Author Topic: WTF 'Dust In The Wind'  (Read 20186 times)

Offline Papa Paradox

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 31
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
    • Wind and Thunder Gaming
WTF 'Dust In The Wind'
« on: April 06, 2013, 12:35:32 am »
I can not do this disease ridden, petulant, aggravating, miscounting asshole of an achievement. I have just come off my third game doing nothing but ramming (On dunes), one of which we counted 3 hull destroys, we ram killed pretty much all of them. I got 1 destruction. I CAN'T DO IT ANYMORE, THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE.

Offline Papa Paradox

• CA Mod
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
Re: WTF 'Dust In The Wind'
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 12:55:40 am »
Just played a match where we counted two gun kills for me, and a hull. WE ONLY GOT ONE, THIS IS SO BLOODY ARBITRARY IT HURTS.

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 04:44:36 am »
We've all been there.. or in my case I'm still stuck there (now stuck on both the ramming achievements - ram components on Dunes and CP ram kills).. ..

Probably the most annoying of the achievements.. .. even beyond the grind of the fix/buff 300 hundred widget ones..

Offline Papa Paradox

• CA Mod
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 05:02:27 am »
I finished the CP one's because I could do it on other maps, there is something glitched about this. I don't know what it is, but I know I have been getting less part destruction's then I should be.

Offline Pickle

• [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 05:13:28 am »
I think I'm at 14 of 20 component kills on Dunes, but for some reason I think the Goldfish works better for this than the Pyra this.  It seems illogical and I keep persisting with a Pyra.  But I know several of the ones I've got were accidental with a Goldfish.  Possibly because the Goldfish is less efficient at destroying the components on the side I'm closing on - you won't get an engine/gun kill with a Pyra if your flak-chain gunners have already destroyed it.

One thing I think is bugged - when they changed it from absolute kills to component destruction by ramming, I think it doesn't count the hull as a component.  So if you do get a kill by ramming - which is the result of killing the hull and will automatically result in the destruction of all surviving components - it doesn't count at all.

Clara.. are you there?  What do we have to do to get this achievement hammered into something sensible, or at least less frustrating?

Offline Papa Paradox

• CA Mod
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 05:27:18 am »
It miscounts... Hard. We started counting and we saw in the top right "Papa Paradox killed Hull, Hwacha, Flak, ect." so we're like OK at least 3, game ends, I get 1. AGGRAVATING.

Offline JaegerDelta

• Salutes: 16
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 05:49:17 am »
ram harder

Offline Pickle

• [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 07:57:34 am »
ram harder

Careful, you'll get <someone> excited.

Offline Phoebe

• Salutes: 62
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 08:14:05 am »

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 08:23:46 am »
Know what else is a silly achievement? Buff 150 balloons. Buffing the balloon is time-consuming and nearly useless. And you have to do it 150 times.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2013, 10:14:18 am »
Know what else is a silly achievement? Buff 150 balloons. Buffing the balloon is time-consuming and nearly useless. And you have to do it 150 times.

But it makes you *invincible!

*:Results may vary.

Offline Connor Mc.

• Salutes: 18
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 11:39:24 am »
Papa I'm telling you man, GOLDFISH, just forget about winning the game when you attempt the achievement and ram everything with the Goldfish

Offline Veyka

• Salutes: 12
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
    • Just a site
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2013, 02:18:49 pm »
I can not do this disease ridden, petulant, aggravating, miscounting asshole of an achievement. I have just come off my third game doing nothing but ramming (On dunes), one of which we counted 3 hull destroys, we ram killed pretty much all of them. I got 1 destruction. I CAN'T DO IT ANYMORE, THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE.

Doesn't help that the in game text is wrong, and that it doesn't seem to count hull or balloons sometimes. In the end I just got on a goldfish and rammed into galleons over and over while sobbing, and even then I managed to kill them 3 times before getting my last :/

Also, wait until you are onto the water hazard one, gl&hf as the fucking clouds don't work, so you have to hide behind rocks, or use a squid with tar barrel and sit in it, so annoying.

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2013, 03:04:30 pm »

Oh, and don't forget that if the engineer buffs the balloon without telling you and you rise or fall, you'll go really fast and then lose the buff so that you can't change direction.  That's killed me more than a couple times.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2013, 05:33:06 pm »

Oh, and don't forget that if the engineer buffs the balloon without telling you and you rise or fall, you'll go really fast and then lose the buff so that you can't change direction.  That's killed me more than a couple times.

People are going to hate me once I start working on that achievement :D