Author Topic: To GG or not to GG? That is the question.  (Read 43505 times)

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
Re: To GG or not to GG? That is the question.
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2015, 07:13:27 pm »
Do not think that will be changed. It is so that people get kicked back into matchmaker, instead of sticking in one game for hours on end.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2015, 10:37:44 am »
Do not think that will be changed. It is so that people get kicked back into matchmaker, instead of sticking in one game for hours on end.

The unfortunate truth, which is why we should preach the use of rematch! As much as we preach the use of Chen spray!

Offline ApocalypseToast

• Salutes: 2
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2015, 09:01:15 pm »
Personally I only "gg" if It was a close game that had me on the edge of my seat or if I actually had a good time playing. I don't see why this should need to become a thing that everyone has to do OR ELSE  :) same goes for commendations... I'm not one of those people to give commendations it every person I see. I only commend people that are genuinely nice or helpful as I feel they deserve it :)

Offline Madden Kilfoyle

• Salutes: 0
    • [NPIV]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2015, 05:52:57 am »
I generally say gg because for the most part I have fun in all my matches. If there was a ship mostly comprised of bots, then the pilot gets additional praise for persevering, if they've been rude and shown terrible sportsmanship then I don't say anything.

Offline Dr Brobotnik

• Salutes: 9
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2015, 06:24:18 am »
I always GG. It's a sign of good sportsmanship, and other players lack of good behaviour does not excuse my own. It's like losing a 1v1 in a TV show and still giving the winner a high five.
I also give my crew commendations if we won. Again, good sportsmanship.

Offline Elazul

• Salutes: 7
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2015, 02:25:24 pm »
I think of saying GG at the end of a match as the online game equivalent to shaking hands after a match in many sports. It shows sportsmanship and respect for your opponent, and also ally ships.

If a match was particularly close, or the opposition was extra impressive, I'll add well played, or WP.

Offline DaOrks

• Salutes: 12
    • [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2015, 02:49:08 pm »
Personally I only "gg" if It was a close game that had me on the edge of my seat or if I actually had a good time playing. I don't see why this should need to become a thing that everyone has to do OR ELSE  :) same goes for commendations... I'm not one of those people to give commendations it every person I see. I only commend people that are genuinely nice or helpful as I feel they deserve it :)

I imagine the people that always GG come from other games. Years of Starcraft has made me GG in damn near every game I play.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2015, 03:50:02 pm »
I rarely GG'd before GoIo because often the community would be too stubborn about it "pfft gg dat was a stomp" or "Yh gg dat waz EZ bruh hurry bak fer another whippin" which is something I rarely see in GoIo so I happily say GG :)