Author Topic: End game stuff: prestige?  (Read 19697 times)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
End game stuff: prestige?
« on: April 30, 2015, 08:37:43 pm »
I got bored so I asked Howard to ask Jerry (who is currently passed out from implementing the update) to reset my lvl but keeping all my assets, achieves, titles, mmr, etc.

Which brought up their playing with the idea of some sort of prize for getting full 45.

I expect the reset to occur within 24 hours from now.

But yes...

I quote.

Howard T
You know, we thought about this challenge mode idea for people who got to lv45 let's say.  Where we would reset them, but give them like a veteran or master icon or badge, and they if they choose to accept this, they will play the game at a handicap.  Just one of those crazier end game type ideas.  This sorta reminded me of that. 

Now... I already explained that having to lvl up without the help of achieves exp is already a pretty big handicap. I won't have the majority of achieves after the reset. So most of my lvl up exp will be from wins.

So possibly, all achieve exp is 0 after "prestige"?

But what about those with old lvl 15? There needs to be something else.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: End game stuff: prestige?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 06:37:12 am »
they will play the game at a handicap.

Im sorry what?

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 10:06:17 am »
they will play the game at a handicap.

Im sorry what?

my reaction exactly (I mean the game was made around the idea that everyone has equal capability-handicaps are the antithesis of that) hence why I made this thread so we can nip this possible disaster in the bud, by suggesting GOOD ideas for post max lvl  gameplay.

something... sustainable. something that does not touch the gameplay aspect of the game.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 10:08:05 am by Maximillian Jazzhand »

Offline Crafeksterty

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 10:38:07 am »
Difficult to answer, seems cool to constantly have a progression, even after many games.
It is also wanted that it shows you are actualy 45+ so to not confuse anyone.

But a gameplay handicap? Should be an optional unlock where you can switch it for "handicap" and turn into an underdog because of that.
But then were going back to questioning if this will lead to taunting. But with the underdog mechanic, its more relieved. But the question stays.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 10:58:41 am »
Did somebody say 'disaster'? :D

Want a handicap? Go into matchmaker queue 'alone'. Or fly a munker. Or whatever. There's plenty of things you can do.

On the other hand it would be nice to see some "Game+" for VETS-vets. Perhaps if you finish all achievements (devs could add some) you could be honorary lvl50 or something. I would love to have something saying "Yeah, I'm a fucking vet brah, don't mess with me", like, say, different name colour for someone who has above X matches?

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 11:02:37 am »
If my reset goes to plan.

I will be a lvl 111 elite on every class by title with 2000+ matches and all my badges and achieves.

Plus I'm a household name. Those in the know and those that know to research, know that I'm 45+.

So I guess thats how you can tell. Like the game itself, the info is there you just have to look at the meta to really understand it.

But yes... so far my list of suggestion is upon reset is 0 achiement exp. It is purely match based exp from that point on.

And I say you get a badge called "veteran candidate"

for doing the reset and for max lvl after reset "veteran elite" badge.

Also I much prefer the hidden blade than the zweihandler.

Dat feel when I come in as lvl pilot against some nobody lvl 25s with my baby AIs averaging the same lvl as them (but far more skilled), and that 5-0 crushing.

Their salt will be so sweet. Because being 45 just makes scrubs ditch the lobby. I want them to say, shit talk me and then get destroyed and learn humility.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 11:06:14 am by Maximillian Jazzhand »

Offline Crafeksterty

• [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2015, 11:08:25 am »
But yes... so far my list of suggestion is upon reset is 0 achiement exp. It is purely match based exp from that point on.
I could get behind that, still taking my huge as time getting gunner and engineer to 45 because of not playing gunner or engineer as often.

Because being 45 just makes scrubs ditch the lobby. I want them to say, shit talk me and then get destroyed and learn humility.
Now that i think i fully agree so much

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 12:36:10 pm »
A reset is a silly idea for most of the reasons you stated, especially the tricking people and stomping them. That translates to "I want to ruin other people's matches for my own pride." Much better to just continue leveling past 45, but with a maintenance that degrades back to 45 if not maintained.

