Author Topic: Patch 1.4.0 News  (Read 11675 times)

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
Patch 1.4.0 News
« on: March 02, 2015, 11:06:42 am »
Thought it'd be interesting if their was a World-related news corresponding with Patch changes.

Chaladonian Material Science
It has been reported that Chaladonian metal makers have invented a new way to cast steel. The new method, which process and ingredients remain secret, creates a steel that is stronger and lighter than the variant used by other factions.

The new steel has been widely deployed on Chaladonian airships. Consequently, Squids patrolling Chaladonian borders have become a formidable force against Anglean raiders.

It has also been reported that Fjord Baronies have acquired a similar technology. How Baronies acquired the Chaladonian technology remains mysterious, but it will provide the Baronies an advantage in their campaign against the Yeshans.

Yeshan Lumber Substitute
Captains have recently noticed that the Pyramidion's hull integrity has weakened. The lumber used in recently constructed Pyramidions easily fracture. An unnamed official from Yeshan 12 shipyard has commented.

"There has been a massive demand in Pyramidions. All Yeshan ships were constructed with Yeshan lumber, but to match the demand, we had to import lumber from the Mercantile Guild," he said, "And I assure you, Goldfishes and Galleons are still built with genuine, sturdy Yeshan lumber."

It has been suspected that this Mercantile Lumber is actually inferior bamboo compressed and painted to look like lumber. The Mercantile Guild declined to comment.

What's your version of story for Patch 1.4.0? Is there a story for the Minotaur?

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Re: Patch 1.4.0 News
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 11:16:20 am »
It looks like a cross between Yeshan and Chaladonian styling... Maybe a rogue Chaladonian weapons maker defected to Yesha with the designs and started to work for them?

Offline Indreams

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 11:18:54 am »
It looks like a cross between Yeshan and Chaladonian styling... Maybe a rogue Chaladonian weapons maker defected to Yesha with the designs and started to work for them?

The minotaur? Maybe. Minotaur does look like a Chaladonian gun, but Chaladonians are not known to use heavy guns.

Maybe,... (since Minotaur is quite good on a spire), there's a secret Chaladonian-Baronies alliance. Chaladonians, to keep the balance of power between Yeshans and Baronies provided Fjord Spires with the new steel and Minotaur gun.

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 11:24:59 am »

The minotaur? Maybe. Minotaur does look like a Chaladonian gun, but Chaladonians are not known to use heavy guns.

Maybe,... (since Minotaur is quite good on a spire), there's a secret Chaladonian-Baronies alliance. Chaladonians, to keep the balance of power between Yeshans and Baronies provided Fjord Spires with the new steel and Minotaur gun.

Because golden bits that was another thought I had, but 2/3 of Yeshan ships have Heavy guns, so I thought it works better.

Combine the stories?  Chaladonians gave the steel and gun to the Fjords, and a rogue scientist that wanted money sold the designs to Yesha?

Offline Indreams

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 12:35:57 pm »
Chaladonians are deceptive, unscrupulous allies. Their science is the science of death. Their only concern is their twisted perception of balance. They massacre, pillage, and eradicate with aberrant technology in the name of the Order. They lie, manipulate, and mislead with honeyed tongues in the name of the Order.

Chaladonian witch-steel has now been widely reported. Chaladonians refuse to reveal the process of its production. Witch-steel I call it because Chaladonian witchery is involved. They take children and bleed them slowly over their smelters, so that the blood is infused into their witch-steel. It is evident in the way the witch-steel turns crimson when it is soaked in water.

With this witch-steel, they have reinforced their Demon-ships (Squid). And to cause more destruction to the world, they are supplying the Fjords with the same blood-steel. The Yeshans and Baronies were ready for a ceasefire; they were at a stalemate. By tipping the balance, the Chaladonians have prolonged the dragged-out conflict.

The worst and the most treacherous is an Arms dealer who deals on both sides. Chaladonians have done so. The new Minotaur gun, its heavy damage, incredible maneuverability, and unmatched range clearly indicated Chaladonian Origin. Only the order would invest their scientists to a death machine.

This Heavy gun has no Chaladonian use. They were created by Chaladonians to produce more mayhem in the battles between Fjord and Yesha. This is clear in the way neither Fjord lords nor Yeshan bureaucrats can explain the sudden appearance of this murderous weapon.

Yes, Chaladonians are behind both sides. Manipulating and dealing covertly. Chaladonians are more unprincipled than the Mercantile Guild, more savage than the Arashi League, more imperious than the Yesha Empire, and more tyrannical than the Fjord Baronies. They are the true evil, the real enemy threatening our World.

Sincerely Yours,

The Angelean Propaganda Ministry

Offline Indreams

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 12:37:59 pm »
I'm afraid I'm no where as good as HamsterIV. I tried to mimic his Anglean Propaganda Ministry writing from Lies, Dirty Lies, and Propaganda

But I'm still quite pleased with myself.

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 01:03:04 pm »
I'm quite please with you too.

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 01:58:02 pm »
Indeed!  Smashing job, Indreams!

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 04:05:31 pm »
I approve of your Chaledonian Slander. Keep up the good work and soon the Chaledonians will find them selves where they belong, friendless and with a fleet of our ships at their border.

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 04:11:06 pm »
I approve of your Chaledonian Slander. Keep up the good work and soon the Chaledonians will find them selves where they belong, friendless and with a fleet of our ships at their border.

Happy 251th salute :D

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2015, 01:35:27 pm »
For the Republic!

Offline Indreams

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2015, 06:54:22 pm »
1.4.0 Hotfix 1 News

- Minotaur Heavy Cannon: reduced muzzle speed (from 800 to 350)
- Minotaur Heavy Cannon: reduced shatter damage per buckshot (from 35 to 28)
- Minotaur Heavy Cannon: removed arming time (which had no effect anyway)

Anglean Stirkes Dry Nitrocellulose.
An unnamed but brave crew of Anglean warriors struck a covert Chaladonian production center.

A few days ago, an Anglean marked ship was reported battling a flock of Chaladonian marked Squids on the southern shore of the Fjord Baronies.

Upon later investigation, the Barony military found wreckages and crews of three defeated squids. Upon interrogation, the Barony forces discovered a recently demolished Chaladonian gunpowder manufactory. The Barony invited a Guild Chemist, Jenji, to investigate.

"I believe this lab had something to do with the Minotaur Heavy Cannon." she commented, "The gunpowder they were producing matches the samples taken from unlabeled Minotaur Ammunition the Guild officials confiscated from smugglers between Yesha and Fjord. These gunpowders have contain dry nitrocellulose. The same compound is used wet in Lesmok rounds."

The cave in which the secret cave was located in was once home to a multitude of bats. She believed that the a special kind of guano found in this cave.

"Dry nitrocellulose, like the ones in these gunpowders, is dangerously flammable. That's why Lesmok rounds use wet powders, one that is safely moisturized. It seems that this guano creates a saltpeter that stabilizes the nitrocellulose." Jenji said.

The dry nitrocellulose has many useful applications.

"Dry nitrocellulose is simply amazing." she said excitedly. "Without all the water, it'll make a lighter Lesmok powder. That will irradiate the smoke, maybe even pack more of a punch. Although, it might force some sort of an arming time. However, before that can be done, we'll need to do some research. It'll take years and much investment to get Guild technology caught up to Chaladonian wizardry."

It appears that it will be some time before the gunpowder can be replicated. For now, gunners with Minotaur Heavy Cannon will have to use regular powder.

The Chaladonian government and the Yeshan government has declined to comment.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 06:56:58 pm by Indreams »