Author Topic: End game stuff: prestige?  (Read 19726 times)

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Re: End game stuff: prestige?
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2015, 04:15:02 pm »
Does no one at Muse besides Jacob play Payday 2? Seriously, just copy their Infamy system. Give us a special exclusive hat or outfit then a small XP boost. Problem solved!

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2015, 04:46:48 pm »
But... why? I don't play this game for any reward other than it's fun. There's a cap for everything. If we're going with the PD2 model, level 45 in every class is basically Infamy 25-100. You're done with progressing

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2015, 05:16:32 pm »
But... why? I don't play this game for any reward other than it's fun. There's a cap for everything. If we're going with the PD2 model, level 45 in every class is basically Infamy 25-100. You're done with progressing

well 45 definitely felt that it came way too fast.

in the old lvling system I'd still be 13.
Anyway reset complete. Will take effect soon.

But yus, end game stuff. Extending lvls is just silly as you'll just hit the wall again. So will resets but its the best I can think of so far. So my suggestion is merely slowing it as far as possible.

I did suggest the extra exp (the kind you hoard after 45) to be added to a pool  to be used as some sort of currency. For what though I dunno. Maybe a free to play model where, exp can be exchanged for in-game currency for stuff. Perhaps even workshop stuff that has been opted to be offered for free.

I would gladly have my voicepack be an exp shop only item. Hell. you could even have it purely class exclusive. So you can only spend engie exp to buy engie exp shop items.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 05:23:34 pm by Maximillian Jazzhand »

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2015, 07:03:51 pm »
Best solution to 45+ (to the people that it matters): Ranks, with unique items. Top rank (person with the most XP over 45) gets L' article impressionnant. Rank two gets Le deuxième meilleur article and so on. Perhaps a special decal. Perhaps a unique dye. Perhaps a hat. The point is that there is only one... and it can be lost if someone outranks you (or as soon as you get the next rank). As the ranks go further from the top, the items are no longer unique, so ranks 200-500 receive Le très bon point pas unique

Result: Self-sustaining level reward system (for the people that things like this matter).

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2015, 07:13:40 pm »
Can't work on the current system.

What you suggests requires a massive overhaul. Basically you're suggesting badges that can be gained and then lost.

And like the wanted badges. I have too much of a life outside this game to be the grindiest neckbeardious guy on guns.

Offline FredTheFifth

• Salutes: 9
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2015, 07:44:18 pm »
Why do you want to reset your lvl when you have not completed the game? if you want something to do, do the achievements, Lvl means literally nothing if you already have the outfits.
Also,

Plus I'm a household name. Those in the know and those that know to research, know that I'm 45+.
I'm sorry, this was just too arrogant for me to ignore :P

If you want something to do then learn how to play the game better, I've played over 4500 matches gotten all achevs and am still learning things everyday about this game. What are levels anyway? Number of games played? If thats true I could name a few people who have gotten lvl 45 in a class multiple times :P

On the whole, I really don't think we need veteran players another way to be arrogant and for new players to feel inadequate, these things already happen and I feel so sad whenever I see a low lvl leave a lobby because the lvls were too high, or even people just giving up a match without playing because they see high lvls and think they're screwed, and hiding lvls also won't make this better.

Don't get me wrong, if this is implemented and rewards are available I will make it my mission to become all lvl 90 but without achievements to work towards I feel like its just a game of grinding like wanted, just playing matches over and over just for exp seems sad.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2015, 08:19:30 pm »
Then how about we do the ranks, and you stay out of them.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2015, 08:22:40 pm »
I beat you solidly on a fair match up though so... it was definitely recently... iunno. Definitely no Leuosi. But I wouldn't brag when I don't think I can prove it.

But thats not the point.

I reset my level but I still have my achieves (I think-havent logged in to check yet). I'm at the stage where the achieves are super specific (oh dear god the map achieves) and victory achieves. So instead of just wracking up exp that goes nowhere. I just thought I may as well put those achieveless wins to use and lower my lvl.

And don't even pretend you got every achieve legit. I was on in the old rydr chieve whoring days when you set up lobbies to specifically artificially grind those difficult achievements amongst yourselves.

Plus yes lowering my lvl is definitely part of the whole, noobs run away from lobby thing. I suffer them screwing me over. So they should feel the same.

oh god! so obvious. now that lvls arent achieve based anymore.

We need a badge for all achieves.

Also richard. If that ranking thing comes through. What the hell's the point of wanted? Or perhaps! vets become perma wanted and auto join when the event is running.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 08:28:20 pm by Maximillian Jazzhand »

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2015, 12:01:19 am »
There is no point to wanted. Most players ignore it. It is a mostly failed experiment with far too narrow a range. If something similar became a meta game for all 45+ players in some way, like ranks or leaderboards, or belt notches, maybe it would be more prominent.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2015, 12:32:05 am »
I never did Wanted. I thought of it but it just sorta fizzled out. Back when I started in GOIO there was a lot of fuss about it. Everyone was making backstories, things were interesting. Wanted players were chased all over, constantly had full lobbies. Now its just...meh, no one cares. Plus rewards aren't that interesting when Muse hands them out like candy.

Just copy Payday 2 Infamy system, done. People who reach infamy get special items you can't get outside of it. Plus their level numbers get an extra number in front of it. So "1-30" would be Infamy rank 1, level 30. So level 130. "5-60" would be Infamy rank 5, level 60 or level 560. etc. Each rank gains an XP boost so it doesn't take as long to reach max rank again. Course there are more reasons for that as talent trees and specs mean something in Payday but you can adjust something for GOIO.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2015, 10:06:02 am »
really hung up on this pay day thing.

can you suggest more than 1 idea?

Offline GreyTea

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 54
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2015, 11:45:29 am »
Just copy Payday 2 Infamy system, done. People who reach infamy get special items you can't get outside of it. Plus their level numbers get an extra number in front of it. So "1-30" would be Infamy rank 1, level 30. So level 130. "5-60" would be Infamy rank 5, level 60 or level 560. etc. Each rank gains an XP boost so it doesn't take as long to reach max rank again. Course there are more reasons for that as talent trees and specs mean something in Payday but you can adjust something for GOIO.

Big bank heist death wish vet reporting in :P

We are currently discussing ways to extend the level cap, with balance being the main issue, reset means novice content, however i suggested somthing similar to what gilder proposed.

but their would have to be another divide can't have vets with novice it would be a bloodbath haha, so novice normal then prestage only matches is an idea  where you could earn xp but with MM the queue times would be very high and that would not be fun, but we do read the forums and take notice of things, and one idea is more than enough. any idea can trigger somthing and help,

But just wanted to say we are listening reading and discussing and we will relay information at due times, but feel free to email in feedback@musegames.com with ideas and please be patient

Thank you

Grey