I am actually going to email Muse today and address this and ask them to hold all resets.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2015, 12:48:21 pm »
Seeing a lvl 1 player with 2000 matches would make no sense. There are better ways to implement end level prestige than a reset. Like how about a billion xp to get to level 46.

I agree with Richard that there should be no resets. Otherwise lots of people would ask to reset and it wouldn't mean anything. It makes no sense to let a player reset. If you don't want people ditching your lobby then stop bringing meta ships. If people see an all 45 player on the easiest OP ship in the game of course they might leave and that's your own damn selfish fault. Tricking people that you're a level 1 to stomp pubs is beyond absurd. Absolutely ridiculous.

Here's my tip: go buy an alt account. There you go! Problems solved. You can even have your old name back. Imagine the prestige of two all 45, 110% completion accounts!
That's what players do when they don't want to appear high level. There's no reason to make exceptions so just go get yourself an alt account like everyone else with the same silly problem.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 01:21:24 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2015, 01:07:23 pm »
Muse can do what ever they like to the database containing your XP/levels. I don't think "So people will misjudge me and feel humiliated when I stomp them," is a good reason but it is not my call to make. I have occasionally wondered what it would be like to play the game as a level 1 with a friends list of 0. But that wonder has not translated into action because I like my account as it is.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2015, 02:27:05 pm »
Here's my tip: go buy an alt account. There you go! Problems solved. You can even have your old name back. Imagine the prestige of two all 45, 110% completion accounts!
That's what players do when they don't want to appear high level. There's no reason to make exceptions so just go get yourself an alt account like everyone else with the same silly problem.

I see your point, but smurfs feasting on noobs is the last thing this game needs. Especially...well... Ceres-kind of smurfs.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2015, 02:30:15 pm »

I see your point, but smurfs feasting on noobs is the last thing this game needs. Especially...well... Ceres-kind of smurfs.

This game is already filled with people making smurf accounts..

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2015, 02:44:10 pm »
I have 5 alt accounts. But don't tell anyone

Offline FredTheFifth

• Salutes: 9
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2015, 03:06:22 pm »
Ok, let me give my thoughts on this

A Long Time Ago, When Levels Were Based On Achievements:
I got all the achievements then got bored, achevs were fun! They gave me a goal to work towards and were a fun thing to do with help from my friends, especially the win X amount against X Lvl Or higher, the hunt for those was very thrilling, so I asked to devs in devgames if it was possible to reset my Achievements.

I would really like to do them all again, but I don't see the point of getting a title or a badge for getting to lvl 45, you already get one anyway, along with a cool outfit.

The handicap mechanic sounds idiotic, there are enough challenges in this game if you just look for them (I'm still trying not to hit every building on paritan) and most times one player will not decide a game and if there is a whole ship or team of lvl 45s a slight handicap really isnt going to do anything

As far as I'm concerned, I really dont think there should be a veteran thing (or at least if there should, have it be for people with all the achevs. giving them a point again) because of the reasons stated prior and also i just feel theres no need, however I would like to have all my achevs reset just for the thrill of the hunt again!

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2015, 03:46:57 pm »
You say don't take cheese builds against novices...

Novices can't even tell what a cheese build is. If they did they'd use it.

That being said, seems I caused some buzz at Muse HQ and pretty much reignited the discussion of game game post 45 stuff. They can't reset me to lvl 1 as that would mean I would have access (muhahahahahaha) to novice.

So instead the offer goes to 11 and I'm taking it. Besides this invalidates any claims that any of my lvls and my skills were purely cosmetic from the lvl inflation from achieves.

I can't be challanged anymore when I earn max lvl in the most legit way possible and still beating the saltie scrubs that have played this game for months and have gotten no better and I have said as much. It will be a nice little social experiment.

I mean "levels don't matter", I hear that consoling mantra all the freaking time. And to an extent it is fairly true as you have "vets" that haven't really earned the level "elite" as they don't PLAY like elites.