Author Topic: Converting Light to Heavy  (Read 70796 times)

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Converting Light to Heavy
« on: March 20, 2015, 05:32:52 pm »
Everyone loves new guns, and they especially love Heavy guns, because there are so few.  That has been alleviated a little with the Minotaur, but lets be honest- Moar = Gud.  So, I want you guys to throw out suggestions to change Light weapons into a Heavy version, excluding flak and carronade.  Some might argue the Banshee is a baby Hwatcha, but they serve almost totally different roles, so it's free.  So is the mortar, as the Lumberjack pops balloons, not utterly tears things to pieces.  Don't worry too much about balance, it's just speculation.  Here are a few I thought up.

Jupiter Field Cannon: A giant, pierce/explosive, 1 shot Mercury, with so much recoil it actually moves the firing ship backwards.

Tartarus Heavy Cannon: Heavy Hades, basically.  Much more fire damage, replace pierce with shatter, high ignition chance, much smaller clip, much slower movement speed, projectile expansion, arming range, small left/right, average down, bad up.  Starts off with low shot arc, but it dips sharply after awhile.

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
Re: Converting Light to Heavy
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 05:36:06 pm »
Can't think of a name, but heavy mine launcher. Twice the damage as normal mines, and four times the size.

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 05:37:36 pm »
Deimos heavy mine launcher would be good as phobos means fear and deimos means terror (this have anything to do with what we've been doing in the cantina shaded? :D)

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 05:45:01 pm »
Deimos heavy mine launcher would be good as phobos means fear and deimos means terror (this have anything to do with what we've been doing in the cantina shaded? :D)

Actually yes, a little.  The heavy flamer got me thinking, then I thought up the Tartarus, and the Jupiter is an older gun I thought up.  So then I figured I'd make this.  Although if something really cool comes up (Like the Deimos, although I might change it a little) I'd ask if I could use it.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 05:54:07 pm »
fair enough, come on everyone lets get muses think juices flowing with ideas......... Tornado heavy machine gun, essentially two huge gats

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 06:20:20 pm »
fair enough, come on everyone lets get muses think juices flowing with ideas......... Tornado heavy machine gun, essentially two huge gats

More shatter than pierce, I should think, and the Hurricane Heavy Gatling Cannon.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 06:33:25 pm »
dont think cannon would be the right word, Tornado heavy machine turret?

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 06:34:49 pm »
Heavy Flare Gun, please. It could work as blinding grenade* which perhaps could automatically spot enemies.

*flashbang from CS:GO

Offline Lanliss

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 06:39:33 pm »
Apollo Heavy Missle Launcher. Not sure on the attributes. Maybe some fire, since he is the sun god. Fire+shatter, with burst ammo? Sounds deadly.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 06:42:15 pm by Lanliss »

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 06:46:14 pm »
Heavy Harpoon Launcher, We must end the Sky Whale menace as it is our current harpoons are nothing but toothpicks to those monsters.  I call that muse give us the means to defend ourselves from these monsters!

Offline Lanliss

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2015, 07:09:46 pm »
Carn the blasphemer. I will end you before I let you touch the majestic and holy skywhale.

Offline MagKel

• Salutes: 53
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood of GOIO
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 07:11:09 pm »
my take:

Howler hunter mine launcher - a mine with a self destruct timer of 120 seconds that deals flechette/shatter damage and has limited homing abilities (and can't distinguish friend from foe). the name comes from the howling sound the projectile makes once it locks on a target

Valkyrie heavy flamer - Same range, ammo and effect of the flamer but much larger spread both horizontally and vertically, excellent for large scale barbecuing.

Pluto howizer - it is like hades with a long range and pronounced shell drop, less than 5 rounds and a large fire AoE. Usually paired on Galleons with the Lumberjack

Mirmidon rocket revolver - The bigger sister of the Banshee is a single round weapon with fast reload that fires a slow moving, clustered warhead that deals light fire/explosive damage and spreads once armed. Ideal for finishing fast moving targets or controlling narrow passages.

Volcano autoloading gun - A weapon initially developed for land based emplacements, it has been modified only recently for airship combat. The double belt feeding system is somewhat clunky, which means that the weapon is damaged by simply firing it. Yet with a good engineering crew it can be kept somewhat operational for a good amount of time (Yes, its a weapon on moonshine, so what?  :D ). through its four muzzles it fires low caliber piercing shots that, by some accounts, it reminds of a volcano eruption. (pierce/pierce damage at short range, highest RoF of the game, 200 rounds but once fired it takes heavy damage with deactivation delay

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2015, 07:19:56 pm »
Carn the blasphemer. I will end you before I let you touch the majestic and holy skywhale.

By the right of the ancient gods of Bacon, i will end the menace

Offline Sarabelle Marlowe

• Salutes: 25
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2015, 11:32:34 pm »
Shall I dare bring up the howitzer and tesla cannon? XD

Offline Lanliss

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2015, 11:38:40 pm »
I don't understand the idea of a tesla gun. Nothing is electrical, what purpose would it serve? I suppose, since it is electricity, it would spread across the ship, but that seems a bit overpowered. Could you explain the use a a tesla gun, beyond it just being cool to have?