Author Topic: Trains?  (Read 46408 times)

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
Re: Trains?
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2015, 01:05:51 pm »
You know, Gustav sort of cannon could make a really interesting boss fights.

First, theres the whole aspect of air to surface combat, which could add some very interesting game play.
And we can have a massive mega-gun. One shot, very long reload, limited arc and very slow reaction (rotation) speed. Deals massive piercing primary damage, and a massive explosive secondary damage. Such that it can kill a Galleon in one shot. In addition, it'd have a large convoy of ground and air based units to protect it.

The player's objective would be to destroy the gun before it reached a destination (a siege of a city?). The railway gun could be slowed down by either destroying a well-defended railroad bridges (forcing the gun to take a more solid, alternate route) or damaging its engines (which would be repaired by the engineers on the railway gun). Complete kill if the player manages to destroy the well-defended bridge with the mega-gun and its convoy on it (very difficult).

Airships v. Trains!

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2015, 01:19:41 pm »
i support this idea

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2015, 01:27:47 pm »

First, theres the whole aspect of air to surface combat, which could add some very interesting game play.
And we can have a massive mega-gun. One shot, very long reload, limited arc and very slow reaction (rotation) speed. Deals massive piercing primary damage, and a massive explosive secondary damage. Such that it can kill a Galleon in one shot. In addition, it'd have a large convoy of ground and air based units to protect it.

The player's objective would be to destroy the gun before it reached a destination (a siege of a city?). The railway gun could be slowed down by either destroying a well-defended railroad bridges (forcing the gun to take a more solid, alternate route) or damaging its engines (which would be repaired by the engineers on the railway gun). Complete kill if the player manages to destroy the well-defended bridge with the mega-gun and its convoy on it (very difficult).

Airships v. Trains!

How about we actually just put a Balloon on the cannon and make it fly super slowly towards the city.

If it fired at you, it'd be knocked back 400 or so feet.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2015, 05:32:13 pm »

Airships v. Trains!

How about we actually just put a Balloon on the cannon and make it fly super slowly towards the city.

If it fired at you, it'd be knocked back 400 or so feet.

Why not BOTH?

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2015, 06:43:35 am »
trains would be prone to raids from airplanes and other puny sky vehicles.

it would simply be too expensive to maintain them. As it just takes a flak to destroy the tracks and its not like trains would be doing any evasive actions.

And it wouldn't take long to just raid, take the cargo they got and then leave.

Though if they have UNDERGROUND trains, thats another matter. But steam powered trains underground is kinda dire. I hope you brought supplies of oxygen tanks.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2015, 07:19:34 am »
I think trains were a thing but the great war destroyed most of the tracks leaving only clues of their existence.

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2015, 11:35:47 am »

it would simply be too expensive to maintain them. As it just takes a flak to destroy the tracks and its not like trains would be doing any evasive actions.

Though if they have UNDERGROUND trains, thats another matter. But steam powered trains underground is kinda dire. I hope you brought supplies of oxygen tanks.

Not nearly as dire as... DAVID DIRE!!!

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2015, 11:38:56 am »

Not nearly as dire as... DAVID DIRE!!!

The reason I still use this name is just from that pun I can pull out when I'm all out.

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2015, 11:40:22 am »
*High fives and fist bumps.*

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2015, 06:49:23 pm »
I think trains were a thing but the great war destroyed most of the tracks leaving only clues of their existence.

does this include the existence of grils?

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2015, 01:58:34 am »

Nope, they just avoid you. ;) (jk)

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2015, 09:05:32 am »
Wait, grills or girls? DO BARBECUES EXIST IN GOIO???

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2015, 09:09:14 am »
Wait, grills or girls? DO BARBECUES EXIST IN GOIO???

Since the invention of the carronade, flamer squid most citizens of the world prefer to just tie a mine balloon to their lunch and let patrolling squids cook their dinner. You have to pick out the shrapnel yourself, but the added taste of petroleum goes a long way to the flavour of your barbequed sausages

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2015, 11:20:31 am »

Nope, they just avoid you. ;) (jk)

Hey... I'll yell at anyone not pulling their weight. I'm also an equal opportunity raper.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2015, 11:47:52 am »
Ceresbane, I hope their is a typo in rapper :p