Author Topic: The Love - Hate Thread.  (Read 30803 times)

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
Re: The Love - Hate Thread.
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2015, 03:14:03 am »
Hate: People who trash talk in lobby

Love: Making people who trash talk in lobby rage quit

This. ^

Also:

I love: How close knit and friendly the community is!

I hate: That the community is not as big as its heart which is surely deserves to be.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2015, 05:23:36 am »
I love: most things before 1.3.8

I hate: most things after 1.3.8, with "worst shit ever" award to GLORIOUS MATCHMAKER

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2015, 02:17:26 pm »
Love: Moonshine
Love: That feel when you execute a perfect maneuver followed by a perfect strip/H.Flak
Love: When I pull of a perfect engi cycle
Love: The gatling and everything to do with it- Noises, what it does, how it does it... Delicious gat.  Everything can ALWAYS use an extra gat.
Love: The noise of a Hades and also that feel when you land a whole clip of greased Hades...

Hate: Munkers (On both teams, because somebody has a Munker, they give no shits about you or anybody else.)
Hate: When my engis complain about Moonshine
Hate: Carronades countering everything
Hate: Crew that don't listen
Hate: The fact that I have never been able to successfully fly a Spire

Offline Mr. Goggles

• Salutes: 11
    • [Nya~]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2015, 02:24:45 pm »

HAHA. YES. I share this difficult. They always seem to break too easily for me. And when I do a long range spire, I always get poo gunners:/

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2015, 02:25:18 pm »
When in doubt brawler spire, never works, but it can.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2015, 02:27:02 pm »

HAHA. YES. I share this difficult. They always seem to break too easily for me. And when I do a long range spire, I always get poo gunners:/

No, whenever I try my crew goes brain dead.  They don't fire main guns, they shoot nothing but flare... Half the time they stand by the broken hull staring at it, range finder in hand.  They don't talk, they don't listen...

It's like, I get the crews everyone complains about when I even TOUCH the Spire, but rarely with other ships.

When in doubt brawler spire, never works, but it can.

I figured Hwacha Spire would work- Dual Gat/Kill Hwacha.  But nope, like I said, brain dead crew.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 02:28:39 pm by ShadedExalt »

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2015, 03:06:02 pm »

No, whenever I try my crew goes brain dead.  They don't fire main guns, they shoot nothing but flare... Half the time they stand by the broken hull staring at it, range finder in hand.  They don't talk, they don't listen...

It's like, I get the crews everyone complains about when I even TOUCH the Spire, but rarely with other ships.

[...]

I figured Hwacha Spire would work- Dual Gat/Kill Hwacha.  But nope, like I said, brain dead crew.

Repairing too much can be a big problem for spires, but it sounds like your problems extend beyond that. Once you have a good crew you trust then switch to the spire. Crews like spires because everyone gets a gun and repairs are relatively easy.

I'm not a fan of double gat hwatcha because it relies on your disable weapon for the kill. Since you don't have any other disable you need a very quick kill when their armor breaks which hwatcha can't always do. Unless you're against a Pyramidion, double gat hwatcha is too risky for my taste.

The classic brawl spire is hwatcha gat mortar, which even works well with AI. The hwatcha disables them for long enough while gat mortar works its magic. Have the mortar upstairs with lesmok. When I do this I have a spanner mallet buff burst engi on hwatcha. The  gat engi brings wrench buff chem and heavy clip and pre loads hwatcha depending on circumstance. Having a gunner works too.

There are many other brawl spire loadouts that work but be careful when up against ranged enemies. A spire's biggest adversary is range. Getting blended from above is also a problem. To deal with lots of balloon popping use hydro before your balloon is popped. I like bringing both hydrogen and drogue chute to deal with blender fish.

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2015, 03:11:22 pm »
Ah the eternal use hydro before the blender gets in range, a lot of the time the hydro just wrecks the balloon for me, i seem to have trouble gauging it, also what button did they move the tar to?

Offline BlackenedPies

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2015, 03:24:05 pm »
Ah the eternal use hydro before the blender gets in range, a lot of the time the hydro just wrecks the balloon for me, i seem to have trouble gauging it, also what button did they move the tar to?

To activate tar select the tool and click. It has a cool down so test it out in practice.

I hope you're not using tar on a spire! You should always have your guns turned on the opponent which is easy on spire due to the high turning speed.

Fighting blenders is a lot about instinct and practice. It's a pity that blending is so easy and many players have probably left because of it.

Offline MagKel

• Salutes: 53
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood of GOIO
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2015, 08:21:32 pm »
blending is indeed too easy and it is interesting how most of the killing is done by metas and blenders. Yet I do believe people leaves a match mostly because of flamers and disable. I don't know personally, I always stick to the end.

I flew a spire with carro hwacha hades flare lately and I must say the ship is hard to master but very very responsive

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2015, 08:25:01 pm »
i've only ever left a match maybe 2 times, and that was because i had so much lag i was a hinderance

Offline BlackenedPies

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2015, 08:38:27 pm »
I meant players leaving the game... But yeah carro and flame are very frustrating for newer players. The engineers and pilots don't know how to deal with it and it's not fun dying that way. Easy to use hard to defend against.

One thing you might wanna try on a spire especially with a top hades is a right side mine. Against charging pyras and fish you as the pilot can put a mine right in front of them. Or are you using greased for the hades to complement the carro?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 08:43:39 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline MagKel

• [TB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2015, 08:51:12 pm »
yup, greased hades for short range and some spectacular switching between the two engis of the bottom deck since they have burst and heavy one each. It goes down to this:

Spanner mallet spray heavy (fires heavy hwacha when in long range, fires heavy carronade when in close range)
Pipe hammer ext burst  (buffs when in long range, fires bursts hwacha when in close range)
Spanner mallet spray greased (hades all the time)
Spanner kero claw hydro heatsink (fires flaregun at enemy's balloon or skywhales)

what i love most how less effective the metas and blenders are if we face them. Gat/mortar? so cute, let me take it from you while i busy your engi on the balloon

Offline BlackenedPies

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2015, 09:22:47 pm »
I like your loadout because it all makes sense. Because gun buffs last 90 seconds they can top off bottom deck buffs at longer range. The pipe buff can also get the carro buffed and ready for the swap.

On spawn the heavy clip guy starts hwatcha reload, starts and finishes carro load, then finishes hwatcha load while the buff guy buffs. Sounds like good solid spire fun.

Although I like heatsink for flares, heavy clip is fun because you can snipe components. My life has been saved many times from flare snipes.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 09:32:44 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline MagKel

• [TB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2015, 09:39:16 pm »
On spawn the heavy clip guy starts hwatcha reload, starts and finishes carro load, then finishes hwatcha load while the buff guy buffs.

You have no idea how much time it took me to explain this to the random crews with which I tested it just for the sake of it. But then they got it and we murdered.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 09:43:35 pm by MagKel »