Author Topic: Release 1.4.0 notes  (Read 45297 times)

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: Release 1.4.0 notes
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2015, 08:46:08 am »
There is dogfighting already in this game, it is just not the Pyramidion that is going to win and not the Squid that will die in the next 10 minutes.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2015, 11:56:47 pm »

- Squid: The handling is almost ridicilous, when using hydrogen I've overshot past a galleon by a great distance, pretty much causing all my guns to lose arcs on it, but I assume I'll just get used to it with time. The accel speed definitely feels like how a squid should be imho.

You gotta be smoking something. They barely bumped it up at all. If that is fast then I feel sorry for you never getting to see what the ship used to be. It is a far cry from what it originally was long ago and not even close to the first squid fix test weeks back.

I was really looking forward to this patch but now, I'm a step from uninstalling.

The Pyra is utter shit. They fold up like the old squid used to. Tissue paper fighter. But as a Pyra, with high weight and poor turning. Yeah...this really makes a lick of sense. If its going to be nerfed this bad, return the Pyra back to 1.1 also. Make it capable to maneuver again.

If you want to dogfight in an F-35 Lightning so badly Gilder, why don't you go ahead with your threat to uninstall and buy a dogfighting game? There are lots of them.

Oh how original. Gee I haven't heard that one before...ha ha ha. Did you think that one up on your own or did you need help from the handful of people on here dedicated to keeping this game in Turrets of Icarus mode? The very least you could be original and pick a jet that doesn't suck? No? Sigh...this generation and their love for crappy expensive fighter planes...

Yeah I'm already part of Star Citizen...bite my shiny Cutlass exhaust pipe.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2015, 11:59:17 pm »

- Squid: The handling is almost ridicilous, when using hydrogen I've overshot past a galleon by a great distance, pretty much causing all my guns to lose arcs on it, but I assume I'll just get used to it with time. The accel speed definitely feels like how a squid should be imho.

You gotta be smoking something. They barely bumped it up at all. If that is fast then I feel sorry for you never getting to see what the ship used to be. It is a far cry from what it originally was long ago and not even close to the first squid fix test weeks back.

I was really looking forward to this patch but now, I'm a step from uninstalling.

The Pyra is utter shit. They fold up like the old squid used to. Tissue paper fighter. But as a Pyra, with high weight and poor turning. Yeah...this really makes a lick of sense. If its going to be nerfed this bad, return the Pyra back to 1.1 also. Make it capable to maneuver again.

If you want to dogfight in an F-35 Lightning so badly Gilder, why don't you go ahead with your threat to uninstall and buy a dogfighting game? There are lots of them.

Oh how original. Gee I haven't heard that one before...ha ha ha. Did you think that one up on your own or did you need help from the handful of people on here dedicated to keeping this game in Turrets of Icarus mode? The very least you could be original and pick a jet that doesn't suck? No? Sigh...this generation and their love for crappy expensive fighter planes...

I saw you playing that!  How is it?

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2015, 01:59:54 am »
Ooh fellow (future) cutlass pilot! I have a hoodie and everything. Can't wait to crew a cutlass w/ friends and terrorise peaceful merchants.

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2015, 07:43:16 am »

>mfw gilder has heard the same comment from other people multiple times
>still doesn't get the message

"We wanted to take the thrilling moments of using the big mounted turret guns, which were always fleeting in games, and make it a core of the game"

"big mounted turret guns"

"core of the game"

~Howard Tsao

(I think the developers made turrets of icarus online deliberatley perhaps maybe)

Offline Patched Wizard

• Salutes: 43
    • [+]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2015, 06:40:42 am »
Geo and Glider, if you are unable to have a discussion without devolving into cheap insults or you're unable to make peace with the idea that people will have different opinions to you then the only course of action left is to either "shut up" and preserve your remaining dignity or "take it to the skies" and settle your fight like two drunk, homeless men fighting over a can of spoiled beans.

You are both entitled to your opinions, your right to vocalise them, your right to disagree with them, your right to challenge them, and your right to talk about them. However, it is a two-way channel and that other person has as much right to their opinions as you do to your own.

Try and put your beliefs into perspective and consider every once in a while, hypothetically, that you are completely wrong in a discussion. Play with the thought that the person you disagree with the most is actually one hundred percent correct. If you make the effort to empathise with each other you might find that even though you may never agree (and that's okay) you can still co-exist peacefully in the same community.

ps. Geo i'm not sure you appreciate completely the irony of this statement coming from you.
>mfw gilder has heard the same comment from other people multiple times
>still doesn't get the message
It seems that you're still quite unaware that there is a long running joke about you too and your vocal opinions of the game. I'm not going to go into details for your sake, however I hope you realise that you are not immune to the same ridicule that you bestow upon others.

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2015, 08:34:55 pm »

Bugs:
  • Minotaur not in the Wilson's Notes so we do not know the stats for it.
  • Minotaur has blank box in the Wilson's Notes Achievement.

Also, the Minotaur achievement doesn't exist as a steam achievement.

Offline Inkjet

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 15
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2015, 11:37:10 am »
I know this might be a bit late, but the Minotaur has been in Wilson's notes from the beginning, you just need to complete the achievement (shoot an enemy 28 times with it) to unlock the notes, just like every other weapon.

Offline Extirminator

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2015, 01:36:58 pm »
I know this might be a bit late, but the Minotaur has been in Wilson's notes from the beginning, you just need to complete the achievement (shoot an enemy 28 times with it) to unlock the notes, just like every other weapon.

I actually was wondering why everyone kept saying it was missing but I was waaay too lazy to write anything about it.

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• Salutes: 30
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2015, 11:23:29 pm »
the pyra got nerfed?  soooo weird!

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• Salutes: 30
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2015, 11:24:39 pm »
the spire got buffed?! that NEVER happens....

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2015, 02:46:45 am »

You wouldn't think it, it still gets used a lot! :)

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2015, 04:21:51 am »

You wouldn't think it, it still gets used a lot! :)

Big surprise! Reducing the Pyramidion's hull health did not make people use it less as Muse has hoped it would, but instead all these people die much quicker now and some of them don't even know why!

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2015, 06:25:22 am »
Well, I guess the reason is, that pyramidion is probably the easiest to maintain with FULL crew...

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2015, 07:08:35 am »
Well, I guess the reason is, that pyramidion is probably the easiest to maintain with FULL crew...

Pyramidion is the easiest to maintain with full AI, just below goldfish actually,so you dont even need crew to carry a pub lol