job predicting the matches I'm involved in.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2015, 09:53:14 pm »
I wonder if pilots are weighed more heavily than crew in MMR. They really should be.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2015, 12:43:19 am »
If it is partially based off AI (which seems to give the otherside without underdog). That means getting wins is gonna be impossible.

Because if that AI slot is filled at match end, you are likely to lose underdog status and underdog achieves seems to only count if you have it at match end (most likely to avoid an exploit-one of the major times I see muse do something impressively competent and it pisses me off as much as their bad choices).

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2015, 08:07:41 pm »
One thing I've noticed about the underdog system is it makes people very quickly leave lobbies if they're on the team labeled "underdog".  Nobody wants to be told "you'll probably lose this match" before it even starts.  Not really a fan of that.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2015, 08:24:38 pm »
One thing I've noticed about the underdog system is it makes people very quickly leave lobbies if they're on the team labeled "underdog".  Nobody wants to be told "you'll probably lose this match" before it even starts.  Not really a fan of that.

Oh the irony...

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2015, 12:51:10 am »

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2015, 12:31:02 pm »
Wait they added a systems which tells you if you'll win/lose?

I already gave up on this game when Stamina came out, but I guess they just want to put more nails in the coffin.

Offline The Sky Wolf

• Salutes: 43
    • [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2015, 01:05:14 pm »

Trueee, but It's still less intimidating for them if they can't see the massively steep level difference, and they won't be scared to lose because they know they're underdogs and it's a win/not-win-but-doesn't-matter situation.

Offline The Sky Wolf

• [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2015, 01:09:42 pm »

I already gave up on this game when Stamina came out, but I guess they just want to put more nails in the coffin.

Why give up now when the game is at its prime? Stamina made the Gunner class more important than it's ever been before. Engineering stamina is fun to use, and Pilot stamina saves the engineers the hassle of repairing kerosene/moonshine/phoenix claw engine damage. The stamina feature will be even more perfected later on.

Offline David Dire

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2015, 01:10:48 pm »

Why give up now when the game is at its prime? Stamina made the Gunner class more important than it's ever been before. Engineering stamina is fun to use, and Pilot stamina saves the engineers the hassle of repairing kerosene/moonshine/phoenix claw engine damage.

I preferred it when you used skill to win, and not a completely unasked for mechanic.

Offline The Sky Wolf

• [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2015, 01:13:54 pm »

Why give up now when the game is at its prime? Stamina made the Gunner class more important than it's ever been before. Engineering stamina is fun to use, and Pilot stamina saves the engineers the hassle of repairing kerosene/moonshine/phoenix claw engine damage.

I preferred it when you used skill to win, and not a completely unasked for mechanic.

We needed stamina to get people to want gunners instead of gungineers. This mechanic makes sense in a relatively realistic way, you'll just have to adapt and become "skilled" with stamina.

Offline David Dire

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2015, 01:14:39 pm »

We needed stamina to get people to want gunners instead of gungineers. This mechanic makes sense in a relatively realistic way, you'll just have to adapt and become "skilled" with stamina.

Or instead of adding a random system to make gunners somewhat useful, we could make Guns be more Gunner-dependent.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2015, 01:44:39 pm »
Nerf all guns more, make all ammos more niche and stronger in certain areas. Increase the need for the three ammos, and release the experimental ammos. Also, vets have always advocated gunners. This decision was made around the fact that new players were upset and complained to Muse that they couldn't three gunner crew by their pilots.