Author Topic: One thing  (Read 25211 times)

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
One thing
« on: March 27, 2015, 09:15:55 am »
This is something I've noticed.
So, when guns are nearly broken, you hear an electric, fizzy escaping/discharging sounds. This implies they use electricity, which they obviously do.

However, I've noticed one thing:

The Pyramidion doesn't have a power source.
It's the only ship that doesn't appear to have anything generating power.

Galleon: Has a big generator looking thing in it's main engine room.
Spire: Just look at the inside walls.
Goldfish: The giant contraptions in the spawn and tanks and engines near the hull.
Mobula: Generator looking thing behind you when you spawn, and the thing that encompasses the Main Engine.
Squid: Inside of the hull has many contraptions.
Junker: The huge diesel tank on the right side and all the things you see when you enter the basement.

What black magic does it use?

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: One thing
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 10:13:06 am »
Yeshan black magic, every nation has a propoganda for them in the world thread, it must be a yeshan attempt to divert oır attention!

In all honesty, eeeh... Engine columns generating power?

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 10:54:20 am »
in the back where you go to fix engines, there is a door, we just cant open it, could be in there

Offline David Dire

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 11:04:27 am »
Yeshan black magic, every nation has a propoganda for them in the world thread, it must be a yeshan attempt to divert oır attention!

In all honesty, eeeh... Engine columns generating power?
That's probably the closest, however, I don't really see a generator/engine/reactor*Muse pls add*. I mean, if anything, it just seems like fuel tanks.

in the back where you go to fix engines, there is a door, we just cant open it, could be in there

I've seen into it/the bottom of it, I believe it's just a hole or something. Probably their Toilet.

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 11:17:48 am »
So, I think those electric sparks are actually guns making sparks by grinding against components and stuff.
I don't think a lot of our technologies use electricity.

If guns do use electricity, the battery must be a part of the gun. If not, I'm sure the engines can supply the necessary electricity.

If that is not the case, I think the two canisters on the bottom aft of the pyramidion functions as a source of energy.

Offline David Dire

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 11:26:33 am »
So, I think those electric sparks are actually guns making sparks by grinding against components and stuff.
I don't think a lot of our technologies use electricity.

If guns do use electricity, the battery must be a part of the gun. If not, I'm sure the engines can supply the necessary electricity.

If that is not the case, I think the two canisters on the bottom aft of the pyramidion functions as a source of energy.

You can hear an electric noise though, and we do have various gears that require energy, so I'm 100% Guns are electric powered.
It is a good point how maybe the Engines provide electricity, however that's quite advanced technology, and even if they used it, why not use it for other ships?

Offline Indreams

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 11:35:48 am »
Its not that advanced of a technology. Just coils and magnets and gears. In fact, having a source of electricity that isn't an engine is a pretty advanced technology.

I still doubt that the guns function by electricity. I think electric noises are "hollywood realism" of Muse. I'm pretty sure that most guns function via mechanisms.

Offline David Dire

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 11:37:44 am »
Its not that advanced of a technology. Just coils and magnets and gears. In fact, having a source of electricity that isn't an engine is a pretty advanced technology.

I still doubt that the guns function by electricity. I think electric noises are "hollywood realism" of Muse. I'm pretty sure that most guns function via mechanisms.

Oh yeah, sorry, I was thinking of something different by "Powered by engines", as in, a device the re-purposed engine heat into energy for the shit.

It could be a hollywood realism thing, however, it's weird they'd have that but also things that look like generators.

Offline Indreams

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 11:40:59 am »
The 'generators' look more like boilers to me.

There just isn't enough evidence to convince me that guns work via electricity. I don't see enough wires or lightbulbs.

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 11:56:53 am »
some of them do seem to produce steam when you reload

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 05:18:52 pm »
Just asked Bubbles (Howard) about this, and the guns are mechanical, the sound effect is for effect and drama as opposed to a sound to show electronic connections. :)
So no electronics powering the guns. :)
Sparks, grinding gears. :)

Offline Dev Bubbles

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 55
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2015, 05:21:35 pm »
I might be hung for this LOL.  I'll check with Tim to see if this is really the case.  But this is my take anyways.  I hope I'm not in trouble hehehe. 

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2015, 05:22:39 pm »
Well if they are electronic, tell him he is in trouble for the pyramidion not having a visible generator!

Offline Dev Bubbles

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 55
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2015, 05:28:07 pm »
This thread actually just prompted big convo lol, but basically there is more emphasis placed on the effect and how it connects to the game mechanic itself.  We could play with the sound here more to see if we can find other sounds just as if not more effective here.  Great thread guys. 

Offline MagKel

• Salutes: 53
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood of GOIO
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2015, 08:16:33 am »
I always thought some guns had electrical power.

Gun reloading requires energy and this can be achieved essentially in two ways: storing the energy accumulated during the combustion of the cartridge or by an external source. Some guns in GOIO (involving bullets and discharge gases) could automatically reload by storing the excess energy produced in the event of firing but for others (rockets mostly) it is simply impossible hence an external energy source is necessary.

the second argument in favor of electrically powered guns is tilting. Lumberjack easily weights an excess of 4 metric tons, ignoring the automatic feeding mechanism and ammo storage. Same goes for any other heavy gun. In order to tilt it with such precision and speed an external power source other that muscle is required. the gunner sits on a chair, not actively participating in tilting other that providing an analogical input which is then transferred to servomotors that provide 2-axis movement. While this could be achieved through a chemical engine and steam pistons, none is to be seen on the actual gun. Instead arotary servo motor is visible at the base of the gun and on the vertical joint, provinding the aforementioned two axis tilt.   A linear actuator control box is seen between the two, right next to the gunner's position with reinforced cables jutting out.